IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These youngsters are from the heart of Chicago. They were throwing up gang signs and probably are gang-affiliated. However, I think this is irrelevant to what happened to Kenneka.

The attorney for the family has spoken out and stated that Kenneka was found in a different kitchen from the one that we see her walking through in released video footage. The kitchen that she was actually found in, according to the attorney had not been used for years. The freezer had been turned on.

He also stated that there is evidence of at least 2 employees in her vicinity while she is roaming. It is not clear if they actually saw her.

Question: If I walk into a McDonald's kitchen and go straight to the freezer am I negligent or is the establishment negligent? I am technically trespassing. In retail and I am assuming in a large hotel there may be significant turnover so employees could easily assume that someone in an unsecure area is there because they have the right to be there as in other employees. I've heard of employees going to work drunk, and them not being reported. Also, in the case of the people who have recently gone into some of the kitchens in the Crown Plaza, unless it is a manager, why would the other employees say anything? For all they know it could be a new employee or someone who typically works a different shift.

Working the overnight shift in hotels for over 20 years that scenario does not seem plausible. There are not many people working the shift and we know exactly who's supposed to be there. Noone would think there is a new employee drunk or high to the point of almost passing out ,not in uniform roaming around.

Hey y'all. Whether she was or wasn't "throwin up" gang signs, we have no proof that she was in a gang. IMO when someone is in a gang they don't hide it. No-they don't come right out and say it but theirs pride of being in that specific gang. Usually wearing a certain color(s) bandana and a certain way...IMO of course. She's wearing purple to support violence which indeed also represents domestic violence. Just throwing that out there.

Anyone else watch GangLand ? Lol

Also,when I'm hyped up about what I'm talking about I use my hands a lot. If that makes sense? And the supposedly supposedly not gang signs still doesn't help us to try and figure out her route to the basement to that kitchen and then to that freezer.

I'm confused. The only woman clearly doing what people might call "gang signs" was the woman in the white top at the party who said she was taking a drink to another girl. Kenneka herself was not shown to be doing that in any of the videos pertinent to that night. Nor was she wearing purple. Who was wearing purple and what is the relevance?

Hey y'all. Whether she was or wasn't "throwin up" gang signs, we have no proof that she was in a gang. IMO when someone is in a gang they don't hide it. No-they don't come right out and say it but theirs pride of being in that specific gang. Usually wearing a certain color(s) bandana and a certain way...IMO of course. She's wearing purple to support violence which indeed also represents domestic violence. Just throwing that out there.

Anyone else watch GangLand ? Lol

Also,when I'm hyped up about what I'm talking about I use my hands a lot. If that makes sense? And the supposedly supposedly not gang signs still doesn't help us to try and figure out her route to the basement to that kitchen and then to that freezer.

Can you elaborate on the purple in support of violence? I've never heard of such a thing. Only in support of domestic violence survivors which is obviously very different.

I'm afraid to comment on this case anymore with people getting kinda defensive so quickly. But I just want to put up what I see. Is this the area? Or around the area the cop was referencing about his location...I have no idea but I thought I share.

This is the hotel and I just wanted to point out (circle) that area
dad55aefa7a783c63dfa7c73195a9389.png

Zoomed in and I poorly circled a door on the left and some type of unloading area where the 2 cars are parked. Could this be the "dock" Next..where my orange line is I can see dumpsters IMO.
7d185378dcdbff146fdef8e291fb454a.png

Then this is just a big areal view of the hotel itself which I like to refer as a big mamma hotel.
5dd03fed851617d27ae3cbaad63c96b3.png

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your third picture, I think the loading dock and garbage area is actually on that wee road that runs along under chicago, that would probablty double up as the hiltons one aswell.

I'm afraid to comment on this case anymore with people getting kinda defensive so quickly. But I just want to put up what I see. Is this the area? Or around the area the cop was referencing about his location...I have no idea but I thought I share.
This is the hotel and I just wanted to point out (circle) that area
dad55aefa7a783c63dfa7c73195a9389.png

Zoomed in and I poorly circled a door on the left and some type of unloading area where the 2 cars are parked. Could this be the "dock" Next..where my orange line is I can see dumpsters IMO.
7d185378dcdbff146fdef8e291fb454a.png

Then this is just a big areal view of the hotel itself which I like to refer as a big mamma hotel.
5dd03fed851617d27ae3cbaad63c96b3.png

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos and it explains a lot. In a large hotel such as this, it makes perfect sense that a kitchen that prepares as much food as this one does that there will be a large receiving area for food etc. as well as dumpsters to take out large quantities of garbage as well. ( when my sweet Hubby takes out my garbage sometimes he will jokingly ask me why I made so much garbage for just 2 people) I would assume, and this case has had a lot of "assumptions" that any outdoor exit would have a security camera focused on it, security alarms should someone attempt to enter or exit. Keeping in mind that this kitchen was not operational at the time due to remodeling. I know I have said it before, but I hope LE treats it as a crime scene, to rule out foul play so this Mother can find some peace, if that is at all possible. There is a natural state of denial in any loved ones death and it sure does not help this family to accept this tragedy when so many people have so many theories about shadows and things that go bump in the night, but I can understand the family wants no stone unturned. I think about so many toddlers that wonder off and drown in pools in a split second when someone forgets to lock a back door. KJ does not appear to be in the most clear state of mind according to the videos.

In your third picture, I think the loading dock and garbage area is actually on that wee road that runs along under chicago, that would probablty double up as the hiltons one aswell.

I don't think so.... respectfully. I did originally think I had found their dumpsters in the doorway of the building to the right, then realized it was the Double Tree hotel. there is a sign for Crown Plaza at the entrance, but that is to get to the parking areas, I think. It would make no sense for two different hotels to double up their garbage dumpsters. Crowne would want a dumpster near their own hotel. JMO

ETA;
They probably do share the "driveway"
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 356
Can you elaborate on the purple in support of violence? I've never heard of such a thing. Only in support of domestic violence survivors which is obviously very different.

Sorry. I worded that wrong. But I'll explain.

In some of the protest footage and videos KJ mom and sister are wearing purple shirts that say violence. And yes, purple represents domestic violence which is why I said it means domestic violence (stands for domestic violence, survivors).

Either I read their shirts wrong or they don't know the meaning.

I'm confused. The only woman clearly doing what people might call "gang signs" was the woman in the white top at the party who said she was taking a drink to another girl. Kenneka herself was not shown to be doing that in any of the videos pertinent to that night. Nor was she wearing purple. Who was wearing purple and what is the relevance?

There was discussion going back and forth (you will have to go back in this thread and read the posts) about friends throwing up gang signs and one of them being KJ sister. I was just simply putting in my opinion. Geez.

Sorry. I worded that wrong. But I'll explain.

In some of the protest footage and videos KJ mom and sister are wearing purple shirts that say violence. And yes, purple represents domestic violence which is why I said it means domestic violence (stands for domestic violence, survivors).

Either I read their shirts wrong or they don't know the meaning.

Yeah, I've seen them in purple shirts and I think they released purple balloons at Kanneka's memorial. Maybe it was her favorite color.

On Tuesday, attorney Larry Rogers Jr. toured the hotel for about an hour. A hotel spokesperson says Rogers took pictures inside, asked questions and walked in all of the areas that video shows Jenkins walking.
Autopsy and toxicology results have yet to be released.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...ng-freezer-where-her-body-was-found/815071178

The MSM also says

"Rosemont police say the case is a death investigation and is a top priority for the department."

Previous MSM have stated that Rosemont police say the case is a death investigation and not a homicide investigation. I wondered if that has changed?

Just a thought [emoji189]

Yeah, I've seen them in purple shirts and I think they released purple balloons at Kanneka's memorial. Maybe it was her favorite color.

Maybe. But,lMO I have a feeling this case is about to shift. I don't know how to explain it but it's just a feeling of mine as of this morning.

***Originally Posted by tru2it4u
I'm afraid to comment on this case anymore with people getting kinda defensive so quickly. But I just want to put up what I see. Is this the area? Or around the area the cop was referencing about his location...I have no idea but I thought I share.**

Keep commenting and sharing please.

These youngsters are from the heart of Chicago. They were throwing up gang signs and probably are gang-affiliated. However, I think this is irrelevant to what happened to Kenneka.

The attorney for the family has spoken out and stated that Kenneka was found in a different kitchen from the one that we see her walking through in released video footage. The kitchen that she was actually found in, according to the attorney had not been used for years. The freezer had been turned on.

He also stated that there is evidence of at least 2 employees in her vicinity while she is roaming. It is not clear if they actually saw her.

Question: If I walk into a McDonald's kitchen and go straight to the freezer am I negligent or is the establishment negligent? I am technically trespassing. In retail and I am assuming in a large hotel there may be significant turnover so employees could easily assume that someone in an unsecure area is there because they have the right to be there as in other employees. I've heard of employees going to work drunk, and them not being reported. Also, in the case of the people who have recently gone into some of the kitchens in the Crown Plaza, unless it is a manager, why would the other employees say anything? For all they know it could be a new employee or someone who typically works a different shift.

I have seen the video of the person(s) walking thru the basement where KJ was last seen and then into kitchen and what not. Anyway, after re-reading all of what you have said...I am alittle confused.

1. You said, in the case of the "people" should I assume there is more than 1 person doing the walk thru in the video ?

2. It could be a new "employee" or "someone". Should I assume that you mean 1 person?

3. Have you seen the video?

4. Do you have back up MSM that supports any of these questions including that someone reported whoever did that walk thur in the video?

I sincerely am not attacking you, but at this point I personally would like to see a MSM link. Because what you have just said is very interesting!

I think there is a whole lot being read into this case that isn't there or at least isn't relevant (gang signs, purple shirts).

A bunch of teens getting themselves a hotel room to party, whether with a stolen credit card, one 'borrowed' from a parent, or one of their own is nothing new. Happens all the time.

At 45+ yo, I have been that drunk, and I have seen others that drunk. If KJ had (as some speculate) taken one of Mom’s pain pills, that would certainly exacerbate the situation, but I have seen people (including me, back in the day) behave that same way while just plain old drunk. This, to me,was just a tragic accident. She was obviously disoriented. I think the most telling video clip is where she staggers into the stairs and grabs the railing to right herself. At this point, she spins almost 180 degrees. All of those hotel corridors look the same (trust me on this) when you’re inebriated. You get yourself turned around and you would have a hard enough time finding your way back sober.

I think she likely hit the LL or LLR elevator button by accident (perhaps thinking it was the #11?) and got herself into the kitchen. By this point she would have had almost no cognitive function. I can’t explain exactly how she got into the freezer, but she did. On her own. And either couldn’t get out or didn’t even try to get out and decided to have a little rest. A lot of us have worked in kitchens and know that walk in freezers and coolers can be very dangerous. That was pretty much the first thing I was told at my very first job when I was 15 and I have never forgotten it (I am mildly claustrophobic and I will never forget having to work in one for even a few minutes to put up food). But, someone who had never worked in a restaurant would have no way of knowing that.

I am interested in the autopsy report and the actual cause of death. It is entirely possible that she died of an overdose of alcohol or a combination of alcohol and some other substance, and would have done so wherever she was. Of course, if she had been with other people, the chances of that happening would have lessened, but it’s possible that she could have passed out anywhere and died anyway.

Thanks for sharing your perspective and thoughts, Corpuschick. At this point, so agree with you. Keep sharing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back