IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"It's not like she's on drugs. She goes to work every day. My sister -- OK, at 26, you're ready to get out of your mom's house, come up with your own life. You've got your own goals, and that's what she did. She worked her butt off."

Phillips said Coles is the fourth child out of five and the last child to start a family.

And when she got pregnant, Phillips said, her sister was excited. A week ago, Kierra told her mother she heard her baby's heartbeat.

Phillips said she and her family have put up hundreds of fliers, many of them on the street where Coles was living, at 81st and Vernon.

Family Alarmed At Chicago Woman's Disappearance

This s getting stranger by the minute. He was the boyfriend for 5 years and I had assumed that they were living together. Her mom and step-day never mention him. They very quickly asked the police for a welfare check. It makes me think that they knew something was not right in her life and are just not talking..

Was there any DV, since she missed 2 days and then decided to call absent again at the last minute (since she was already in uniform) for a third day (bruises, etc. to hide from coworkers). Did she leave to go to a shelter for battered women. Left her keys and wallet at home, so her leaving might have been sudden. We don't see her stop to leave her phone in the car, could she have left it the night before (only possible if she had a land line) or maybe the police is withholding more of the tape when she comes back to her car.

You WS are so good, do you know the name of the married coworker she was involved with? I know you cant write it here, but could you please PM me? Thank you

Don't those going into hiding leave all of there personal belongings behind? Cell phone, etc... because they know that they can be tracked by them. Was she an abused woman who is trying to escape?

Her FB
https://www.facebook.com/Rio.Kierra.love

There are some interesting posts about her and the baby's father w/pics if you search her name on FB

The local Chicago news comments seem to indicate that her boyfriend also worked at the post office and was married, so I'm surprised to see they had been together 5 years mentioned here. I was just thinking that if they worked together, someone would know who to call her off sick to without having her phone. I don't believe she called in herself and then just walked away from her family. And why isn't her boyfriend out looking for his baby and pleading for her to return?

If he is married, I hope that him and his wife have been brought in and questioned.

Uh-oh.

Major red flag. This isn't going to end well IMO.

Uh-oh.

Major red flag. This isn't going to end well IMO.

OT...My ex worked at USPS for almost 30 years and it was amazing how many of the employees had long-term affairs going on at work, even though married, and everyone seemed to know. He made it sound like a hot bed of sex...this was a giant sorting/main facility. Who would have thought...

But I do not understand why LE would consider her diappearance to be non-suspicious,

Weighing in here:

I'll bet money this is NOT gang related. No way. Sadly, I think she's already gone. I think it's going to be yet another very sad case of domestic violence. Being pregnant made her very vulnerable and sealed her fate. :(

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to pray that I'm wrong. LOVE when I'm wrong!!!!!

Don't those going into hiding leave all of there personal belongings behind? Cell phone, etc... because they know that they can be tracked by them. Was she an abused woman who is trying to escape?

Her FB
https://www.facebook.com/Rio.Kierra.love

There are some interesting posts about her and the baby's father w/pics if you search her name on FB
I saw her facebook when she first went missing, no recent posts but posts back in 2011. Now there are NO posts, it's been scrubbed clean. I don't see her leaving her wallet though if she went into hiding. Phone yes, but I'd take my ID and an ATM card or checkbook so I could get some cash at the back so not to use a traceable credit card.

Why would her keys and wallet be in her apartment and her purse and cell be in the car? Wouldn't she need her key to get in the car? In the video it looks like she stopped at the car for a second but did not open the door or put anything inside. It looked like she walked across the street with a purpose, she didn't seem hesitant. The mother's boyfriend said she saw something. Could someone have called her over? How did her purse and cell end up in the car if she never got in it? Could it have been placed there later? I wonder if police looked at the whole video, since they don't seem to think it is a suspicious disappearance. Jmo

Reward offered for information on missing letter carrier
CHICAGO — The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering $25,000 for information about a pregnant 26-year-old Chicago letter carrier who disappeared nearly two weeks ago.

Police say Kierra Coles was last seen on Oct. 2 near her home in the South Side’s Chatham neighborhood. The woman’s mother, Karen Phillips, reported her missing on Oct. 4 after she hadn’t heard from her for two days, and calls to her cellphone went to voicemail.

Officers did a well-being check at her apartment, and did not locate the woman. Her car was parked near the building. Coles was not on duty when she went missing.

Postal Inspection Service spokeswoman Julie Kenney said the agency has launched a joint investigation into Coles’ disappearance, along with the Chicago Police Department.

Wisconsin/Illinois briefs

Tia A. Ewing‏Verified account @TIA_EWING 4h4 hours ago
Everyday I pray #KierraColes is found safe and sound. Please share and help bring the 26yo expecting mother home. @fox32news

DpoyQxZWwAAjzXb.jpg

Praying for Kierra Coles! Perhaps she saw someone out of camera view and walked over and was forced into a vehicle. Def agree a BIG red flag that bf is married. Does anyone know if LE have questioned the wife of the bf as well?

Praying for Kierra Coles! Perhaps she saw someone out of camera view and walked over and was forced into a vehicle. Def agree a BIG red flag that bf is married. Does anyone know if LE have questioned the wife of the bf as well?
I don't think that she called in sick. I think that the BF murdered her and then had his wife call the post office pretending to be Kierra.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back