IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - does anyone know who called in the suspicious men? Or did the officer simply see them himself and decide to investigate?

I think he was patrolling that morning on his way to work and he saw them hanging out in a place they shouldn't be. He called it in himself when he decided to investigate further. He was really calm in the 911 call, as if it was just a routine thing, or at the very least, nothing to get worked up about.

and according to the local businessman who was interviewed (iirc, the link above in someone's post...maybe Cubby??) the area was patrolled by LE almost daily, so it was not unusual for Lt CG to be there.

After reading the article I am not seeing where the guy saw the 3 suspects but just the cop car and the other cops showing up. jmo idk

He didn't see anyone suspicious or suspects, however he is a witness to the events occuring during the 6 minute window between the time of the second radio call from Lt. G requesting backup until the officers arrived on the scene. He describes seeing Lt. G's vehicle being seen prior to the requested backup police arriving. That tells me the suspects probably did not head back down Honing towards any of the businesses in that area.

steelman, that is what I believe also. But for some reason I have a feeling that Lt Gliniewicz either knew, or recognized these men. When you live in a smallish town, it is hard not to at least recognize people from that area, or at least that has been my experience. That is why I wondered if there is a drug problem around there?

You could be right on the money. That may also be why he didn't give a better description or name names over the radio, he may have known who at least a couple of these guys were and didn't figure it was going to be a big deal.

The first time he was asked if he needed help, he replied no. I'm guessing it was only after the 3 men took off walking or running that he decided to go ahead and ask the dispatch to send out another officer, because at that point it was obvious that they were going to try and avoid him.

My experience having grown up in a small town, people are nosy, people gather to talk about basically anything that is happening in the neighborhood or town. I don't want to insult or upset anyone by suggesting this town is like that, but surely there must be people talking about who they think these men are, providing these men are from the town.

Question - does anyone know who called in the suspicious men? Or did the officer simply see them himself and decide to investigate?
During yesterdays presser it was stated Lt. G self reported, so he is the one who called it in as it was occuring. See yesterdays posts for link info

I think he was patrolling that morning on his way to work and he saw them hanging out in a place they shouldn't be. He called it in himself when he decided to investigate further. He was really calm in the 911 call, as if it was just a routine thing, or at the very least, nothing to get worked up about.

Interesting fact I had not heard. So perhaps these guys didn't frequent the location if it is routinely checked out by police. I still think that they were from the area and on foot. There are a couple of neighborhoods easily within walking distance. Kids on the way to school? Anyone check on kids who missed school that day? I say that because sometimes high schoolers and even middle schoolers can appear to be "men" unless you are up real close or hear them speak. Anyone not make the bus that morning? Also, it is interesting to note that Grant High School is less than a 20 minute walk from there. Maybe kids who meet up in the morning to smoke a joint or something? I think if there was a car involved, he would have said so. Plus, hopefully, they have at least finger prints, etc...

That said, someone knows something. Someone pulled the trigger and the other 2 are probably really angry and scared they are caught up in it. The trigger man is probably freaking out even more that they will rat on him. I would be willing to be a friend, a brother, a girlfriend, etc...knows what happened and someone just needs to come forward. Thinking of the Brown's Chicken murders and it took 7 years before someone came forward, but they finally did. Hopefully, this won't take as long.

While the Patch article and interview video is very interesting (it was originally posted here last night) the guy saw Gliniewicz's car and heard and saw nothing else.

What I was prompted to do this morning was to seek the location of the business in relation to the old cement plant. I urge anyone who is curious enough, to do the same thing. The address of the business is 105 Precision Drive. Once you get there using Google, use streetview and follow Precision Drive back to Honing Road. That is where the paved portion of Honing Road ends and the gravel road begins. If you turn left and look down the gravel road that leads to the cement plant, you can see the gate to the plant where the officer stopped and got out of his car.

The guy did see the officer drive his car down that road. He did not see any other car come out of that road. And, there are no other roadway escape routes there.

Nor did he mention seeing any breathless individuals scurrying back to their places of employment.

Maybe this will help get you there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...1s0x880f7805f1797efb:0xbb3f14be1f90eb7d?hl=en

My experience having grown up in a small town, people are nosy, people gather to talk about basically anything that is happening in the neighborhood or town. I don't want to insult or upset anyone by suggesting this town is like that, but surely there must be people talking about who they think these men are, providing these men are from the town.

Right, and those are the tips the cops are waiting on.

He didn't see anyone suspicious or suspects, however he is a witness to the events occuring during the 6 minute window between the time of the second radio call from Lt. G requesting backup until the officers arrived on the scene. He describes seeing Lt. G's vehicle being seen prior to the requested backup police arriving. That tells me the suspects probably did not head back down Honing towards any of the businesses in that area.

So he says he went to get a sandwich and when he came back the car was there at the gate to the closed business and the other cop cars where there already, he didn't even hear the gun shot. jmo idk

It appears that once leaving the rd and going to the right in the marshy area there is a rd that has a bridge to cross over to the next hard surface which leads to the back or the animal hospital out on sayton rd/frontage rd. They could have been back out there while the backup cops were going in honing. jmo idk

I'm going to wait for forensic information to be released to the public. Thus far there have been two days of searching and investigating and not an iota of information has been found in addition to the very vague description called in by Lt. G. It still appears to be a needle in a haystack hunt regarding the three suspects.

I'm going to guess something will be released before the end of the day on Friday to keep the weekend residents/visitors from staying away on what should be a profitable holiday weekend.

Can a mod please fix the title of this thread? The deceased LEO was not 30 years old, he was in his early 50's. Thanks. :)

I'm going to wait for forensic information to be released to the public. Thus far there have been two days of searching and investigating and not an iota of information has been found in addition to the very vague description called in by Lt. G. It still appears to be a needle in a haystack hunt regarding the three suspects.

I'm going to guess something will be released before the end of the day on Friday to keep the weekend residents/visitors from staying away on what should be a profitable holiday weekend.

I didn't think about Labor Day, really the last big weekend of summer. But what could they possibly say to make sure people don't stay away?

New perspective from a local working in the area at the time of the incident emerges. The video at the bottom gives quite a bit of perspective on the area and the activity just after the incident.
http://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/video-fox-lake-man-watched-aftermath-cops-murder-unfold
This is the original posting of the Patch article and video. In looking at it again this morning I noticed that the article and presumably the video interview is by Joe Hosey of the Drew Peterson case, book, and made for TV Lifetime movie fame. He annoys me some but he is a good journalist and has garnered some awards. He was originally with The Chicago Sun Times and before that The Herald.

Anyhow, in listening to the interview again, knowing more now than I did the first time I listened, I noted that the guy saw cones out in the field, beyond the gate at the cement plant and presumed that that is where Gliniewicz was found. IF that is true, why would it take the arriving officers eight minutes to find him since it does not appear to be a swampy area? Or, maybe it is where the gun was found? Supposedly the gun was found near the body. I need to go back and look at some of the other current videos showing views of that area beyond the gate and into the cement plant. Maybe the weeds are really high right now in that area?

I think it is unlikely the three men Gliniewicz told the dispatcher about were there in or with a vehicle. The gate into the cement plant seems to be the 'end of the road'.

Lots to think about.

Press Conference going on now.

Expecting some forensic results by the end of today.

Attention seeking woman in town of Volo arrested for false lead.

Why did perps get away without detection? Question will be addressed by Sheriff later.

Fingerprint info may be known when they receive results from crime lab. Not in yet.

Good probability the perps are within the geographical area.

Something about a video being analyzed that may have images of perps running (through a corn field?). This is a home video that was turned over by a resident. Results may be known later today.

Toxicology tests will take more time but could be very relevant.

Still canvassing homes and area; preliminary, secondary and sometimes a third time.

CG'S gun has been recovered within the area.

Squatters may have been in the area.

Funeral may take place on Monday - unconfirmed.

Will know if CG fired his own gun after results come in.

Homeland security has the good quality video from resident.

I do wonder what they were doing there that caused them to be/look suspicious? The guy in the video (works at precision chrome) said the business beyond the gate is closed and has been closed yet that is where he said the car was parked at the end of the road were the gate is. Which leads me to ask, why were 3 guys down that gated rd that leads to a closed business doing 8 in the morning.

I see that the train tracks are for a commuter train unlike train were I live that carry coal, I don't see the train as a way out. jmo idk

This is the original posting of the Patch article and video. In looking at it again this morning I noticed that the article and presumably the video interview is by Joe Hosey of the Drew Peterson case, book, and made for TV Lifetime movie fame. He annoys me some but he is a good journalist and has garnered some awards. He was originally with The Chicago Sun Times and before that The Herald.

Anyhow, in listening to the interview again, knowing more now than I did the first time I listened, I noted that the guy saw cones out in the field, beyond the gate at the cement plant and presumed that that is where Gliniewicz was found. IF that is true, why would it take the arriving officers eight minutes to find him since it does not appear to be a swampy area? Or, maybe it is where the gun was found? Supposedly the gun was found near the body. I need to go back and look at some of the other current videos showing views of that area beyond the gate and into the cement plant. Maybe the weeds are really high right now in that area?

I think it is unlikely the three men Gliniewicz told the dispatcher about were there in or with a vehicle. The gate into the cement plant seems to be the 'end of the road'.

Lots to think about.

The gate you are referring to isn't the main gate into the plant. They could have driven a car into the plant itself from Rollins road. They could have exited the same way. The dirt road with the gate (Honing) is an old access road leading to the rear of the plant.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU&usp=sharing

I didn't think about Labor Day, really the last big weekend of summer. But what could they possibly say to make sure people don't stay away?

The forensics. So many unanswered questions we're all kind of in the dark regarding public safety. I'm sure the recreational activity in Fox Lake brings a lot of money into the village and if there is any info LE can make public to keep the crowds from being scarce, they will.

It's supposed to be a nice weekend and a hot one too. Plus, imo, it is nice that labor day is late this year. Leaves the park district pools open longer than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16