IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
activity possibly now in Lakemoor area / golf course
many suburban depts responding
This is 2-3 miles west on Rt. 120 of the original Volo location with all of the police activity. There is a large apartment complex mixed in with a small golf course, bordering Volo Bog, a large woodsy/swampy state preserve. Seems odd to be related to earlier Volo fields activity.

Listening to the scanner and seeing local's tweets, it is becoming a pretty sizable response, with many nearby departments on the ground, air support, K9s, media helicopters, and who knows who else on the way.

This is 2-3 miles west on Rt. 120 of the original Volo location with all of the police activity. There is a large apartment complex mixed in with a small golf course, bordering Volo Bog, a large woodsy/swampy state preserve. Seems odd to be related to earlier Volo fields activity.

I am just following their tweets. Not sure.

A perimeter is being setup from Rt. 120 up to Brandenburg, east to Rt. 12, not sure how far west. There was mention of another subject near Darrell Rd., which is west.

The times above contradict the 3 minute response time. That's why I was asking.

Two different media sources. I posted both. I didn't think to copy a portion of the written info from ABC7 sInce I had already postec what I saw on TV. It's possible ABC mixed up the time between calls from Lt. G and the response time of officers to the scene.

Three minutes or six minutes, it's still hard to imagine how three suspects escaped through a swampy woodsy area without being noticed.....

Two different media sources. I posted both. I didn't think to copy a portion of the written info from ABC7 sInce I had already postec what I saw on TV. It's possible ABC mixed up the time between calls from Lt. G and the response time of officers to the scene.

Three minutes or six minutes, it's still hard to imagine how three suspects escaped through a swampy woodsy area without being noticed.....

It appears to be 6, but they did. For now. Athough, they will be caught and charged and punished for the horrible crime. Things are looking good to night.

6 minutes is good. Years ago I was stuck in a swampy area in the NW suburbs and it took me closer to 30 minutes to cross about 600 ft to the nearest road. Never mind the swampy mud acted like a vacuum pulling off my shoes. I gotta give it to three persons who can make it out of what has been called tough terrain in 6 minutes in the midst of a slew of LE and elude so many agencies and dogs searching the immediate area.

I live 5 minutes from where Lt. Gliniewicz was murdered. I just got home from work and there are helicopters, Officers and K-9 Officers checking a field in Volo and also searching Lakemoor. There are roads shut down here right now. Routes 120 and 12.

No way I'm going to sleep now. Fingers, toes and all paws crossed here!

[video=twitter;639301544756678660]https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/639301544756678660[/video]

Guys we're upstairs. This isn't the scanner thread. Please remember what happens downstairs, stays downstairs.

Information regarding the Fox Lake Chief of Police retirement last Friday.

Those plans weren't mentioned last week, however, when Village Administrator Anne Marrin announced Behan and an unidentified police officer had been placed on paid administrative leave after the launch of an investigation into a physical confrontation between the officer and a suspect in December 2014.

The following link is dated 08/26/15

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150826/news/150829062/

The village is not naming the officer involved but Marrin said he has served the department for 17 years,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...lake-police-leave-st-0822-20150821-story.html

Are you implying it was Lt. G that was being disciplined? Because one of those articles was dated Aug 21st and it was said he was ' put on leave.'

3:59 pm, August 21, 2015

Fox Lake Police Chief Michael Behan and a police officer have been put on paid administrative leave while the village investigates how the department handled an altercation between the officer and a man who was arrested last year, Fox Lake officials announced Friday.

Are you implying it was Lt. G that was being disciplined? Because one of those articles was dated Aug 21st and it was said he was ' put on leave.'

3:59 pm, August 21, 2015

Fox Lake Police Chief Michael Behan and a police officer have been put on paid administrative leave while the village investigates how the department handled an altercation between the officer and a man who was arrested last year, Fox Lake officials announced Friday.

No, I am not. You must have missed the post where I indicated the police officer put on paid administrative leave was on the force for 17 years. Clearly the math doesn't add up, and we know Lt. Gliniewicz was working when fatally shot so it couldn't have been him who was placed on paid leave.

Among all the oddities of this case, I am wondering if there is any connection between the investigation of the police chief and the (not Lt. G) officer and Gliniewicz's murder. The timing is very close and it could explain any number of things. I don't want to break any rules, but will say this info opens up several possibilities which might not be relevant had this other ongoing investigation not be happening right now.

Those aren't things I would leave off a timeline and could explain why things are so close to the vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99