IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a webpage that lists the Police Departments who have admitted to losing weapons and who are suspended from the 1033 Program.

http://www.1033theeagle.com/news/suspended-law-enforcement-agencies/
IL FOX LAKE PD 7/1/14

I believe Gliniewicz was in charge of the program at the time.
The Pentagon has banned 145 law enforcement agencies from receiving surplus military weapons and supplies, part of a program under scrutiny after police in combat gear responded to protests in Ferguson, MO.
In each case examined by the Cox Washington bureau, the departments were suspended after losing high-powered weapons.

Do we really think they have spent 45 days actively reviewing it? Or was it simply locked down while they dealt with other more pressing concerns?

Lol. Agree. They got so much on their plate that this program and miscellaneous inventory is not of no concern.

Imagine your house burning down and your kid says mom; Can billy still spend the night next month. Lol.

Lol. Agree. They got so much on their plate that this program and miscellaneous inventory is not of no concern.

Imagine your house burning down and your kid says mom; Can billy still spend the night next month. Lol.

Those orange vests are really, really important Dexter.

:)

I would hope after spending 25,000 on investigations and locking down inventory they didn't just close up shop for the month because some officer died.
Not only do they have investigations to deal with on an internal level but they have crimes that also needed to be investigated that had nothing to do with Joe.

So I don't think they have been doing nothing for all this time regarding this inventory for the ENTIRE PD of which this is part of it.

I would hope after spending 25,000 on investigations and locking down inventory they didn't just close up shop for the month because some officer died.
Not only do they have investigations to deal with on an internal level but they have crimes that also needed to be investigated that had nothing to do with Joe.

So I don't think they have been doing nothing for all this time regarding this inventory for the ENTIRE PD of which this is part of it.

I wouldn't think they locked it down and did nothing for 45 days. But the inventory of the Explorer Program equipment was probably low on their priority list. As you say, they have crimes to investigate, and more important inventories, like weapons and funds.

That's a heck of a jump and a terrible accusation, don't you think?

A heck of a jump? Did you read the post I replied to?
see below:

Here is a webpage that lists the Police Departments who have admitted to losing weapons and who are suspended from the 1033 Program.

http://www.1033theeagle.com/news/sus...ment-agencies/
IL FOX LAKE PD 7/1/14

I believe Gliniewicz was in charge of the program at the time.

[Are you saying it is a jump to conclude that he is being accused of that?]

I want to say that in no way do I believe that Captain Arbay had anything to do with any missing inventory.

I just want that out there before insinuations of what I might have said or people think was said get spread beyond all control.

I don't believe he did nor do I believe Joe did. We don't know whether or not anything was missing from the program's inventory and we don't know what happened in 2014. I think suggesting "It went missing obviously it was Joe's fault" is presuming waaaay too much about what we don't know.

Depends on whether or not he was in charge of the program at the time. JMO

I am curious what oversight and controls this department had that they were suspended. And how did Behan respond?

Depends on whether or not he was in charge of the program at the time. JMO

Thank you for being honest. Others are pretending it was not an accusation against him. LOL

Who do you mean by 'we'? I haven't read anyone here suggest that, or imply it.

Oh OK. Just a quick mention of him being in charge of the weapons and an article about missing weapons, but nothing implied. So why the mention of Joe being in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow