IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A heck of a jump? Did you read the post I replied to?
see below:

Here is a webpage that lists the Police Departments who have admitted to losing weapons and who are suspended from the 1033 Program.

http://www.1033theeagle.com/news/sus...ment-agencies/
IL FOX LAKE PD 7/1/14

I believe Gliniewicz was in charge of the program at the time.

[Are you saying it is a jump to conclude that he is being accused of that?]

If it's your opinion he lost some weapons then that's your opinion, but I don't think what we know is enough for you or anyone to suggest whatever went missing was Joe's fault. That's all. I think it's jumping to a conclusion.

Can you describe what you felt when you heard? To the Mayor

"Disbelief, he was the policemans policeman. He did everything by the book. And I don’t know how anyone could have done this to him so"

Interesting for him to bring up Joe doing everything by the book when being asked how he felt when he found out it was Joe. I do believe this is a truthful statement.

Did anyone happen to read about the ongoing lawsuit the has plagued the Mayor since being elected? The one where it is alleged the Mayor, in exchange for support of a local businessman in his election, in turn fired some Village members for supporting the opposing candidate, who helped shut down this local businessman's establishment? Rough start into office.

When asked if he spoke to the family. He preferred to keep this private.

Spoke to Joe almost every day.

"When I got word that an officer was down, the first thing I did was text him, "hey Joe call in right away we need you" and then I found out it was him.”

Why would he think he would be the one that needed to call him? (Edit to add: this is primary example of the problem I find in the statements made by the Mayor. He "Texted" Him, not called him) How did he figure he wasn't already at work? In addition, a more natural thought that would come to mind would have been to show worry or concern for his friend. Is he safe? Could it be him? Who is it? Who called the Mayor?

The Mayor met with Joe on the prior morning, was this during Joe’s shift? Would it be far fetched for the Mayor to know if Joe would be working that morning? The Mayor shared that he spoke to Joe almost every day. How did he figure Joe wasn't in town? Was Joe not scheduled to work this day?

Why was it necessary to recall a memories of someone that you have known for 30 years that references wanting to touch his gun? The information as far as DNA and Prints on the weapon are still unreleased to the public? Why is it neccasary to recall a memory of him where he states he is vertical (meaning alive) and caffeinated? Kinda crazy, considering Joe died (not vertical) at the hands of his own gun.

Of course I have complied a lengthy page of notes to my thoughts on much of this but I don't want it to come off accusatory, I am not blaming or accusing the Mayor but I am deeply suspicious that he may know way more than he is letting on, suspect he may know what could have happened or who is behind it. No matter how you slice it, he seems to be feeling guilt in some fashion based on his own words, JMO. Words which I have pulled from various places, news sources, videos, meetings etc..
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2015/10/14/73912472/
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 12.29.49 PM.png

I just want to point out that we are on a thread that is about Joe. So questions regarding why he is mentioned in a post regarding some link is self explanatory.

New details emerge in Fox Lake; possible connection to fallen officer

http://wgntv.com/2015/10/13/new-details-emerge-in-fox-lake-possible-connection-to-fallen-officer/

The chief resigned after being put on leave. Two days later Gliniewicz was asked by that administrator to help with an internal police review.

The next day, Gliniewicz died after being shot twice with his own weapon.

Investigators have not ruled out suicide.

This quote convinces me more than ever that someone wanted Joe out of the way so he would not be able to assist in this internal investigation. Someone had it in for Joe. Maybe they knew he was a straight shooter and whoever was involved in the investigation maybe they knew Joe wouldn't cover for them. Some people will go to desperate measures to protect themselves especially if their secret wrongdoings were going to be exposed.

The chief resigned after being put on leave. Two days later Gliniewicz was asked by that administrator to help with an internal police review.

It reminds me somewhat of Sheriff Sid Dorsey out of Atlanta when he murdered the newly elected Sheriff Brown before he could take office. He hired hit men to murder him right in his own driveway. He tried to make it look like it was a hit by someone Sheriff Brown had arrested in the past before being elected as the new Sheriff. The hit men had once been police officers under Dorsey.

In fact he was tried in a town about five miles from me and he received the death penalty iirc.

Look at how a lot of whistleblowers are treated in our country. The whistleblowers are vilified more than the people they blew the whistle on and that has never made any sense to me but it still continues to happen over and over again when they dare come forth to expose others for their criminal or/and unethical actions.

Thanks for the article Katy.

As has been posted before, "being responsible" and "being held responsible" (or, put another way, "holding yourself responsible") are entirely different things. In my opinion, it's frustrating to see those things confused together.

If you are a Lt in charge of the weapon inventory, then you ARE responsible for lost/stolen weapons. No ifs ands or buts about it. That is how it is in the PD.

Yesterday, the speculation was centered upon the Lt's potentially 'horrid' behavior as the leader of the Explorer program. It was said that he was likely 'removed' from his role in the program. It was speculated that the program fell apart after his death because he was an inept leader, was negligent, did nothing to assure it would continue, and was even possibly guilty of something tha would be so humiliating if it were revealed, that suicide was the only option. People speculated that it was pathetic that none of his fellow officers would step up for him after his death. And that even his wife had failed the program.

Then an article appeared that seemed to wipe out much of that speculation. Not only was the program continued, but he was publicly praised for his past work with running the program.

So today it is on to his responsibilities as the man possibly in charge of the weapon inventory. As far as I know, there is no indication that there are any missing weapons. So sorry if I am quick to ask questions about where these potential accusations are coming from.

Ocean....Who is "that administrator"? JMO

I don't believe he did nor do I believe Joe did. We don't know whether or not anything was missing from the program's inventory and we don't know what happened in 2014. I think suggesting "It went missing obviously it was Joe's fault" is presuming waaaay too much about what we don't know.

I agree. I am reading a lot of enormous leaps in suggesting posters are saying something they didn't say. It's getting old isn't it?

Walker007:Finally was able to see the Mayor's video

I've been a bit rough on him here in my statements.As a result I wanted to be as objective as possible while viewing it. Almost got through it unschaved until right towards the end when he started listing "Joe Moments" like bullet points seemed devoid of emotion, almost mechanical.

Who knows, I might be way off, but IRL I've learned to watch out for people like that.

Ocean....Who is "that administrator"? JMO

I would think it is the City Administrator or maybe the Administrator who is over Internal Investigations.

Whoever it was ....after the Chief left/resigned under pressure imo.... they asked Joe to help with the internal investigation. You don't do that unless you trust a person explicitly. I think the Administrator knew they could get to the bottom of the investigation if they had Joe assisting them. Sadly, imo, someone didn't want Joe investigating what was going on and its no coincidence that the very next day he was shot two times and murdered, imo.

IMO

I am trying to catch up so the speculation is confusing to me and what basis is being used to support the speculation.

From what I have read that duty is assigned to someone who remains at the police station who is in charge of the weapons' room. How could he be responsible for the weapons when he was a beat cop and wasn't assigned to remain inside the police station during his duty time? That makes no sense to me since there are specific officers assigned to that duty who remain in the station all during their duty who has to register any weapons taken in or going out if it is a weapon a DA is going to show at trial. And that assigned person hands off the duty to the next person on the next shift. He wouldn't even be there when weapons come in or out and there is paper trail on all weapons.

If some are missing it isn't the duty of a cop who has patrol duty but it will fall on the shoulders of the one in charge or assigned to the weapons room or evidence room if weapons were taken during a crime.

IMO

I don't know why you think Joe was a beat cop.
Joe was the Communications Chief, The Records Chief and the Operations Chief

Was Lt. Gliniewicz a "beat cop" ? JMO

Wasn't he in his patrol car when he stopped or was he in his own personal vehicle.

It sounded like he was a cop who patrolled the area since so many people said they knew him. I would think if he had desk duty or inside duty not that many citizens would have known him.

But I could be wrong. Sorry if I am but that is the impression I got.

I don't know why you think Joe was a beat cop.
Joe was the Communications Chief, The Records Chief and the Operations Chief

Thank you for the correction. I will correct my post. ETA: I deleted it due to the misinformation I posted. Sorry everyone.

So he had no outside duty at all and didn't arrest anyone?

Wasn't he in his patrol car when he stopped or was he in his own personal vehicle.

It sounded like he was a cop who patrolled the area since so many people said they knew him. I would think if he had desk duty or inside duty not that many citizens would have known him.

But I could be wrong. Sorry if I am but that is the impression I got.

That's OK We are entitled to our impressions. JMO

Thank you for the correct. I will correct my post.

Of course he arrested people but he wasn't a beat cop out on the town patrolling all day. He had desk duties because he was a Lt in charge of three departments. We know he was part of weapons acquisition based on his interviews whenever they got a new toy.

Also he was part of the PD for 30 years so people would know him because he was part of that towns infrastructure for 30 yrs.

If you are a Lt in charge of the weapon inventory, then you ARE responsible for lost/stolen weapons. No ifs ands or buts about it. That is how it is in the PD.

Nonsense. Let's say that Officer A is in charge of the armory, but Officer B, C, D, and E also have access to it. Officer B steals a weapon.

Does the PD charge Officer A with theft? Why not -- he's the one responsible, right?

I think he was. You don't dress in the patrolman uniform and not patrol, and he was in his cruiser that he took home. jmo idk

He wore a uniform and drove a squad car so he did have some patrol duties. But he was a LT so he also had other bigger responsibilities.

If officer B steals a weapon, and you are the one in charge, then you share responsibility because he should not have been able to steal it if you were doing your job. That is how it would be looked at, imo.

In the real world. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member