Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker007:Finally was able to see the Mayor's video

I've been a bit rough on him here in my statements.As a result I wanted to be as objective as possible while viewing it. Almost got through it unschaved until right towards the end when he started listing "Joe Moments" like bullet points seemed devoid of emotion, almost mechanical.

Who knows, I might be way off, but IRL I've learned to watch out for people like that.

No, I think you are spot on to something in your observations.

I hadn't paid to much attention prior on the Mayor, until last night when I came across an appellate case he was named in as a defendant, which has to do with Official City Business.

I have written various points but will just share a blurb as I would otherwise sound like I had the Mayor under interrogation.

Why does he have to give a reason for not answering Joe's text message? He is offering unnecessary information.

He already shared they had met for 90 minutes earlier that day. His language indicates that in Joe’s text, there was something Joe wanted to talk to him about. It expresses Joe’s text had some form of assertiveness, Joe was waiting for and expected a response to his text.

Had Joe sent a text thanking the Mayor for the chat, it would be as simple as that, with no conscious need to explain why he didn’t return Joe’s text message. It is revealing in stating “Why" he didn’t answer because “id talk to him, he starts with saying tomorrow but changes his verbiage to the "next morning”<——— Important point, I want to point out here. As I was writing that sentence, it came naturally to me without even thinking, to include the word “the” before writing “the next morning” , in fact I have done this a number of times in my note writing on this, but that is not what he said. Vestigare, you even did the same thing a few pages back, iirc, because it is what comes natural to us in our spoken and written language. "because I talked to him tomor, next morning” "because I'd talk to him tomor, next morning”. I think what could have come out was "Because I'd talk to him tomorrow morning".
But he changed his thought, did he think he was giving something away about the following morning? The morning Joe was found shot?

Nonsense. Let's say that Officer A is in charge of the armory, but Officer B, C, D, and E also have access to it. Officer B steals a weapon.

Does the PD charge Officer A with theft? Why not -- he's the one responsible, right?

In the military officer A wouldn't be charged unless there's negligence on Officer A's part.

JMO

The Mayor texted him the next morning, reportedly to tell Joe to "call in" because of the shooting. Why did he think that Joe had not already reported for duty? JMO

You know, it's mighty odd about the ex-Chicago policeman calling to threaten investigators to rule as a suicide. Intersting Last Name. Makes you wonder if he knows anyone or knows anyone who knows anyone up in Fox Lake?? Makes you wonder if anyone threatened Rudd to speak out and say something. Just some thoughts.

Of course he arrested people but he wasn't a beat cop out on the town patrolling all day. He had desk duties because he was a Lt in charge of three departments. We know he was part of weapons acquisition based on his interviews whenever they got a new toy.

Also he was part of the PD for 30 years so people would know him because he was part of that towns infrastructure for 30 yrs.

That is understandable. Iirc this police department has only 18 officers so I am sure some of them do double or triple duty.

The Mayor texted him the next morning, reportedly to tell Joe to "call in" because of the shooting. Why did he think that Joe had not already reported for duty? JMO

Exactly. It doesn't make logical sense and it is offering unnecessary information. Wouldn't you think you would pick up the phone and make an actual call? Wouldn't you worry about your friend Joe, could it be him? OFFICER DOWN. Ask him if he is ok, is he aware of what is going on? The part about him coming in, would come secondary. IMO.

So... I wonder did they (LE) have Joe's phone looked at, as in who he talked/text'd/emailed over his phone with?

Exactly. It doesn't make logical sense and it is offering unnecessary information. Wouldn't you think you would pick up the phone and make an actual call? Wouldn't you worry about your friend Joe, could it be him? OFFICER DOWN. Ask him if he is ok, is he aware of what is going on? The part about him coming in, would come secondary. IMO.

At the peril of saying "maybe", maybe he did not think it was Joe because he did not think that Joe was going to work that day. So he was texting him to call in to the PD, because they would be needing him for this emergency. JMO

At the peril of saying "maybe", maybe he did not think it was Joe because he did not think that Joe was going to work that day. So he was texting him to call in to the PD, because they would be needing him for this emergency. JMO

Right, I understand your thought, it is logical on a glance. I do think your question is important. Did he think Joe was reporting to duty that morning? Chain Of Command. How often does the Mayor dispatch the officers into town? Fox Lake sent out a "All available manpower report to duty" over the scanner.

They said that he was on his way to work, but no one to my knowledge has verified that he was actually scheduled to work that day. Then it took a long time to figure out when duty started, which was finally said to be 7:45 So, was there a roll call at 7:45? I don't know. So, when did the mayor text Joe? If Joe had been at roll call, he would not have been on Honing Rd. And the mayor wouldn't need to have him call in to the PD, because he would assume that Joe knew what had just happened. JMO

I had thought about this as well. Of course anything is possible. But it was actually someone else they choose until they appointed the Lake County Guys. Saw this today from re-reviewing the minutes. However, I somewhat disagree though we couldn't be sure without actually knowing. It was Lt. G who attended the August 25th Village Board Meeting. I believe he was going to be asked to be interim chief until a permanent one was chosen, which may or may not have been open to him.

attachment.php
FYI - Chief Ron Hoehne is the Fox Lake Fire Chief.

So... I wonder did they (LE) have Joe's phone looked at, as in who he talked/text'd/emailed over his phone with?

I am sure they do have it. I would think he would have had it on his person that day or at least in his police vehicle.

I don't think anything was found on it that would help them in the investigation. I think if it did we would have heard about it by now. It was probably everyday normal calls, texts etc.

Walker...Do you have the minutes from the meeting last night at 5?....Or was it Monday. (who am I why am I here). Was about revenue stream. JMO

Walker...Do you have the minutes from the meeting last night at 5?....Or was it Monday. (who am I why am I here). Was about revenue stream. JMO

they are not up yet, just checked for you

I am sure they do have it. I would think he would have had it on his person that day or at least in his police vehicle.

I don't think anything was found on it that would help them in the investigation. I think if it did we would have heard about it by now. It was probably everyday normal calls, texts etc.

I'm not confident that we would have heard about what his phone divulged. JMO

Am I misguided or didn't they say initially that the non-lethal vest shot when deflected, hit his phone? Or did that assessment change, at some point? I really don't remember. JMO If so, the cell phone was being worn. JMO If the mayors text went through, the phone still was in working order. Same with any text before or after his death. JMO

Well, OK I'll just talk to myself......I THINK that Mayor Donny has some 'splainin to do. JMO

Perhaps they are investigating a rogue scout or rogue officer? Perhaps they checking the weapon inventory for both reasons. Perhaps they have more answers and clarity today than they did a month ago.

That is what I am thinking. This isn't all Behan inventory or else they were really slow in getting to it.

Wow. Lot of posts to catch up on so I apoliguze if this has been discussed...
I have just scratched the surface of this issue but it turns out that Fox Lake has had asset/inventory problems in the past. In July of 2014, hey were suspended from further participation in the federal "1033 program". This is the program to distribute military equipment that is no longer needed to LE agencies. I am still trying to find the details of the infraction that led to their suspension.

They have received $162,138 worth of vehicles & weapons. In a newspaper article on the 1033 Program (before the Fox Lake suspension) Lt G was the Fox Lake officer quoted about their involvement. He stated that FL aquired 24 45-caliber handguns, 7 M-16s, and 3 M-14s. He explained that they keep the handguns as backups in case they have a problem like a recall with their issued 40-caliber handgun.

I have not found any info on the fallout from FLPD's suspension. Curious that Lt. G was quoted in the article so he was likely involved in these acquisitions & possibly the violations that led to the suspension. Yet he was reported to be "involved" in the current "investigation" of the FLPD's inventory etc. Officials have portrayed him as assisting in this investigation and have denied that he is a subject of the invention.

Not sure what to make of this yet...

Wow. Lot of posts to catch up on so I apoliguze if this has been discussed...
I have just scratched the surface of this issue but it turns out that Fox Lake has had asset/inventory problems in the past. In July of 2014, hey were suspended from further participation in the federal "1033 program". This is the program to distribute military equipment that is no longer needed to LE agencies. I am still trying to find the details of the infraction that led to their suspension.

They have received $162,138 worth of vehicles & weapons. In a newspaper article on the 1033 Program (before the Fox Lake suspension) Lt G was the Fox Lake officer quoted about their involvement. He stated that FL aquired 24 45-caliber handguns, 7 M-16s, and 3 M-14s. He explained that they keep the handguns as backups in case they have a problem like a recall with their issued 40-caliber handgun.

I have not found any info on the fallout from FLPD's suspension. Curious that Lt. G was quoted in the article so he was likely involved in these acquisitions & possibly the violations that led to the suspension. Yet he was reported to be "involved" in the current "investigation" of the FLPD's inventory etc. Officials have portrayed him as assisting in this investigation and have denied that he is a subject of the invention.

Not sure what to make of this yet...

Respectfully, do you have links for any of this? I'm not disputing you but I'd like to be more informed on the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow