IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to know if what Filenko says is valid, that Joe was out there walking for 20 minutes. Could he have gone around in a different direction? Did he spot something earlier from Rollins? Or was he sent out there with a preconceived notion? Could he have parked his car, walked back through the side by precision and come out onto what looks like a gravel style road, depending on what map you are looking at.

(it still bothers me that when he radioed in his location he said "Off the gravel rd that runs between the cement plant and honing rd"

Where the trio took off down Honing into the swamp? I know it discounts, his by the equipment south of Honing statement but was that perhaps closer to where he parked? Just talking outloud here, not married to this theory by any stretch, looking for feedback. Anyone know how far down is that equipment?

View attachment 82906View attachment 82907View attachment 82908
I am not completely sure what your yellow and orange arcs and arrows indicate but, early on it was said that the paved portion of Honing Road ends at about the gate and beyond that is an unpaved gravel road. There may be trails in the area but I don't think there are other actual roads. I think the K.I.S.S. principle works for this case.

Wow. Lot of posts to catch up on so I apoliguze if this has been discussed...
I have just scratched the surface of this issue but it turns out that Fox Lake has had asset/inventory problems in the past. In July of 2014, hey were suspended from further participation in the federal "1033 program". This is the program to distribute military equipment that is no longer needed to LE agencies. I am still trying to find the details of the infraction that led to their suspension.

They have received $162,138 worth of vehicles & weapons. In a newspaper article on the 1033 Program (before the Fox Lake suspension) Lt G was the Fox Lake officer quoted about their involvement. He stated that FL aquired 24 45-caliber handguns, 7 M-16s, and 3 M-14s. He explained that they keep the handguns as backups in case they have a problem like a recall with their issued 40-caliber handgun.

I have not found any info on the fallout from FLPD's suspension. Curious that Lt. G was quoted in the article so he was likely involved in these acquisitions & possibly the violations that led to the suspension. Yet he was reported to be "involved" in the current "investigation" of the FLPD's inventory etc. Officials have portrayed him as assisting in this investigation and have denied that he is a subject of the invention.

Not sure what to make of this yet...

[B said:
Tillicum;12119234]Respectfully, do you have links for any of this? [/B]I'm not disputing you but I'd like to be more informed on the whole thing.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/05/07/...arization-a-tale-of-two-mraps/al4mppj/?page=3

Fox Lake Police acquired 24 .45-caliber handguns, as well as seven M-16s and three M-14s. Fox Lake keeps the handguns as a backup in case they have a problem, such as a recall, with their issued .40-caliber handguns, Lt. Joe Gliniewicz said.

Thanks to Vestigare for the link. That is one of the sources that I found.

Below is a link which allows you to search by state to find all departments, including Fox Lake, that have been suspended. I can't fiind any MSM articles reporting on the Fox Lake suspension at the time it occured. Disappointing that there are so many PDs on the list!

https://www.themarshallproject.org/mp-graphics/201412-dod/embed.html

I should be surprised that this was kept so quiet but I have seen so many things that never go public, nothing surprises me anymore. Those involved will not divulge any unflattering information and the public & MSM simply don't know what questions to ask. Insiders who speak up face significant resistance & risk. Perhaps we need to rethink the checks & balances that are in place to curtail the corruptive effects of power.

http://foxlakepost300.homestead.com/files/swat_basic_flier.doc

>>>>>>The Fox Lake Police Explorer post 300 will host another 48hour BASIC Swat Course.

Yes, we do Firearms familiarization with
REAL M-4s, MP-5s and all calibers of handguns. <<<<<<

For those who do not know the M4 is basically the M-16. So as you can see this was some serious inventory of the Explorers even if just borrowed for special training courses"

Btw these courses did not take place at the PD.

Btw these courses did not take place at the PD.

...nor, I'm sure, did they take place at the school, despite someone's repeated assertion that this paramilitary Explorers unit was run "in conjuction" with the school.

...nor, I'm sure, did they take place at the school, despite someone's repeated assertion that this paramilitary Explorers unit was run "in conjuction" with the school.

I HOPE they didn't take weapons like that to school! Geez.

Is there a public range in Fox Lake they might have used? The owner would probably let them in free to support Joe and the program.

Nope. They sure didn't.
I think it interesting that the future meetings under the new structure are now taking place at the PD.

As of post #450 a lot of discussion about inventory and likability reminded me to mention a case about a Chicago Cop with the nickname "Teflon Joe".

On ID last night a show aired, Untouchable: Power Corrupts (S1:Ep.3) "Teflon Joe" of Chicago is profiled.

Here's a link to the outcome of his trial -
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...139_1_joseph-miedzianowski-gang-members-badge

On ID, Teflon Joe is depicted as being untouchable within the PD because of his likability and outward image/success within the department. In two cases, once from a suspect and the other time a partner, he was outed to authorities for his own criminal acts.
No one believed either account causing Joe to become even more invincible in his own mind.

Often times, ID airs shows that seem to tie in (possibly) with current crimes in the news.
I combed the schedule but didn't see a rerun coming up anytime soon.

Based on the contents/outcome of the case above, we can imagine anything is or isn't possible in this case or any case.
Still until there is evidence or incriminating information revealed, it doesn't seem right to make up detailed speculations that paint a flawed character. Nothing concrete points to that at this time.

Oh, forgot to mention, Teflon Joe was stealing inventory. The inventory he was stealing was from the criminals - the drug money, the drugs, the guns. Eventually he began aiding the gang leaders to commit crimes while offering them protection and breaks from prosecution.
He led a double life and fooled his fellow LE despite the times he almost landed in hot water.
No one wanted to believe it so they did not.

Woe,

As I have pointed out much of my sleuthing is just to add pieces to the puzzle. Some of it I find interesting and it might make me think twice about a scenario and some of it just hanging there waiting for some inspiration that may never come.

The opinions people have on these facts are just opinions and I can't control theirs just like they don't control mine.

This wasn't meant specifically entirely for you btw. I was jumping off your post.

You know, it's mighty odd about the ex-Chicago policeman calling to threaten investigators to rule as a suicide. Intersting Last Name. Makes you wonder if he knows anyone or knows anyone who knows anyone up in Fox Lake?? Makes you wonder if anyone threatened Rudd to speak out and say something. Just some thoughts.

Threatened Rudd to keep his mouth shut about what he finds? After watching the Blaming Melissa video and watching him interviewed he doesn't strike me as someone who would scare easily. He went against a previous ME's finding in Melissa's case and probably upset a lot of people. (She should never have been sent to prison, imo, and thanks to Rudd she might get out.)

Someone somewhere knows what's up.

As of post #450 a lot of discussion about inventory and likability reminded me to mention a case about a Chicago Cop with the nickname "Teflon Joe".

On ID last night a show aired, Untouchable: Power Corrupts (S1:Ep.3) "Teflon Joe" of Chicago is profiled.

Here's a link to the outcome of his trial -
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...139_1_joseph-miedzianowski-gang-members-badge

On ID, Teflon Joe is depicted as being untouchable within the PD because of his likability and outward image/success within the department. In two cases, once from a suspect and the other time a partner, he was outed to authorities for his own criminal acts.
No one believed either account causing Joe to become even more invincible in his own mind.

Often times, ID airs shows that seem to tie in (possibly) with current crimes in the news.
I combed the schedule but didn't see a rerun coming up anytime soon.

Based on the contents/outcome of the case above, we can imagine anything is or isn't possible in this case or any case.
Still until there is evidence or incriminating information revealed, it doesn't seem right to make up detailed speculations that paint a flawed character. Nothing concrete points to that at this time.

Wow. What a story. Good find. Thanks for sharing. Maybe they'll put it up online soon.

Thanks to Vestigare for the link. That is one of the sources that I found.

Below is a link which allows you to search by state to find all departments, including Fox Lake, that have been suspended. I can't fiind any MSM articles reporting on the Fox Lake suspension at the time it occured. Disappointing that there are so many PDs on the list!

https://www.themarshallproject.org/mp-graphics/201412-dod/embed.html

I should be surprised that this was kept so quiet but I have seen so many things that never go public, nothing surprises me anymore. Those involved will not divulge any unflattering information and the public & MSM simply don't know what questions to ask. Insiders who speak up face significant resistance & risk. Perhaps we need to rethink the checks & balances that are in place to curtail the corruptive effects of power.

BBM

NO, this is not the first time that this info has been brought up on the net pertaining to the 1033 program and Fox Lake.

I would just like to know if what Filenko says is valid, that Joe was out there walking for 20 minutes. Could he have gone around in a different direction? Did he spot something earlier from Rollins? Or was he sent out there with a preconceived notion? Could he have parked his car, walked back through the side by precision and come out onto what looks like a gravel style road, depending on what map you are looking at.

(it still bothers me that when he radioed in his location he said "Off the gravel rd that runs between the cement plant and honing rd"

Where the trio took off down Honing into the swamp? I know it discounts, his by the equipment south of Honing statement but was that perhaps closer to where he parked? Just talking outloud here, not married to this theory by any stretch, looking for feedback. Anyone know how far down is that equipment?

View attachment 82906View attachment 82907View attachment 82908

Not sure what bothers you about this statement. While Honing doesn't end where the gravel starts, I think he meant the gravel part of Honing road that ran to the cement yard. He was on Honing near the equipment yard, parked at the gate and then walked/ran down the gravel part of Honing,beyond the gate. Got about 500 feet down the road and ran right, into the swamp.

Threatened Rudd to keep his mouth shut about what he finds? After watching the Blaming Melissa video and watching him interviewed he doesn't strike me as someone who would scare easily. He went against a previous ME's finding in Melissa's case and probably upset a lot of people. (She should never have been sent to prison, imo, and thanks to Rudd she might get out.)

Agree.
While combing ID, I noticed "Blaming Melissa" will air again at 8:00 a.m. central time on October 24, Saturday.
In case someone wants to set their DVR if they haven't seen the episode yet.

It is 48 Hours on ID, S6/Ep46

I am watching it now, started before I read this. Oh the tides are turning in my head.

BBM

NO, this is not the first time that this info has been brought up on the net pertaining to the 1033 program and Fox Lake.

Discussing it on some comments section is slightly different than the town having a meeting about it when it happened or the Chicago Tribune doing a story on it.

Then how do they find phones that are not at the addy? They have gps or what ever. jmo idk

example below from 6 years ago.

Oct. 22, 2009: FBI is called in to help with search for Elizabeth Olten. Volunteers concentrate on location of cell phone's last signal, in the woods behind Olten's home.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elizabeth-olten-timeline-retracing-alyssa-bustamante-murder-case-407826

I posted this earlier. Cell phones (can) give gps coordinates but they do not use GPS satellites to do so. Cell Phones get their GPS coordinates by triangulating the signals of multiple cell towers. That way they can get a GPS location, even indoors (providing they have a path to two or more cell towers.

Discussing it on some comments section is slightly different than the town having a meeting about it when it happened or the Chicago Tribune doing a story on it.
The Tribune did a story on it long before it was brought up here. Also, the comments pertaining to the items Fox Lake acquired was on and prior to Oct 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow