IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if we were to use Google Maps shortest route as the definition, but if we did that he might take Rt59 to the PD every day rather than Grass Lake Rd to State Park Rd which seems to have been his usual routine.

There's no guarantee that being parked on Honing isn't a red flag, there's also no way to know that he wasn't parked there sipping coffee preparing his mind for the day ahead.

Can we agree that if he was there to off himself and to make it look like he was killed in action. . . he was not on his way to roll call?

The Tribune did a story on it long before it was brought up here. Also, the comments pertaining to the items Fox Lake acquired was on and prior to Oct 6th.

Do you have a link or a date or something specific to search for to find it? I tried google but there are so many articles about Lt. Joe it's hard to sift through.

The Tribune did a story on it long before it was brought up here. Also, the comments pertaining to the items Fox Lake acquired was on and prior to Oct 6th.

Do you have a link to the Tribune article discussing the suspension?

I do not understand what your second sentence means or what it is pertaining to in regards to town meeting and MSM.

Only if we were to use Google Maps shortest route as the definition, but if we did that he might take Rt59 to the PD every day rather than Grass Lake Rd to State Park Rd which seems to have been his usual routine.

There's no guarantee that being parked on Honing isn't a red flag, there's also no way to know that he wasn't parked there sipping coffee preparing his mind for the day ahead.

It seems like a good location for that. If so maybe other officers knew he had that habit and maybe some of them do it themselves. If that's the case they'd know exactly where he was, could get there quickly and not ask questions about the location. They would also know whether or not people regularly hung out there at 8am.

I know who we could ask.

I wonder if we can get a hold of the guy in the news video that worked at the machine shop. He said they went out to get a sandwich and noticed the patrol car sitting there. He would know for sure if that was common or uncommon for any officers (including the LT) to do.

Do you have a link or a date or something specific to search for to find it? I tried google but there are so many articles about Lt. Joe it's hard to sift through.
Yes Bluesneakers, there is an article with the date being October 6th 2015. I have to find the link for you and it will take a few minutes, I am in the middle of a few other tasks right now.

Yes Bluesneakers, there is an article with the date being October 6th 2015. I have to find the link for you and it will take a few minutes, I am in the middle of a few other tasks right now.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.

The suspension took place in July 2014.
Boo was taking about MSM from the time it happened not just recently.

Isn't he great? I was so impressed.

Yes, I wish I would have watched that sooner. I have a different perspective on Filenko and Rudd. The overall environment of Lake County. I wish Dr. Rudd didn't use his feelings in that one statement as that bothered me. But I can see he is a very thoughtful and professional man.

Not sure what bothers you about this statement. While Honing doesn't end where the gravel starts, I think he meant the gravel part of Honing road that ran to the cement yard. He was on Honing near the equipment yard, parked at the gate and then walked/ran down the gravel part of Honing,beyond the gate. Got about 500 feet down the road and ran right, into the swamp.

Thanks for the response, same to another poster as well. That clarifies it better for me now.

I need a good laugh....of to Colbert-land. TY all.

Yes, I wish I would have watched that sooner. I have a different perspective on Filenko and Rudd. The overall environment of Lake County. I wish Dr. Rudd didn't use his feelings in that one statement as that bothered me. But I can see he is a very thoughtful and professional man.

Agreed. The word that comes to mind for me is 'integrity'. With some of the questionable and contradictory things we've seen and heard in this case, he's one person I can trust.

Also, sources told FOX 32 that Gliniewicz was also shot in the vest, the bullet hitting his cell phone which was clipped on the vest, and that the shell casing was found a considerable distance away from where his body and the second shell casing was discovered.

bbm

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/18717002-story

Does everyone agree that it's pretty darn convenient for a person staging their suicide to make it look like a KIA - for them to also destroy their cell phone along with any incriminating evidence that might be on it with the first of the two shots?

If this was a homicide and set up then it's possible the first shot was intended to destroy the phone and not necessarily a miss.

Intentionally shooting the phone.

That was my take on it too. Only, I believe it points toward suicide.

I didn't see you had posted it first. :)

Agreed. The word that comes to mind for me is 'integrity'. With some of the questionable and contradictory things we've seen and heard in this case, he's one person I can trust.

I try to look at things objectively and with an open mind as I see them for what they are. Which is what I was doing when I formed my opinion of events that transpired on this case between Rudd and Filenko. I have been in enough situations where LE is undermined by various spectators when in fact they are acting in accordance to the law, processing evidence, and actively pursing a case. Just because it isn't in the media, doesn't always mean there is a credibility issue and I base that off years of experience. But I also understand that can also legitimately hold merit as I've seen that as well based on experience.

However, after watching this case I can see that there are some personalities who have to be right, even if they are wrong. I understand interrogations are needed in many situations, this one included, though from watching it, I think this kid would have cracked a lot sooner had she been guilty. As far as suppressing the evidence, I guess that falls onto prosecutors lap. Suppress evidence? Ouch. That's a HUGE "no-no"

I guess I can now better understand why the skepticism in this case.

Jury is out. I remain open minded.

I agree. I am reading a lot of enormous leaps in suggesting posters are saying something they didn't say. It's getting old isn't it?

This has happened to me on many cases. Over time I began to wonder if I'm typing in English or if I simply don't know how to express myself clearly.

In one case where I often explored an alternative theory, of which I know now LE looked into the same theory closely too, a certain poster still gripes about those stupid people (me) who couldn't see the truth from the beginning - on and on and on.

So what, who cares? Still bugs me though because it feels almost like a form of bullying.
After proof comes out they were right all along, why does someone continue (don't get me wrong, no one nor did I ever denounce the real perp as the most likely perp) to bash posters who explored other possibilities? What drives their need to twist intent and condemn discussions surrounding a case?

I'm done venting now, thank you. :tantrum:

I know when the suspension took place. I am saying that a comment was made October October 6th,2015 pertaining to the July 2014 suspension. The suspension was just brought up on Websleuths today, when in fact it is not new news on the net.

You specifically replied to Boo's post where he was talking about this suspension not being found on mainstream media or discussed pretty much at all at the time it happened and said "no".

This wasn't about the first to ever discuss it or bring it up. This as a discussion about why the msm didn't at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member