IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here it is. Filenko basically said they are coming towards a conclusion within the next few weeks. At least as far as the coroner is concerned regarding making a ruling. The end of November came up as a possible time of conclusion. Filenko had lots of nice things to say about Rudd. erhem... lol.... basically that they are cooperating together, talking several times a week and both agreed the coroner would not make a ruling prior to having everything.....

the next blurb for the 10 pm news had to do with Filenko's credentials and why he is qualified to be overseeing this type of investigation.

All that really tells me is they are waiting for dna results. Nothing really specific and I have to admit, it was odd seeing Filenko praise Rudd. Someone must have told them to behave, lol.

The Mayor seemed to have said (jokingly) "hey Joe, let me USE your gun!" and the Lt simply replied "negative."

It seems like an innocent (unrelated) off the cuff comment to me. Made by a very nervous and emotional old friend.
As I pointed out a couple of days ago up thread, the mayor relayed the same witicisms (use your gun, upright and caffeinated, etc.) at the memorial a couple of days after his death. It was part of Joe's humor and their friendship. While the mayor does have some public speaking issues and nerves, I don't see any relation to the specific 'hold your gun' one to the theories here.

My head is spinning. Let me off this ride. Is it Filenko? ABC's reporting? What? BBM below on what could/may/might/should/would be happening. Will it be conclusion, conclusionS, closed, some conclusionS, finding......?

Officially, the public knows nothing more about why Lt. Joe Gliniewicz died than the day it happened. The police official in charge of that investigation tells the I-Team that conclusions in the case are upcoming, within a few weeks. In an interview with the I-Team, task force commander George Filenko says the case may not be closed until near the end of November.

"We are hoping to come to at least some conclusions in the next several weeks, but the investigation is still moving forward," Cmdr. Filenko says.

It's been nearly 50 days and counting since lt. Gliniewicz was found in a Fox Lake field, dead from two gunshots wounds while on his way into work.

Commander Filenko, who leads a consortium of local, county, state and federal authorities-says the case is moving toward a conclusion.

"I think what we are looking at here is at least a finding by the coroner's office," he says. "I've been in contact with Dr. Rudd, our coroner, continuously, sometimes several times a week discussing the case. We have been working in unison, he has been extremely cooperative."

I'm gonna have to strap in to watch the 10:00 news on this! :rollercoaster:

As I pointed out a couple of days ago up thread, the mayor relayed the same witicisms (use your gun, upright and caffeinated, etc.) at the memorial a couple of days after his death. It was part of Joe's humor and their friendship. While the mayor does have some public speaking issues and nerves, I don't see any relation to the specific 'hold your gun' one to the theories here.

I was extremely skeptical as very off type remarks considering the circumstances. But I am agreeing now more with what you wrote above. Could always be wrong again but I figure the chips will fall where they do. I am leaning more towards suicide. If it is homicide, I believe they know who they looking at.
1) Caffeinated and Vertical.....Is no longer living....upon further review of facebook, this was a normal saying of his
2) Asking to touch his gun......we are in the process of unknown dna, according to Filenko Dna found on numerous of his items....this one prob just a coincidence which I don't believe in those much.
3) His Roger that.... nothing crazy about this really stood out.... but also a common thing on his FB.

My head is spinning. Let me off this ride. Is it Filenko? ABC's reporting? What? BBM below on what could/may/might/should/would be happening. Will it be conclusion, conclusionS, closed, some conclusionS, finding......?

I'm gonna have to strap in to watch the 10:00 news on this! :rollercoaster:

That sounds like suicide to me. Since he mentions nothing about potential suspects or anything. I wonder if LT G internet searches provided them with a suicide motive and they are just needing time to put lipstick on this whole thing. Idk.

I don't see how LT had tons of different dna samples on him when almost every murder victim found barely has one sample on them. And that's only when the perps leaves the sample behind whether knowingly or unknowingly.

You rarely hear that a murder victim had 9 different dna samples left behind on them that needed to be tested. Even when they are abducted from leaving the gym or bar or whatever. Jmo. Very odd indeed.

You rarely hear that a murder victim had 9 different dna samples left behind on them that needed to be tested. Even when they are abducted from leaving the gym or bar or whatever.
I didn't have it in my mind that the samples were all ON him, rather from the scene. See MSM's account from Filenko (for what it's worth) below.

Officials are in the process of identifying nine DNA samples found at the scene, Filenko said, and have taken more than 100 DNA samples from people, including police, who were there. Those will be submitted for comparison to a national database of offenders. Only one of the recovered samples is male, Filenko said.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fox-lak...gun-sign-of-struggle-task-force-says/1011416/

I don't for a second buy that the testing hasn't yet been completed. Everyone knows, when a LEO goes down, the tests that investigators need done are moved to the front of the line and given the highest priority. This is just more time-killing garbage, in my opinion.

I didn't have it in my mind that the samples were all ON him, rather from the scene. See MSM's account from Filenko (for what it's worth) below.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fox-lak...gun-sign-of-struggle-task-force-says/1011416/

Maybe the LT did it where cigarette butts and beer cans were left at. Or just in a area that had garbage litter around. Idk. But 9 samples is alot.

Even when victims are found in dumpsters or back alleys, etc; The cops rarely say that they have multiple dna samples that they need to test.

Keep in mind the date the Mayor said that about LTGs gun. IIRC it was the afternoon of the shooting. At that time, even the task force didn't know for sure who's gun killed him. All they knew at that time was that his gun was fired twice.

It was stated it was found on a variety of the Officers Items. It was not confirmed nor ruled out about his gun. It was not confirmed or denied about fingerprints.

Well I am curious to the source of DNA.

Are we talking blood, saliva, hair, source under his nails, transfer dna from defensive wounds, or touch dna?
1) Unknown Blood sources would point more toward homicde, IMO
2) Saliva would be a tough one as that could transfer before arrival
3) Nails could go both ways. Where did he stop on his way to work? Sign of a legitimate struggle
4) Transfer DNA from scratches and wounds would point more toward a homicide
5) Touch DNA. I am a huge fan of touch. But not as much in this case unless obvious signs of a struggle

I took the liberty of taking some screen shots from the latest news story. Gives some better views of the area.

5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Maybe the LT did it where cigarette butts and beer cans were left at. Or just in a area that had garbage litter around. Idk. But 9 samples is alot.

Even when victims are found in dumpsters or back alleys, etc; The cops rarely say that they have multiple dna samples that they need to test.

BBM, because those cases don't need to explanations about how many DNA samples in the manner that this cases needs to list them by trying to explain themselves. It is a little odd to list the amount of samples. But again, since information has been limited, it may end up as the hair on the vest, the blood spot on the gun etc... Those others are obvious homicide cases. This one :thinking:

Fwiw, there was nothing on the 6pm news that I saw that mentioned anything about the dna. That was just a guess of mine..... especially with the long wait times we have seen in the UID forum.

Keep in mind the date the Mayor said that about LTGs gun. IIRC it was the afternoon of the shooting. At that time, even the task force didn't know for sure who's gun killed him. All they knew at that time was that his gun was fired twice.

Was it the day of or the day after the shooting?

The same things that stood out to you stood out to me.

Chuck Goudie did mention though that they are still undetermined between homicide and suicide.

You must remember that for most victims they do not ever see the amount of evidence gathering that the task force did for this victim. That is because very rarely is the victim LEO.

Also remember that these nine samples in all likelihood would have been eliminated as anything useful had they been investigating this not from the standpoint of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

It is well documented and even Filenko admitted rhat everyone has transfer dna from multiple persons on their body or personal effects. We shed dna constantly. You will pick up dna grim touching another person or differing they have shed on. The diff is that usually a forensic team will acknowledge that it is clearly transfer dna.

This task force hasn't been honest and we dint even know where this dna came from now what it constituted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28