IL IL - Skeletal Remains found near Lake Lou Yaeger, Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Authorities: No connection between skeletal remains, case of missing Macoupin County woman[/h]
LITCHFIELD — There appears to be no apparent relationship between skeletal remains found near Lake Lou Yaeger, and the case of missing Macoupin County woman Denita Hedden, authorities said at a press conference Thursday.

The remains were discovered by a utility worker Wednesday afternoon, approximately 100 yards away from the lake shoreline in Litchfield.
At approximately 9 a.m. Thursday a number of investigators from multiple agencies searched the area where the remains were found to locate any additional items of concern. Police had initially searched and secured the area Wednesday night.

Illinois State Police Trooper Heath Bryan previously said the Litchfield Police Department contacted ISP Zone 6 Investigations at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday after finding skeletal remains.The race, sex, or age of the remains are still unknown.
https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Authorities-No-connection-between-skeletal-12867764.php

Once again, with this being 1.5 to 2 hrs from Champaign/Urbana, Yingying Zhang is also a possibility. I will note that in the articles I have read about these remains, there is no mention of the FBI being involved, just ISP. While the ISP are involved with the search for Yingying, I would think if they had any indication that this might be her, the FBI would be getting involved as well

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Zhang-25-Urbana-9-June-2017-7-*Arrest*/page47

I'd be very surprised if the Litchfield remains were YY (there are a LOT of missing persons)... looks to be at least a 2 hr. drive southwest of Champaign (4+ hrs. round-trip), and I just don't think BC would take 4 hrs. to dispose of the body in or near a lake and risk a 4-hr. gap in his whereabouts, let alone risk being stopped somewhere with a body in his vehicle. If he was going to drive some distance I think he'd head north on roads he knew back to Wisconsin, but more likely I imagine disposal was well-within 45 mins. of his apt. (jmo). Time will tell....

I'd be very surprised if the Litchfield remains were YY (there are a LOT of missing persons)... looks to be at least a 2 hr. drive southwest of Champaign (4+ hrs. round-trip), and I just don't think BC would take 4 hrs. to dispose of the body in or near a lake and risk a 4-hr. gap in his whereabouts, let alone risk being stopped somewhere with a body in his vehicle. If he was going to drive some distance I think he'd head north on roads he knew back to Wisconsin, but more likely I imagine disposal was well-within 45 mins. of his apt. (jmo). Time will tell....

I would be surprised too. The FBI not being involved makes me think it isn't her. As with the Boyleston remains, I think it will turn out to be someone more local. However, I do think that there is a slight possibility it could be her. 3-4 hrs round trip is doable -especially if he had a place chosen ahead of time. He would be back with plenty of time to get some sleep, then spend the next day and a half sanitizing the crime scene(s) and his car before his wife returned.

Also that the remains are that of a person small in stature. Yingying was pretty petite if I remember correctly.

Also that the remains are that of a person small in stature. Yingying was pretty petite if I remember correctly.

About 5'4'" 110 lb is what she was listed at, so she was certainly not big by any means.

Where did you hear this about these remains? Was there something new that came out? The only thing I remember reading about them was that they were from either a teenager or an adult.....

I read the same and deduced since they were not just saying teen they were basing their comment on size. If they were basing one bone density they would know teen or adult with greater certainty.

I read the same and deduced since they were not just saying teen they were basing their comment on size. If they were basing one bone density they would know teen or adult with greater certainty.

I read one of the articles on the remains from back in late April the other day, and it quoted a group called the "Missing Person Awareness Network" saying the remains were of a short female, but ISP have not confirm this.

Wait, Illinois? How about the lady known as Beth, named Benedetta, traveled to southern Illinois & never returned?

Thread for her around here someplace....

Have not seen anything new on this case,
but the NAMUS database now says that “an anthropology review shows that this individual may be black with an admixture of Native American/Hispanic.”

This location is in southern Illinois, so missing women from the St. Louis area and western Kentucky should be considered, too.....
I know. I was able to go over some cases before needing to stop. It was too much for me, going over cases and cases of missing women :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back