Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aunts seek Quad-Cities' help to find 6-year-old boy

Ms. West, of Akron, Ohio and her sister, Becky Schmidt, also an aunt of Timothy's, were in the Quad-Cities Wednesday handing out flyers with the boy's picture on them at hotels, restaurants and gas stations along major interstates. They don't know where their nephew could be, but believe he is still alive.

"In our hearts, we could not ever imagine Amy hurting Tim," Ms. Schmidt said. "She protected that little man with her life."

Ms. West said that police found no sign of Timothy when Ms. Fry-Pitzen's body was found, which led her to believe she left the boy with a friend.

"His backpack and his booster seat were not in Amy's car," Ms. West said.

full article at link:
http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=544583

Releasing photo's of the following to the general public as a BOLO may open some more leads for this case. Either actual photo's if available or pictures of identical product.

• Back Pack​
  • Booster Seat​
  • Description of clothing known to be purchased at Shopko​
  • Descripton of toys known to be purchased at Shopko​
  • Description of any items missing from the home that may have been packed for the trip.​
  • Any items known to have been in the vehicle but were missing when the vehicle was located​
  • Photo of vehicle​
I'd hate to see civilians seeing these items and not relating them to the case.

The more info made available (that would not jeaprodize the case) the greater assistance LE can obtain from the general public.

I must admit, ALL those items, especially the Booster Seat, (car seat) seems that he was to be driven in another vehicle, hence would be alive regardless of the signs I see that say he isn't. I am a person who easily believes in miracles too.

I'll continue to pray
and think positively about this case, until we know otherwise, for prayer is powerful when "two or more are gathered in my name, I am there" according to the Lord.

Thanks for the updates.

Reactions: mrz
What is the crime for taking in someone's child in a secretive way and not alerting authorities? I hope it is a felony; I can't think of any valid reason not to let LE know, in one way or another, that a child is alive and being cared for when the child has been deemed a missing person.

I am torn on whether or not this child is alive, mainly because of the purchases of new clothes. I have never been torn about the Skelton boys, I never believed their father for a moment. I don't know what to think here; hope she did not get the idea to say her child was safe with someone else from him.

I believe there is A LOT of information being withheld and I respect that assuming it's in the boys best interest. I don't begin to belittle or judge our LE and their efforts, they are better at this that we are. Who she called, what she bought, exact timing of pick-up and drop offs and when she was reported missing as well as other things found in the car, hotel, what she bought in Winnebago....all could be clues. As much as we'd like to have these clues to that we can continue to try and help find him, I believe LE has reason to believe it is in the boys best interets (for reasons I don't pretent to try to understand) to retain some of this information.

The media and public were vital in finding the mother of that little boy in Maine....and I believe that's what this site is for, but with limited information being released, I have to believe there is more to this story and it's in the best interest of the boy to not release it all.......

I have been trying to think of a scenario in which somebody may have him and he's safe, but the people who have him don't know about the search & investigation, and maybe don't even know about the mother's suicide.

So far the only scenario I can think of is that the mother had some friends who were going on a vacation somewhere with their own kids, maybe to a resort area or a theme park or something like that somewhere far away, not in the Midwest. Timmothy went along with them for their trip, but they aren't even aware of what's going on back home and won't know until they get back.

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe that wholeheartedly, but it's the only way I've been able to think of so far in which he could be alive and well but nobody is coming forth.

If they know where she called from, they they should know the numbers of who she called from Sterling, IL. I would find it almost impossible to not have had a phone conversation with whomever she gave the boy to, whether it was from her home, work, or cell phone...there has to be a trace of contacting this person.

There has to be a prior relationship with someone to take your boy 'forever', Dad needs to think back to prior friends, facebook friends, calls, christmas cards, college/high school friends. There was a relationship so there has to be a trace of it.

Just thinking out loud.

I would think that they've checked out everyone she had contact with by phone, but didn't find out anything about where he is. In other words, none of those people have him. That is worrisome, because how would you make arrangements for someone to take your child without phone calls?

I am thinking more and more that no one has him.

I just heard on WGN 720 that they had dogs out in the Dixon/Oregon area near Castle Rock State Park-- sure enough they have an article on their website: http://www.wgnradio.com/news/chibrk...r-missing-aurora-boy-20110519,0,5610469.story

Nothing real new, but it seems like it's shifting back from the QC area.

From the above link:

"It's kind of a needle in a haystack," said Aurora Police Lt. Pete Inda, "but we've got to get out here."

'Needle in a haystack' is exactly why I think it would help to release photo's of items. If those items are seen without the boy, then they indicate mother was in that area and it is place to search.

I'm trying to think of a good reason to keep them as 'hold back' info which might be in the boys best interest and I am coming up with a blank.

I would think that they've checked out everyone she had contact with by phone, but didn't find out anything about where he is. In other words, none of those people have him. That is worrisome, because how would you make arrangements for someone to take your child without phone calls?

I am thinking more and more that no one has him.

I agree. Hopefully LE has not only checked cell phone records but also her work phone records if possible, and her computer. There maybe clues there with whom she may have communicated with.

Has there been any information released about why they believe he could be in the Davenport IA/Moline IL area? I wondered if they are aware of Amy having friends in the vicinity?

I live in the general area and also saw this on one of the TV news websites:
www.wqad.com/news/wqad-missing-boy-flyers-051911,0,3668826.story

Mom had friends and family in the area. (Earlier MSM articles upthread). She also attended college in IA, and from what I recall had possibly lived in IA for several years.

hth

MSM article with info from the paternal grandmother.

http://www.indeonline.com/newsnow/x941155972/Nationwide-search-under-way-for-local-womans-grandson

excerpts:

“They thought if she had killed him, the body would have been with her,” Pitzen said.

Authorities say it’s possible Fry-Pitzen may have driven her son west of the Chicago area, according to Pitzen.

It’s unclear why no one has stepped forward with information about Timmothy, according to Linda Pitzen.

“Maybe it (news) hasn’t gotten far enough yet. We don’t think it’s a relative. We think it’s a friend. We’re just grasping at straws,” Pitzen said.

Full article at above link

In one of the MSM articles, forget which one and can't find it now someone (other than grandma IIRC) was quoted as saying it was unusual that if she did kill him he wouldn't have been found with her body in the motel.

Which I agree with to a sense. However, if she did not want her family to know she murdered him she would not want him found. In her state of mind it is possible she wanted to keep it hidden that she had harmed him and that allowed her the ability to dispose of him in a place she believed he would not be found.

Which again points to why I think it would benefit the case to release photo's of items which might indicate where the mother was with the boy. The weather is getting nice, folks visit the river area's she was known to be near. Could she have tossed those items in the river? If they are seen in those area's it would be a clue for someone to notify the authorities.

I don't think she would have tossed them out the car window while driving, so it is very likely, imo, she disposed of them near where she may have disposed her son.

JMO

I agree. Hopefully LE has not only checked cell phone records but also her work phone records if possible, and her computer. There maybe clues there with whom she may have communicated with.

Possible FB messages too-- they wouldn't necessarily show up on her phone or her computer unless they specifically went on the site and logged in...

The media and public were vital in finding the mother of that little boy in Maine....and I believe that's what this site is for, but with limited information being released, I have to believe there is more to this story and it's in the best interest of the boy to not release it all.......

Kind of OT.

respectfully snipped. WS has participated in a lot of things to assist cases... anywhere from submitting tips on possible matches between the missing and unidentified - some who have made a handful of positive matches. To assisting family with getting info to the media, directing them to various NFP's that work with family of MP's, to sleuthing out information on potential witnesses or address's.... to participating in foot searches or organizing the food for volunteers at foot searches. Contacting media to get the MP's story out.... or info on other cases out.

Those are some area's. We've also had the person charged with murder posting here in one case. Abraham Shakespeare case out of FL.

We know in many cases LE reads here as does the media. We have some family of MP's participating here.

Of course we are also here to support the victim and victims family....

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member