IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow! I had intially saw your post and thought the search was called off because they had found his remains, until I read the following:

Authorities said the search would resume if new, specific information came in as to the whereabouts of Timothy Pitzen.

So he has not been found and LE is not going to do any more searches. Un-believable.

Why not get the pings triangulated and find out where she was? Why are they choosing NOT to do foot and river searches?

Why not utilize a group such as TES or Necrosearch who has the technology to search underwater?

http://www.necrosearch.com/

I'm so disappointed this family is now being left to search for Timmothy on there own.

At least release the map which triangulates her route so citizens can search (provided they are not trespassing on private property) and the word can be out for those with private property to search for anything they might see out of the ordinary.

I can not believe LE just gave up on this boy without fully using ALL resources available to them. This is a CHILD we are talking about who could not just walk up and walk away on his own like an adult could. I could see not spending man hours and resources when the possibility an adult went missing willingly, but this is a 6 yr old little boy who needs to be found.

God I hope my child never goes missing in IL if our LE gives up this easily. This steams me!

This is an outrage to any parent with a minor child in IL. I can't imagine how helpless Timmothy's father and family feel right now, knowing LE is putting the brakes on this search until new information comes forward.

I'm crushed.

I really really believed once LE had ping maps they would request volunteer assistance for foot searches and would utilize resources that could search water areas. That they stopped the search prior to doing any of that is mind boggling. :(

Missing boy’s classmates tying yellow ribbon around school

“They don’t need details at his point,” said Price.

Still, the children are talking among themselves. And they are asking the tough questions, like “Is he alone?” Or “Is he in a house?”

“They are showing more emotion,” said Price. “I took four of his little classmates to the park, and they were picking dandelions, blowing them in the wind and making wishes that Timmothy comes home safely.”

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news...smates-tying-yellow-ribbon-around-school.html

How does one tell these little kindergartners LE has stopped looking for Timmy? Or no, they are not looking anymore? What message does this action by LE tell our youngest of children?

I'm going to put together a list of resources - the NFP groups who work with the family of missing persons and pass them along to the family through the FB page set up for Timmothy. Hopefully some of these organizations can act as a liason between the family and the media as well as LE.

I'm also going to send some emails to the media requesting additional information on how the civilian community can assist.

Search for Aurora boy comes up dry

Aurora police and nine other agencies conducted a daylong search Thursday of rural roads and parks near Sterling and Rock Falls where Amy Fry-Pitzen may have stopped with her son Timothy, who has been missing since Friday, May 13.

The search did not turn up any new evidence, said Aurora police spokesman Dan Ferrelli.

“We have not found anything of value,” Ferrelli said. “There seems to be a lot of information on this but not necessarily a lot of leads.”

Read more: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110519/news/705199864/#ixzz1MqAMr6Df

There has to be some kind of map that can be created by the area's where Amy's cell phone pinged and the amount of time her phone pinged off the same tower. If her phone pinged at a certain tower for any given amount of time longer than it did others it would indicate where she stopped and spent time.

Why not canvas those area's? Why only one ground and air search done by LE? There was a lot of river along the route between the Dells and the Rock Falls/Sterling area and then onto the Quad Cities area. I can't believe a single day long search would encompass all the possible area's Timmothy may be.

There is something very hinky here. I don't know if it means LE is waiting on additional results from ping maps or they are going to simply sit back and wait for tips to come in with information on Timmothy's whereabouts.

In one of the MSM articles upthread where Timmothy's paternal grandmother was interviewed she is quoted as saying there have been NO reported sightings of Timmothy. That could indicate his mother put him in water or it could mean she passed Timmothy along to someone who is no longer in the IL/IA/WI area. Why no further push then for national media if Timmothy is residing and may be spotted outside the three state area?

Calling the search off now makes zero sense.

Wonder if the family knows about and how to contact Equisearch....they need help.

Wonder if the family knows about and how to contact Equisearch....they need help.

I'm going to put a list of these resources TES, necrosearch, project jason, lostnmissing etc. and send them through the FB page set up for TFP tomorrow. (No time to compile the list until tomorrow).

I agree the family is going to need a lot of help. Hopefully one of the many fantastic NFP organizations or advocacy groups that assists family of MP's can provide some assistance and get some movement on this case to find this child.

Stopping the search??? This is terrible news. The searches for Kyron went on and on, and continue -- how is this any different?

Why isn't this sweet child getting more attention??

Stopping the search??? This is terrible news. The searches for Kyron went on and on, and continue -- how is this any different?

Why isn't this sweet child getting more attention??

I agree. Kyron is not in IL - the comparison of the two cases demonstrates just how large the gaps are between jurisdictions when it comes to missing children.

If I had to guess why this precious child isn't getting more attention it is because the attention is currently LE driven. And family doesn't know of any other resources or avenues than to simply rely on LE. No family has experience with this type of situation so it is up to us, the advocates and volunteers for missing persons to ensure the information they need reaches them.

There is no way for me to contact the group owner of the FB page for Timmothy's MP site - so I will have to look for another avenue to ensure the information reaches the family when I compile the list of organizations which can assist with keeping Timmothy's name and face in the mind of the general public.

Can you post the information in the case briefs thread in the FA forum Leomoon? I think the FA discussion is limited to that forum only.

thanks!

I'm going to open a family support and information only thread for Timmothy in the appropriate area here at WS.(the non discussion area here for MP's).

I will be adding the links for the many resources available to family there as well as adding some of the media articles there as time permits.

This is not the thread to offer info for the family as it is not always appropriate for them to read the discussion and opinion area.

Hopefully I can find a way to ensure this information reaches the family.
Putting some feelers out there this evening.

ETA: I see there is already a thread in the family support and info only area (non discussion) so I will be adding the resources there.

Here is the link for the family support/info only thread for Timothy.

IL IL - Timothy Pitzen - 6 years old - Aurora - 13-May-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sadly the search for little Timothy has been called off until LE receives further specific information pointing them to Timothy's whereabouts.

Search for Missing Aurora Boy Called Off

The search for a missing 6-year-old Aurora boy has been called off, nearly a week after he was last seen with his mother who was later found dead of an apparent suicide.

Authorities said the search would resume if new, specific information came in as to the whereabouts of Timothy Pitzen.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/pitzen-search-122249539.html

Because the family will now be doing much of the search for Timothy on their own I am going to add a number of resources which can assist the family in this area.

LostnMissing Inc.
When a loved one becomes missing, families are extremely distraught. Working along with their law enforcement we will guide families to what needs done to help locate their missing family member. This includes media, marketing, designing missing posters and banners, and assisting the family with needed events as well as contracting for search and rescue, if advised by their local police agency. We are always available to the family and work with professionalism and compassion.
http://www.lostnmissing.com/

Project Jason.
Our mission as a non profit organization is to create and increase public awareness of missing people through a variety of outreach and educational activities. Project Jason seeks to bring hope and assistance to families of the missing by providing resources and support.
http://www.projectjason.org/

benefits and services provided to the family of missing persons:
http://www.projectjason.org/benefits.shtml

Of the two above from my experience LostnMissing is more hands on working directly with family and guiding them through the process. I don't have as much knowledge of how Project Jason works other than they are another excellent resource.

Texas Equusearch: Mounted Search and Recovery Team.
Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team was started in August 2000 with the purpose to provide Volunteer Horse Mounted Search and Recovery for Lost and Missing persons.
http://texasequusearch.org/

NecroSearch International:
NecroSearch International is a volunteer multidisciplinary team dedicated to assisting law enforcement in the location of clandestine graves and the recovery of evidence (including human remains) from those graves.
The NecroSearch mission is to assist law enforcement agencies by providing applied research, training, and on-site investigations. NecroSearch scientists and investigators work on a volunteer basis.
ttp://www.necrosearch.com/

An additional forum specifically dedicated to resources for the family of missing persons can be found here:

Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Organizations that can help - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I will add to the above list as I find more resources. The above should be a fantastic start for the Fry-Pitzen family.

I saw his father on the news this morning, he is suffering so much.

I'm so angry right now. I'm burning mad at LE. What if it was their child?

Crime Stoppers is offering a $5000 reward for information that helps investigators find the missing boy.

Anyone with information can call Aurora Police at 630-256-5500.

Some additional info about todays search. Not much new news at the link.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...h-for-aurora-missing-boy-intensifies-20110519

NCMEC - National Center for Missing and Exploited Children can be reached by calling
1-800-the-lost (1-800-843-8678)

This might not be a popular take on it, but I think they called off the search in that particular area because they have no real reason to think they'd find him anywhere near there. Just because she last used her cell phone on that specific stretch of road(s) doesn't really mean that much, I don't think. She's not seen again until 8 pm that night at a grocery store near Rockford, and she could have covered hundreds of miles in the 6+ hours in between. She could have gone just about anywhere in NW Illinois, or even into Iowa.

I'm still wondering about those clothes she bought at ShopKo on Thursday. LE has to know what those clothes looked like. If they weren't left in her car, then their description of what Timmothy could be wearing should include those, not just whatever he was wearing in the last video from the Dells resort. Or, if what he was wearing in that video was what was bought at ShopKo, then the description should include what he had on when she picked him up at school. I just think all the clothing possibilities should be included. And even the toy(s) bought at ShopKo might matter. Someone might remember a kid they saw carrying whatever toy it was or something.

I fully agree MarthaM. The MSM article does indicate today's search was based on where she last used her cell phone. I'm disappointed it did not include current technology for water searches. No dive teams, no equipment used to see under water.

Yes, the clothing and toys could be very important as you mentioned above.

Also, there is a big difference between where she last used her phone and where it may have pinged-on what towers and for how long- along her route after leaving the Dixon area. Unless she pulled the battery out in which case LE would determine a time and location of the last time her cell phone pinged.

Then there are toll booths she most likely had to drive through between leaving WI and entering IA. LE should be able to determine if she avoided tolls driving along non toll routes or if she utilized tolls they have video survellience. Toll video survellience should have images of the car and may have captured the car seat, the boy- was he in the car seat? Does the survellience show an empty car seat?

How long does it take to review toll booth information between Dixon and IA and back? How she paid, when and where her car went through. I'd think by now they have reviewed such information and could determine whether the boy was in the car or not at a certain point.

To call off a search and wait for further information solely based on where she last used her phone seems rather simple. Too simple in fact. Perhaps we all, myself included, misread LE's statement regarding calling off the search as a result of the LE quotes being somewhat vague. Perhaps they are still awaiting additional electronic and survellience information which they have not yet fully reviewed and simply didn't mention so to the media.

There is a huge gap of time between 1pm when she was last known to have spoken with family and 8pm when she was spotted on the video in the grocery store and then another 3-3.5 hours or so until she checked into the motel.

It is an enormous amount of ground to cover. Thinking of all the places that would need to be papered with fliers. From Rockford, the Rock Falls/Sterling area's, Quad Cities, Dixon, perhaps towns inbetween if LE has information indicating her cell pinged off the same tower for any given amount of time indicating she was not driving. I hope the family chooses to utilize some of the MP NFP's as these groups can organize volunteers and provide fliers (likely free) to paper many of these area's. Even if the family can not physically be in many of these locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member