IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this is just so ... heart-wrenching?, exciting?, confusing? Originally from IL so IL cases always have caught my eye. I too have wondered for a long time what exactly happened to Timmothy. I just don’t know what to make of this. I hope LE is able to figure out exactly who this young man is. It would be incredible if it were Timmothy. Of course I’m skeptical. Of course I’m hopeful. Wow. If he is telling the truth re: someone holding him captive, those persons must know by now he has escaped. I guess we’ll know soon. He is somebody! I don’t know what else to say!

There is a Red Roof Inn on Mount Carmel Tobasco Road. Walking directions from the Red Roof Inn to where this young man was found says 4-6 hours depending on his route. I am beginning to think this is Timmothy. Still hoping this is a miracle!

I am going to throw this out there... it is defintely out of the box thinking.
What if he really was with the Amish all these years? He is around the age that they go off for rumspringa. He may not want to bring negative attention to the family that raised him the past seven years, and made up the story about the two men and being passed around over the years. Just a theory, I guess I am not ready to believe that his mother left him just to suffer all these years.
Tomorrow and the DNA results cannot come soon enough.

This poor child. I mean, why would a young teen pretend to be a missing boy? I know anything is possible, but that would seem highly unusual.

It has happened before in missing persons cases I recall one case in particular Robbie Romero where the teen claimed to be the missing child. I’m not suggesting that it was has happened here.

I just went back and read the entire thread. Some things that were mentioned on the show (I am only going by memory so I hope I get them right!):

*She told both the school and her work that she had a family emergency. She told work she would be gone about a week.

*She was at work for 15-20 minutes sending out emails and they showed part of one email briefly. It looked like it said "things are horrible at home..."

*She had stopped taking her medication a week prior.

*Dad said the blood in the car was from him having a serious nose bleed. Mom came home one day with Timmothy, he came in house holding a bucket and his nose bleeding all over his face.

*Mom called Timmothy's uncle (Dad's brother) and her mother. The Uncle talked to Timmothy. Her mother said she sounded calm and not distressed. She said Amy didn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of her taking Timmothy.

*Amy wanted her husband to join the Mormon church. She asked him several times and he said that "at the time it wasn't an option for him".

*I do not remember them mentioning cough syrup or that she purchased clothing. They did show the toys she purchased for Timmothy and one of the videos show him playing on the floor near the hotel front desk with the toys.

*I do not remember them mentioning the zoo, car repairs, previous trips, or that her cell & ipass transponder was not found.

*Both dad and grandmother think she gave Timmothy to a "Radical Mormon" (I think thats the phrase they used) because of Dad not wanting to join church.

~ Again, I am just going by memory so I hope I remembered everything right... I was hoping to find a youtube of the episode but haven't found it yet.
Apparently he was featured on the Taken show n 2013. This is a rundown of things covered on it.

It has happened before in missing persons cases I recall one case in particular Robbie Romero where the teen claimed to be the missing child. I’m not suggesting that it was has happened here.

Another one was Nicholas Barclay. There's an interesting documentary called "The Imposter" about the case. I don't think that's what happened here, but it has happened before so it's something to keep in mind.

I guess anything can happen. I'm just thinking of young, male teens I know, and wondering if they even could tell you the names of any high profile current cases. Perhaps. But the likelihood of one of the 14 year-old s disappearing themself, AND having knowledge of a child who vanished in another state several years ago, who I'm assuming has a very strong resemblance, same age, etc. It just doesn't make any sense. What's the motivation?

I would caution people using the word scam. Unless this is a The Imposter (Nicholas Barclay) situation which I would think most likely not, no matter who he is, this is a traumatized child who has likely been through hell. I am most inclined to think it is not Timmothy. I stopped following true crime cases some years ago. How often are missing children found alive after years? Of course there was Steven Stayner and Shawn Hornbeck(?). Any other cases? Both of them suffered horrific abuse by their captors. People don't kidnap children just to put them with new, happy families. I am glad a DNA test is being done immediately to get concrete answers so there is no chance of a repeat of the Barclay situation. I would love to be wrong about this not being him. PS DCFS workers are doing gods work. They aren't selling children. Good grief.

The three young women in Cleveland - Amanda, Gina and Michelle.

Elizabeth Smart
Jaymie Closs
Hanna Anderson from CA (can't think of her last name)
Jayme Lee DuGard

Is Timmothy an unusual way to spell the name, with the double M? I'm wondering if he spelled his name Timmy in school? If this is the missing child from Illinois and he hasn't been to school since his abduction, I'm wondering if he wrote his name as Timmy, and maybe the police recorded it as Timmothy, assuming that was his full first name?

Is Timmothy an unusual way to spell the name, with the double M? I'm wondering if he spelled his name Timmy in school? If this is the missing child from Illinois and he hasn't been to school since his abduction, I'm wondering if he wrote his name as Timmy, and maybe the police recorded it as Timmothy, assuming that was his full first name?

His mother's obituary lists his name with the double M.

The police may also have collected DNA from the mother at the time of her death. They might even have taken Timmothy’s toothbrush and have a sample of his DNA.
Did I read on one of these posts that there was blood in the mother's car that was identified as Timmy's? If so, they should have that blood sample for DNA to match to this boy.

Two questions:

1. Amy took her son away for 3 days without permission from Dad, right? And we are presuming that her motive in "giving him" to others was to get him away from Dad, right? Are you all thinking this was a "I want to end my pain but I want you to suffer forever by never knowing where your son is" type of thing? Or a "I want to protect my son and myself from every having to be around you again" type of thing? I can't get my head around whether she was vindictive, desperate, or crazy. Knowing that would help us understand to whom she might have given him.

2. Did they check the security cameras at Kalahari so they know for sure nobody else entered that room? The manner of death (cut wrists), note, and previous 3 days of shopping/one last big hurrah make me feel like it really was suicide. But I would love video camera verification. Do we have that?

Ok, that was more than just 2 questions - sorry! And TIA!

I'm also wondering how thoroughly the father was investigated? I'm trying to quickly get up to speed on this case, but they don't really accept that Amy committee suicide, do they?!? Why would a mother leave her young son with random, mysterious people and hide him from family?

I'm hoping if this is Timmothy, he will be safe when reunited with family.

Two questions:

1. Amy took her son away for 3 days without permission from Dad, right? And we are presuming that her motive in "giving him" to others was to get him away from Dad, right? Are you all thinking this was a "I want to end my pain but I want you to suffer forever by never knowing where your son is" type of thing? Or a "I want to protect my son and myself from every having to be around you again" type of thing? I can't get my head around whether she was vindictive, desperate, or crazy. Knowing that would help us understand to whom she might have given him.

2. Did they check the security cameras at Kalahari so they know for sure nobody else entered that room? The manner of death (cut wrists), note, and previous 3 days of shopping/one last big hurrah make me feel like it really was suicide. But I would love video camera verification. Do we have that?

For #1, a quote from the link below: "Amy's depression flared up, and she threatened divorce. Amy's biggest fear, according to her family and friends, was that a judge would take her son away because of her mental health issues." I think she wanted to divorce her husband but feared she was going to lose her son, so she found someone who she trusted to take him, yet he somehow he ended up in the wrong hands. (MOO there.)

For #2, they left the Kalahari Friday morning. That was the last time Timmothy was seen on video. Amy was later at a grocery store on camera without him and then checked into the Rockford Inn without him. This is where she died. Her hotel room there was locked from the inside and the maids found her there Saturday morning.

After mother's suicide, where is Timmothy Pitzen? - CNN

Two questions:

From a previous post byWantingToHelp regarding the Taken episode he was featured on:

“*Both dad and grandmother think she gave Timmothy to a ‘Radical Mormon’ (I think thats the phrase they used) because of Dad not wanting to join church.”

That’s what family believed, in 2014, her intentions were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413