Found Deceased IL - Vanessa Ceja Ramirez, 22, murdered, Midlothian, 2 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish there was some kind of update on this case. I would love to know the current theory that investigators have of exactly how this murder occurred.
Thank you for bringing Vanessa's case to the forefront again. I wonder if the investigation is even on CCSO's radar anymore :(

What about the cell phone ping at the apartment complex? Was that just a tower location thing?

Last edited:
Thank you for bringing Vanessa's case to the forefront again. I wonder if the investigation is even on CCSO's radar anymore :(

What about the cell phone ping at the apartment complex? Was that just a tower location thing?

Articles at the time of her murder described it as her cell phone's "last ping":

"Police were called, and helicopters and dogs were dispatched to the 2-square-mile, triangle-shaped wooded area. They picked up Ceja Ramirez's scent at 151st and Pulaski and then her cellphone's last ping, which led investigators to an apartment building 2 miles away in Oak Forest. A police canvass found nothing."

From: Harvey woman who disappeared on walk in Midlothian forest preserve was strangled, autopsy finds

This apartment complex referred to above was the Manchester Court Apartments in Oak Forest.

A year after her murder, her family gathered at a vigil and the reporting on this gathering revealed new information, that her phone's location data had a really yielded two locations: the Jack Hille Middle School and the Manchester Court Apartments prior to her body being found:

"A massive police search tracked her cell to two different locations in nearby Oak Forest, an apartment complex and a school, but she wasn’t there."

From: Family of Murdered 22-Year-Old Speaks Out a Year After Her Death

(It is just called "a school" in the article, but the accompanying video from the news station showed its actual name.)

Struggled to find any kind of updates - sadly, but here is something LourdanArts did on Vanessa's case back in May last year. John does a good job and I appreciate the attention he brings to cases that get very little from MSM. Very compassionate person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back