GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was only 40 lbs...at 7 years old? I missed that somehow...does that seem odd to anyone else but me? My seven year old daughter was more like 60 pounds...I guess there can be ranges...I'll google it though because that seems awfully thin...

She always looked happy in her pics, and never had that look that we see so often on children who have been neglected or abused so I never went down that path with this case.

As petite as Willow was, I'm not surprised that she only weighed 40 lbs. My granddaughter at 7 also weighed 40 to 42 lbs when she was 7 and she is very petite too. Built like little tiny fairies!

I watched the press conference. It's a good thing Justin confessed because those cops looked clueless. They didn't look like they even considered the original lie. State attorney says someone has to know they are lying to lie. What the hell does that mean? Officer basically says that it doesn't matter about mom lying, the point was to find Willow. Well, it made finding her a bit more difficult with a complete farce being told from the beginning. Lets pose this scenario only to consider that it could be a big deal. What if mom found a guy who liked her son but not her daughter. Mom knows her brother is a loose cannon and tells him that she is going out for the night and he can do anything he wants with her, as long as she is dead when she gets back. He gets caught and figures he can take all the blame and not implicate another person if he can take the wrap. I mean damn, why the hell did she not just lie, but made up an intricate story that put LE in a completly wrong place?

In purple???? I'm jealous... :)

Yeah, their marketing worked on me. (It's a compact 9mm that came in a limited edition "Lilac" purple grip...clearly marketed to women. I'm fine with that, the old gun coots on YouTube gave it good reviews. (I'm frequently alone in an apartment in a city with a less than favorable crime profile, and I'm a cat person.))

As petite as Willow was, I'm not surprised that she only weighed 40 lbs. My granddaughter at 7 also weighed 40 to 42 lbs when she was 7 and she is very petite too. Built like little tiny fairies!

My granddaughter is also 7 and somewhere around 45 lbs. She is tall. As a matter of fact, she has two cousins, one two months older and one two months younger, both boys. She is a good inch or two taller and way leaner. But all of them are probably in the 40 to 50 lb range at 7.

RIP Willow.

Kelly

Re: the purple shirt. My theory is that was what willow was wearing when mom left to go out sat night. Kids in pjs, ready for movie--and then bed, moms going out (which is totally acceptable), uncle is babysitting (which I'm sure he has done before)...then after movie/bedtime is when hell broke loose. I'm guessing this occurred after the brother was in bed. Mom coming home after midnight is vague. Our bars close at 2am....
Moo.....

ETA: just saw link about possible 3rd crime scene...so I guess I was way off...

Me too. We hadn't been together long when he bought me a shotgun. Ahhhh.....love. lol.

LOL I was raised a country girl so I kind of went from shotguns and rifles to handguns.

Come to think of it, we have weapons strategically placed all around the house.

Nope, hot pink Taurus .380 (in order to keep your hubby from "claiming' your weapon, you buy pink or purple ;)

Ahh, Ruger makes a similar .380 in pink, but yours is a nicer shade. The Ruger is a little on the pepto-bismol side.

(Sorry for o/t guys.)

Sorry, I know there was speculation earlier about stairs/basement, but I missed the significance? Meaning, why is the two-story crime scene significant?

In my experience,
Kids from 3-7 years do not grow/gain weight much.
Typically 3-5 lbs a year.
They tend to get a little taller and trim up compared to when they were younger.
While she may be in the 5th percentile, she doesn't look unwell in any of the pictures I have seen. IMO
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

My daughter is 10 yrs old and has never been on the charts and she is 50lbs. She was probably less than 38lbs at the same age as willow because she was a very active child who never stopped moving. Looking at the picture of her I believe the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am new posting but have been following several cases. Thank you guys for all that you do! IMO he thought of the story to cover his bases and get "all ducks in a row" before they found that poor sweet baby! I am behind in reading, almost caught up!

Re: the purple shirt. My theory is that was what willow was wearing when mom left to go out sat night. Kids in pjs, ready for movie--and then bed, moms going out (which is totally acceptable), uncle is babysitting (which I'm sure he has done before)...then after movie/bedtime is when he'll broke loose. I'm guessing this occurred after the brother was in bed. Mom coming home after midnight is vague. Our bars close at 2am....
Moo.....

And that's another thing. If all of this went down around 11pm, that is awfully late for a 7 and 3 year old to be up and about. Usually 10 is 'late' night for them. I also agree this is what she was wearing before mom left the evening before. If I had the opportunity to go out with a girlfriend or a date, I always got the kids ready for bed before I left.

I don't think Willow was awake when things started. Her wounds are all in the neck, heart, clavical area. Her defense wounds on the forearms I believe the report said. He is 6'6. There is no way with her standing he wouldn't have stabbed her head multiple times. It fits better she was laying down.

IMHO

Kelly

I just don't understand why she would think DCBS would be called in, if she left her children with a competent babysitter. That's what has me puzzled. I think most people leave their children with babysitters from time-to-time and that isn't considered child abuse or neglect, unless that babysitter has a "history."

Probably the lying afterwards. Those lies were doozies. :twocents:

Toothlessfairy :angel:

All of your posts touch me....:heartbeat:

:greetings:

I'm a single mom in the middle of nowhere. I'm packin' lol

I'm single and live on my own in the city. I might think differently if I had children. I dunno, I think I would be more scared of the weapon. Like what if I pick it up in my sleep.

Yes, back to Willow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member