Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the video is edited. I read it somewhere that she talked for 3-5 minutes before getting in the car. That's quite suspicious.

Hi Heather,

Do you have a link for the statement about 3-5 minutes of video? Or do you recall where you read that? Was it on the Find Yingying FB page?

We need a link for that kind of information in order for it to remain on the thread.

Thanks!

Another thing, Yingying said on her social media that she was doing some part-time job, translating I think? Maybe someone tricked her and told her he could offer her a high salary job, but it's unlikely. No one takes jobs from a stranger, right?

We need a link for this as well.

Since Yingying is the victim, it is fine to post links to any social media accounts she has, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc., as long as the accounts are not private.

I feel so bad for her family and loved ones. I'm sure her father is speaking from emotion. I'm certain I'd say the same in his shoes...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...dent-was-abducted_us_59483d16e4b07499199df775

Concern for Zhang’s safety was heightened when “other young women” recently reported the driver of a black vehicle had tried to lure them into it, police said.

Zhang’s father said he will not leave until his daughter is found.

“When my daughter is found, I will never let her go back to the U.S.,” he told the Beijing Youth Daily.

I've said I think it was unlikely, and that I was just thinking out loud<modsnip>

I know people personally who have been harassed and faced pipe bombings for their research, though. Do I think her research was the reason for this abduction? No. I said I don't think so, but I was just throwing it out there. <modsnip>

FWIW I didn't find the angle absurd at all. I'm sure investigators will consider and talk about things like this too.

https://www.facebook.com/UIpolice/posts/10155435089556060

The Zhang family has shared these additional photos of Yingying in hopes that they will be shared far and wide. What a beautiful young woman.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 230
Normally we don't link funding pages but is it possible to link the ******** page since YingYing isn't a US citizen that's been abducted here in America, her family is here to help search for her but their funds are incredibly limited?

I'll alert my post...

Hi Heather,

Do you have a link for the statement about 3-5 minutes of video? Or do you recall where you read that? Was it on the Find Yingying FB page?

We need a link for that kind of information in order for it to remain on the thread.

Thanks!

I'll try to find it, but as I recall it was from a Chinese website. If I can only find the news in Chinese, would that help?

We need a link for this as well.

Since Yingying is the victim, it is fine to post links to any social media accounts she has, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc., as long as the accounts are not private.

If anyone of the authority can read Chinese, tell them to search "&#23601;&#31895;&#33151;&#32043;&#29976;&#34013;&#21679;" on Sina Weibo. That's her account. Unfortunately there's no auto translation.​

I'll try to find it, but as I recall it was from a Chinese website. If I can only find the news in Chinese, would that help?

Yes, it would. Do you read Chinese? I don't want to make any assumptions. If you read Chinese and can give us the link, that would be fine. Thank you.

Yes, it would. Do you read Chinese? I don't want to make any assumptions. If you read Chinese and can give us the link, that would be fine. Thank you.

Yes I do. I'm a Chinese citizen. I can help with it if you need me.

mixed race is possible, which explains the light skin color and the possibility that he knows some Chinese.
I think it would be wise to consider anyone with white skin. I've seen Hispanics referred to as white skinned bc some are. Unless we hear caucasion, chinese, japanese or mixed whatever I wouldn't rule out a particular ethnic group at all. Of course African American would not fit the bill. "White male" is pretty broad in the world of ethnicity. MOO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeatherLiu, would it help if you put the link into google translate and then submit the new link from that? If it's from an unprotected news site, it should translate the site for all of us that don't speak or understand the language. It the site is password protected, then it may not translate though.

HeatherLiu, would it help if you put the link into google translate and then submit the new link from that? If it's from an unprotected news site, it should translate the site for all of us that don't speak or understand the language. It the site is password protected, then it may not translate though.

Sorry, I tried but Google said the URL is invalid. Maybe because it's password protected? Or it's a foreign site.

OK guys, I can't use google translate, but Weibo has the "Weibo international" app, where you can auto translate like instagram does. I'll try to upload some pics from her Weibo account.

attachment.php

This is all auto translated. All I did was collaged the two screenshots together.

A few explanations here:

1. auto translations sometimes don't make sense, I know.
2. "knife" here is the Chinese slang of "dollars". (because of Chinese pronunciation)
3. She meant that she did some extra translation work when she was not doing field work. She felt like her money ran out like water. She baked some garlic bread but it burnt.

Attachments

• 0625_1.jpg
    0625_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics