Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have an arrest soon. I think they have a suspect and are collecting evidence while trying to locate her. I imagine they are looking at many, many video cameras to get footage of where the vehicle came from and where it went. That and phone data should help.

I think we will have an arrest soon. I think they have a suspect and are collecting evidence while trying to locate her. I imagine they are looking at many, many video cameras to get footage of where the vehicle came from and where it went. That and phone data should help.

I hope you're right.

jmo

Police Talking to Drivers with Same Make and Model as Yingying's Alleged Kidnapper

The Chinese Students Scholars Association said they meet at the Turner Hall every day to discuss the day's plan to find Zhang.
They divide volunteers into groups and from there they search different neighborhoods in town.

"We set up different accounts, Facebook pages, Twitter pages," Huang said. "We chat in China and we try to spread the message both online and offline."

Police said they have used vehicle records to identify a list of people who drive the same make and model car and are in the process of speaking to those drivers. The FBI has posted digital billboards throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana.

That's just one vehicle being used. UIPD has also been active on social media, passing along information about the case and asking the public to be vigilant. That has led to an increase in calls and tips to the department, Wade said.

"I haven't counted, but on this case, we've received literally hundreds of tips. Each one is going to our detectives, and they're sorting through those," Wade said. "We've gotten so many that we have to prioritize which one is going to be more likely to be valuable information. We follow up on those first, but we do look at everything, and we're continuing to follow up on those."

On Thursday evening, the UI International Student and Scholar Services Department hosted a forum for international students along with members of the UIPD to discuss the case and answer any questions foreign-born students might have about the case and their own safety. More than 100 attended.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ents-helping-search-missing-countrywoman.html

About 500 other Chinese students have been communicating in a forum on Chinese social media site WeChat, sharing information and some have taken to the community to post fliers, in addition to those produced and posted by UI police and the FBI.

This case has received media attention in China, with some outlets there contacting UI students to get their thoughts. A Chinese television station sent a crew to the UI campus earlier in the week to interview students.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ents-helping-search-missing-countrywoman.html

HELP FIND YINGYING Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/findingyingying/

19149209_465587743790827_994629668837882874_n.jpg

U Of I Student Kidnapped, FBI Says

Federal authorities are posting alerts all over social media as U of I police ask people to be vigilant around campus.

U of I police say they’ve investigated a separate report of a person in black car posing as an undercover police officer and trying to lure women. They cannot say if that is connected to her disappearance.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/06/17/u-of-i-student-kidnapped-fbi-says/
ddd78bcdb8e3c760cf23a30ed08a96c6.jpg

[video=twitter;876126662043328513]https://twitter.com/UIPD/status/876126662043328513[/video]

U Of I Student Kidnapped, FBI Says

The Chinese consulate in Chicago and the U.S. embassy in China are also working on this case. A [redacted] page has been set up to help pay the expenses of Zhang’s family during the search here. Her father, aunt and boyfriend arrived in Chicago Saturday.

Case leaders say they’re using high-tech resources to find out more about the black Saturn Astra cameras showed 26-year-old scholar Yingying Zhang getting into.

The car drove off at about 2 p.m. on June 9 from the U of I campus.

Image-enhancement technology from the FBI has allowed them to examine video of her disappearance at a closer level.

http://www.wandtv.com/story/35681799/police-share-progress-in-missing-scholar-search

I still believe that the girl was under control in a few seconds after she got into the car.

1. looking at the footage carefully, 47", she opened the door and got in, frame by frame, you can see a white area which I think it's her face, and background is black which is seat
attachment.php

2. at 48", there was one guy rode a bicycle, and there was one while car approaching from behind.
3. when bicycle was close to stop sign and after stop sign, the white spot (her face) was gradually gone, it changed to black color.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

4. at 52", perp started moving car, by that time, I believe she was already on the floor of passenger side
5. at 1:00, we can't see her on passenger seat, and the perp was looking down.
attachment.php

6. so I believe that perp knocked her out between 47" to 52", and he had plan on how to knock people out quickly, probably he got some kind of training or he is not first time to do this.
7. driving from that bus station to one north only takes about 3 minutes(by google map), to control an adult while driving is impossibe, specially on a two-lane road like that with traffic. I think perp knows that.
8. to convince a chinese girl to get into his car is not easy, I think he is clean, well trimmed, short hair by picture, smiling and convincing facial, no any visible tatoo, fit, and a normal person by first impression.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 637
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 785
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 776
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 783
  • v2-40c8657f72063519755793a0611160f6_b.jpg
    v2-40c8657f72063519755793a0611160f6_b.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 665
I wonder if anything can be done technology wise to get the Liscense plate number.

A surveillance video from the University of Illinois B-4 parking garage facility, just east of the Beckman Institute shows Yingying Zhang entering a black Saturn Astra on the east side of Goodwin Avenue in Urbana near the intersection of Clark Street and Goodwin Avenue. The camera is facing southbound and the black Saturn Astra is positioned northbound before, during and after the initial encounter with Yingying Zhang, who is seated in the front passenger seat as the black Saturn Astra passes the camera northbound on Goodwin Avenue.

The B-4 parking garage is at the far northeast corner of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus. A camera from the B-22 parking garage across the street also captured an image of the suspect’s vehicle — showing the right side of the vehicle.

http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/20...may-have-been-kidnapped-at-clark-and-goodwin/

I wonder if anything can be done technology wise to get the Liscense plate number.

I'm sure the FBI has used their skills to enhance the plate enough to read some of the plate, if not all. My concern is that this was carried out swiftly and efficiently (not to mention in broad daylight). That leads me to believe this is possibly part of a larger crime operation than just the driver. There may have been fake plates on the car and she may have been handed off to others shortly after the kidnapping. My gut instinct tells me human trafficking, but I hope I'm wrong. It just seems to be carefully orchestrated.

I saw TWO electronic billboards with her info in Indiana today. One on I-65 between Lebanon and Zionsville and the other on I-465 in Indianapolis on the north side

"I think this is a very tragic event. The Chinese community here and community members are working very hard to try and find her, doing everything we can to help," said Volunteer Organizer Chuck Guo.

But it's the fact this took place on the campus of the University of Illinois that has people worried.

"I think it's a horrible thing that it happened in a college town, that people and parents and children in the university are expecting our children to be safe, and events like that really hurt people's feelings regarding our university," Guo said.

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/FB...-missing-U-of-Illinois-student-429127733.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes