Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anyone knows what her research was about- I've seen things like crop productivity and photosynthesis mentioned, but does anyone know any more detail than that? Is there any reason that her academic pursuits could have endangered her? I think this is very unlikely, of course, but just curious. I'm not trying to sound like a crazy conspirator so my apologies if it comes off that way.

I have no answer to your question, just want to say thinking out of the box is a good thing. You never know the back story of an abduction until it's all revealed.

You bring up a good point here. Others claimed someone impersonating LE and in a black car was approaching them on or near the campus. If there is a possibility this person and Yingying's abductor are one and the same, why haven't we seen a sketch from LE? I don't remember hearing about description of that person, let alone a sketch. Does LE not believe they are connected and already thrown out that theory?

That report was made by a single individual and from what I read investigators are unable to determine if it is connected or not. Also, sketches can be notoriously inaccurate, if you're relying on a single witness.

Curious. The big building with the many windows behind where Yingying waits near tree. What building is this? Is it like an office? So many windows nobody sort of look outside and see something?

In the series of three stills, I have this awful feeling that we are seeing the driver grab her hair/back of her head and pulling her down to his lap to possibly hide her from sight. The image where we can see his hand on the wheel, it looks as if his right elbow is being held high, as if over her torso.

attachment.php

Still not sure how he could drive easily like this if she was fighting back/conscious, but it would explain how quickly she seems to disappear from view.

Hoping for a safe return <3

Attachments

• saturn.jpg
    saturn.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 307
An Astra? Wouldn't you think if he is from the area that someone has seen the car before or knows someone who has this car? LE should be able to find this guy soon.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

An Astra? Wouldn't you think if he is from the area that someone has seen the car before or knows someone who has this car? LE should be able to find this guy soon.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I can see it now. There will be an arrest and someone will say they thought they recognized the car but said there was no way they thought that person could have done it.

FBI: Search for Visiting Chinese Scholar Is Agency Priority

The FBI says the search for a visiting Chinese scholar missing from the University of Illinois is a national priority for the agency.

Jon Holloway, assistant special agent in charge of criminal investigation at the Springfield FBI office, discussed the FBI's efforts Thursday night at a campus meeting about 26-year-old Yingying Zhang's disappearance.

Holloway says updates are being regularly sent to the office of the FBI's acting director and U.S. field offices.

snipped for space and focus

imo the most likely explanation is that she stood under the tree for shade. It was a hot day.

Next to or under, she is on the side of the tree away from the direction the car was heading. That was my only point, that it doesn't appear she was standing so a driver could see her and it doesn't appear a driver would see her until in front of her. So where does that leave us? He had been following her and knew she was standing there? He was driving along and at the last minute spotted a lone female?

Next to or under, she is on the side of the tree away from the direction the car was heading. That was my only point, that it doesn't appear she was standing so a driver could see her and it doesn't appear a driver would see her until in front of her. So where does that leave us? He had been following her and knew she was standing there? He was driving along and at the last minute spotted a lone female?
He pulls up deliberately at the corner, as if it was his destination.

YZ walks right up to the car as if she knows the driver but she doesn't get in, as if there were no plans to ride with him.

ETA: referring back to the video

'A lot of people care about Yingying a lot': Chinese student group giving its all

"She came from a small city in southern China, and she worked her way into one of the best universities in China," he said. "Now she is doing her research at the University of Illinois. She is dedicated to her work and she is kind to people around her."

"A lot of people care about Yingying a lot," he said. "They are frustrated and would like to do more."

Ping said group members have been spreading the word on social media, joined efforts to search for her and worked closely with UI police and the Chinese consulate in Chicago.

"The search for Yingying requires solidarity and wisdom from the whole community," Ping said. "If we want to make it closer for Yingying to come home, I strongly believe we need to do it together."

I don't have a link handy but it has been stated in many of the links/articles shared throughout this thread that the person in the Astra circled the area once where Yingying was standing before stopping.

I don't have a link handy but it has been stated in many of the links/articles shared throughout this thread that the person in the Astra circled the area once where Yingying was standing before stopping.

Thank you very much. That's what I get for coming in late to the thread :facepalm:

This is what CNN reported. They did not say the driver circled the area while YZ was present:

Zhang can be seen standing by a tree as a black Saturn Astra pulls up next to her. She has a brief conversation with the driver before entering the vehicle. University police said Zhang had gotten off a bus before the four-door hatchback approached her. Other surveillance video shows the car circling the area before stopping near Zhang.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...olar-disappearance-kidnapping-trnd/index.html

'A lot of people care about Yingying a lot': Chinese student group giving its all

"She came from a small city in southern China, and she worked her way into one of the best universities in China," he said. "Now she is doing her research at the University of Illinois. She is dedicated to her work and she is kind to people around her."

"A lot of people care about Yingying a lot," he said. "They are frustrated and would like to do more."

Ping said group members have been spreading the word on social media, joined efforts to search for her and worked closely with UI police and the Chinese consulate in Chicago.

"The search for Yingying requires solidarity and wisdom from the whole community," Ping said. "If we want to make it closer for Yingying to come home, I strongly believe we need to do it together."

My compassion for this family is huge. I can not imagine how much worse it has to be to have a loved one missing in another country.
I went to the fund page set up and it was a wonderful generous amount.

Everyone is doing fantastic sleuthing, I'm always impressed with the skills you have and the shared contribution of critical thinking.
This case is really bothersome on so many levels. I have felt that she could still be alive and held captive but time is taking its toll here.
This happened in broad daylight with cameras all over!
The car is a rare model and should be able to be narrowed down!
A prior report of impersonation!
My goodness get this lovely girl home to her family!

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member