Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense must have shot the entire justice system's budget to pluto throughout this trial.
Yet, their star witness, BC's father gets to stay in a camp-site.
Wow!
This will impress the jury?
Appalling outrageous and blatant manipulation.
Does not cost much to put somebody up in a motel..

Bummer. I posted for others bc your original link took me to the info page about EU not allowing it. Do you want to know anything from it? I can find out for you. Or see pic of BC dad?
just have a scan to see if there is any info not mentioned already, I think Ben probably covered most of it though, or if you think there is anything noteworthy in it- copy paste the relevant paragraphs if the mood takes you... I can see his photo on Twitter but some people cannot do twitter and I cannot screenshoot!
Thanks for that Analisa. Appreciated.

just have a scan to see if there is any info not mentioned already, I think Ben probably covered most of it though, or if you think there is anything noteworthy in it- copy paste the relevant paragraphs if the mood takes you... I can see his photo on Twitter but some people cannot do twitter and I cannot screenshoot!
Thanks for that Analisa. Appreciated.

"Michael Christensen said that when Brendt was 15 he once jumped 12 feet off a deck, threw himself down some stairs and ran into the street into an oncoming car.

“He didn’t know why, but he knew he was trying to kill himself,” Michael Christensen said.

The night terrors Brendt experienced as a child persisted into adulthood, Michael said."

"Michael Christensen said that when Brendt was 15 he once jumped 12 feet off a deck, threw himself down some stairs and ran into the street into an oncoming car.

“He didn’t know why, but he knew he was trying to kill himself,” Michael Christensen said.

The night terrors Brendt experienced as a child persisted into adulthood, Michael said."
bc was home sick at the time... if feverish , it is not unusual to do crazy things...
they did not mention that fact in court today in any reports, that he was home sick at the time...

I cannot even imagine what his first grade teacher has to say about the gifted child...as if
His grandfather pushed his dad's face in a cake once...as if
his uncle lost track of his own kid for a few hours once...as if
Calling BS to all of it, even the material unseen as yet...

here comes mental health which cannot stand up to govt scrutiny for some strange reason

His mom's brother, Robert Lahmann, testified about some of the mental health issues on his side of the family.

Said his grandpa shot himself at 73, his father stopped eating at 92 and was depressed. (2
(I'm not making this up)

His father was a painter, didn't sell much, had his kids pose for paintings. The uncle said he once posed for a painting where he was on a cross with arrows in him. (3/17)(quite a circus, eh?)

Said Christensen was "very polite. A nice young man. Very quiet." (4

Called his crime "awful, heartbreaking." "I can't reconcile it. For that to occur, there had to have been something that was wrong." (5

Said a death sentence would devastate Brendt's mother. "It would just destroy her. She's not a strong person." (6

Christensen's third and fourth grade teacher, Jeanette Handrich, testified. (7

Had pictures of Christensen in a scrapbook she made in 2011. (8 (treacle)

He loved math, she said, and was a good reader. Asked good questions, loved to play outside. He was "a person that if you gave him an idea, he would run with hit and put his heart into it." (9/

Her reaction to Christensen's crime: "disbelief." "The young man I knew was brought up well, had his head on straight. He had passion." "I just couldn't understand what had happened." (10/

"I wish

I could give him a hug," she said while crying. (11 (go right ahead sister, go right ahead, there's a pair of you in it!!!)

Then his mother's best friend, Deborah Mitchell, testified. Her son, Tom, was born on the same day as Christensen, and they were childhood friends. (12/( quickly followed by the milkman, the postman and santa claus , no doubt!!!)

"He was a good kid. He did everything he was asked to and didn't cause any problems," she said. (13

Said she noticed Christensen's mom struggle with alcohol after her third child, tried to get her help. (14

Showed FB messages between Mitchell and Christensen, of her reminding him to call his mom on Mother's Day. (15/

Said she loved Christensen like her own children. (16

That doesn't go away," she said. "I love the boy that he was. That doesn't stop." (17/17) (nostalgia)

FFS

All of above courtesy of BZ.. a great journalist but I'll have nightmares tonight

Not sure how I feel about this family stuff. If BC had mental health issues way back when, I wonder if he ever had treatment. If not why not, he was still a juvenile after all.

I don't feel myself believing all this family stuff for some reason.

Not sure how I feel about this family stuff. If BC had mental health issues way back when, I wonder if he ever had treatment. If not why not, he was still a juvenile after all.

I don't feel myself believing all this family stuff for some reason.

I can believe it all, but lo-and-behold, with all their troubles not a single one of them (as far as we know) ever kidnapped and brutally murdered another human being.
No matter how many causative agents one can find for another human being’s wretched, egregious behavior, in the end, once you cross a certain threshold, adults who know right from wrong have to take responsibility for their own actions, and suffer the consequences. (JMO)

The defense must have shot the entire justice system's budget to pluto throughout this trial.
Yet, their star witness, BC's father gets to stay in a camp-site.
Wow!
This will impress the jury?
Appalling outrageous and blatant manipulation.
Does not cost much to put somebody up in a motel..
I don’t know. This is a pull yourself up by the bootstraps community in the Midwest. If anything, I think they may view BC as having really almost done that, having once been gifted and in the PhD program, and think he really squandered his chance to live a life different from what his dad’s apparently is. Hope so, anyway.

ben, 20, no less

On cross examination, Christensen's father, Michael Christensen, was asked about his son calling the case political in a recorded jail call. (1/20)

"If he didn't, I probably did" say that, he said. Prosecutor James Nelson asked if he thinks the case is political. "Not completely," he said. (2/

Said he initially believed his son could be innocent, as not all the evidence was out (3/20)

A few days after Christensen was arrested, he apparently told Christensen that if he was exonerated he would tell Ms. Zhang's father he should be ashamed of himself. (4/20)

hristensen's dad said he was frustrated that everyone assumed he was guilty after he was arrested, when he could imagine situations where he wasn't. (5/2

On re-direct, he said he had to repair his 2001 minivan to get to the trial from the Upper Peninsula, and will probably have to do some work on it before heading back up. (6/20)

After his testimony, Christensen's uncle, Mark Christensen, testified. (7/2

He also testified about Christensen's grandfather, who built roads in Alaska and would be gone during the summers. (8

aid Christensen's grandpa was an alcoholic, as was he. (9

he grandpa once slammed the dad's face into a cake because he wouldn't stop asking about it. (10

Said the uncle wasn't good at showing affection. (11/

After a major earthquake/tsunami, the family moved back to Minnesota (12/

The uncle said he quit drinking 36 years ago after he woke up in a jail cell for assaulting a cop. (13/

Said his son is also an alcoholic, as well as his aunt, and two of his grandsons. Another aunt was schizophrenic, and he said he had been suicidal, as well as his son, who was once missing for 5-6 hours. (14/

He described being worried his son had killed himself and was relieved when he was found at a detox center. (15/2

On cross, Assistant US Attorney Eugene Miller asked if its fair to say it's fairly distressing to look for your child for 5-6 hours when you don't know where they are. "Yes, it is," Christensen's uncle answered. (16/2
Describing Brendt Christensen, his uncle called him a "happy go-lucky kid. … just a real nice kid." (17/2

Asked what he thought of his crime: "It's horrendous. It's a travesty. I have no idea. I feel terrible for her family." (18/

sked if he can reconcile the child he knew with his crime: "Never. It's unimaginable. It's not Brendt. I don't know what happened." (19

Now on lunch. This afternoon, sounds like a couple childhood friends will testify, his first grade teacher, a relative on his mom's side and his mom's friend. (20

(Gawd help us all, first grade teacher!!!!!!)
I think this is ridiculous. He didn't kill her because he was an alcoholic or depressed but because he wanted to copy the fantasy of American Physcho. The father is getting upset yet couldn't drive 8 hours to see his son in 3 years? The uncle hasn't seen him for about 20 years. BC is crying for himself but none of them seem to care about Ying Ying and how far her family have had to travel without even seeing her body because of BC. I hope the jury see how one sided and selfish their sorrow is. Was it some sort of attention seeking by him? It has been mentioned that maybe he resented being left on his own for the weekend and I can see that now.

they lost me when the grandfather stopped eating at 94!

Ditto. Basically all this amounts to stating is “his grandfather went through the process of death.” Yeah, as do pretty much all people who die of chronic illness/old age related issues, rather than those brutally murdered . What a bizarre thing to say.

Ditto. Basically all this amounts to stating is “his grandfather went through the process of death.” Yeah, as do pretty much all people who die of chronic illness/old age related issues, rather than those brutally murdered . What a bizarre thing to say.
They have been given far too much leeway here, throughout this entire trial and lead-up. Defense must be desperate to prove their competence and they are failing miserably.
Dredging up old neighbors who haven't seen him since he was a toddler.
What are they proving here?
That he was not born with a decapitating knife in his claws?
It is a massive insult to YY, her family and the entire justice system.
They got nothing, absolutely nothing.
I'm Irish nad 3rd generational alcoholism is no new thing in my country, it may lead to problems but rarely psychotic-like behaviour at this level.
Many children are utterly heedless of their parents' drinking.
They're fed, found and educated and they do fine.
It's an umbrella defense which proves nothing.
On the one hand they are saying he came from a great family, while at the same time saying they were highly dysfunctional because they liked to imbibe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm