Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, across de courtroom:

Michael Tarm

@mtarm

·
3m

#Christensen shut his eyes in visible relief and as the judge read a jury form saying jurors couldn’t agree,automatically imposing a life sentence rather than death for killing #YingyingZhang.He hugged his lawyers and looked back smiling at his mom, who told him, “I love you.”

I don't want to hear a single syllable of him.
AP Michael Tarm
After learning his life would be spared, #Christensen will be formally sentenced at 4 pm today. He will get life. But there is a chance he could make a statement, possibly addressing #YingyingZhang’s parents. I’ll have more details later.

(this is speculative, I sincerely hope he does not)

Very disappointed to say the least. Not going to be good fir YYs mum going home with nothing, to nothing. She has a loving husband and son but they can't give her the dreams she had for YY, in her beautiful wedding dress and then later a grandchild. Her life is over as far as she is concerned p, she won't be a grandma, not to a child from YY. I've got the title of grandma and it makes me feel so blessed, I know what she is going to miss.

As far as I know, there is no reason prosecutors cant appeal a decision against them. They usually dont, but I have heard of it happening before. They cant appeal the jury's decision, per the actual sentence, but they can appeal on a host of reasons involving the jury instructions, allowance of a mitigating factor(s) into consideration, allowing individual juror(s) on the jury... or alleged juror misconduct or failure to properly follow the instructions.
So if they choose LWOP he can appeal on the grounds you state to try to get LWP for example? What is the benefit of an appeal if he can't change the sentence, though?

Very disappointed to say the least. Not going to be good fir YYs mum going home with nothing, to nothing. She has a loving husband and son but they can't give her the dreams she had for YY, in her beautiful wedding dress and then later a grandchild. Her life is over as far as she is concerned p, she won't be a grandma, not to a child from YY. I've got the title of grandma and it makes me feel so blessed, I know what she is going to miss.

It was a 10 for death and 2 for lWOP and judge didn't insist they debated further...
Appalling fiasco from start to finish.

That could be true but it doesn't sound right. If 10 were for death (including the foreman) I think they would've stayed deliberating longer. Eades also just reported on TV that the jury found additional mitigating factors apart from the 60+ the defense presented. It sounds more like it was the other way around. We will find out for sure shortly.

It was a 10 for death and 2 for lWOP and judge didn't insist they debated further...

That could be true but it doesn't sound right. If 10 were for death (including the foreman) I think they would've stayed deliberating longer. Eades also just reported on TV that the jury found additional mitigating factors apart from the 60+ the defense presented. It sounds more like it was the other way around. We will find out for sure shortly.
Well, am not making it up, any of it, if I had been YY would have been found and BC tortured.
BREAKING: In an exclusive interview with an alternate juror, I was just told the jury was split 10/2. 10 for death. 2 for life. His reaction tonight on
@wics_abc20
@
Jacqueline Francis (@FrancisonFoxIL) | Twitter

jeez
BREAKING: In an exclusive interview with an alternate juror, I was just told the jury was split 10/2. 10 for death. 2 for life. His reaction tonight on
@fox
Judge should have sent them back in for another few hours deliberation. Can the prosecution side appeal?

What a bunch of tripe. I don't want to see his smirking face ever again. Good thing is we hopefully won't have to as I can't see there will be any appeals from him should there?

Last edited:
Judge should have sent them back in for another few hours deliberation. Can the prosecution side appeal?
I think he should have too when it was this close.
But, then again, I think he should have totally disallowed any and all psych testimony, he broke the court imposed ruling on that and he allowed practically everything.
Impeach him too.

Could the Judge have insisted they debate further? I honestly expected a big strong case, FBI and all. I expected a very strong Prosecution too. I still feel that Defence had the run by pushing their motions of not to say this, that and the other. Treating BC with kid gloves gave a weaker case IMO.

Could the Judge have insisted they debate further? I honestly expected a big strong case, FBI and all. I expected a very strong Prosecution too. I still feel that Defence had the run by pushing their motions of not to say this, that and the other. Treating BC with kid gloves gave a weaker case IMO.
#MISTRIAL

Aaron Eades
@WCIA3Eades
·
1m
Christensen sentenced to life plus five years (for lying to the FBI) and $250,000 for each count. He's declines to say anything for himself ("No, thank you") and is emotionless while the judge reads his sentence
@WCIA3

Don't have the link, but according to Zigterman, the jury found *additional* mitigating factors not presented by the defense.

I hope some jurors talk. My guess is that this jury will prove the adage that there is a sucker(s) born every minute -and that many of them live well past the age of 50.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153