Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:whip:
Sooo, I'm on Fetlife now, found the Abduction 101 group and am browsing the member list... There's like 3k, and apparently no way to narrow by location.

I'd like to disclose, if I may, that all the posts I've skimmed in there are clearly labeled Fantasy. This does not appear to be a place where crimes are typically planned. Our perp would be an exception.

Or it's listed as fantasy for legal reasons.

:cry:

I am so sorry Yingying, so very sorry this happened to you.

I cannot imagine the pain her family is in as my heart aches for Yingying and her family.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yingying 2.jpg
    Yingying 2.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 506
Yes that's it! Amazing! Thank you.

Thanks Cardinal47, but as many of my intuitions in this case have been wrong as have been right :(
In the referenced post I was merely surmising that this perp might have a similar profile to that of the perp in another much older case — if instead he'd turned out to be say a 54-yr.-old truck driver, that wouldn’t have surprised me too much either. And I never would’ve guessed he’d have an advanced degree in physics! Still have much to learn about this fellow -- especially whether this was a first-time fantasy he acted out, or has he attempted it several times before?

Have followed this thread for the past two days intensely, spent hours reading your theories and coming up with my own but wanted to make sure I didn't repeat what has already been posted. Suffice to say, when I woke up this morning and saw there had been an arrest I was filled with optimism and hope that Yingying was going to be found alive. However, as I began to read more into the arrest and the subsequent statements from law enforcement I was devastated to find out that this beautiful, young, brave and highly intelligent girl had been taken from us. I was a study abroad student myself, aged 24, and travelled to America all on my own from England just like Yingying. I did a lot of solo travel in the beginning and was naive but cautious; on my second day in Texas a guy in a pick up pulled over the side of the road whilst I was riding a bike and asked me if I wanted to hitch a ride. No Thankyou. That experience, though not particularly scary, has been a reminder to me about how something as innocent as riding a bike through a residential neighborhood in a quiet area could quickly turn into an unthinkable situation. The reaction of the person I was staying with when I recounted this story to her confirmed this, and she insisted on driving me everywhere after that point.

So I feel particularly close to this case as I understand what the experience was like for her, and I know that, if someone pulled up to me at 2pm in the afternoon in an area that saw buses, traffic, people passing, then I would probably have minimized the chance of being kidnapped, yes. Naive, as I said, but for some reason I expected those seedier crimes to happen at night, as this is most common in my country unless its the kidnap of a child. Nevertheless, I hope the depraved responsible does one good thing with his life and gives Yingying back to her family and native China. A crime that should have never happened.

Odd that his FB page is still up, usually that is the 1st thing cops yank , whats up with that ?

:balloons: Welcome to Websleuths million21 :balloons:

Okay, HAN....
This is the link to one of them.....very, very strange/scary/disturbing. I will try to get the other one for you.
[video=youtube;2IzR_ClTE8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IzR_ClTE8Y&list=PLmRpD7L6Alm9Z9MvAFI83ULz73OWki5e4&index=3[/video]
Baby metal is a hugely popular Japanese band. I have even heard of them. Their videos are no stranger than any other metal bands, however BC does seem very interested in Asian females by his playlists and likes. I do believe abducting an Asian woman was a prominent aspect of his abduction fantasy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is the link to the second video (actually #4 group) on his play list. Please, please accept my apologies in advance because I found some of this so freaking scary. (I am so terrible with tech stuff....but am trying) And because of his obsession with Chinese girl band, BABYMETAL could he have heard through the grapevine that Yingying was a lead singer in a girl band, at some time??
[video=youtube;GvD3CHA48pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA&list=PLmRpD7L6Alm9_RQ2adNjhdbNaENywCvzm[/video]
Japanese girl band, not Chinese btw.

Thanks Cardinal47, but as many of my intuitions in this case have been wrong as have been right :(
In the referenced post I was merely surmising that this perp might have a similar profile to that of the perp in another much older case — if instead he'd turned out to be say a 54-yr.-old truck driver, that wouldn’t have surprised me too much either. And I never would’ve guessed he’d have an advanced degree in physics! Still have much to learn about this fellow -- especially whether this was a first-time fantasy he acted out, or has he attempted it several times before?

Thank you so much. Your surmising was right on. Reading over a thousand posts I remembered reading yours. It made sense. Then the arrest and I thought that poster hit it dead center.

A 26 year old fellow student. Yingying made only one mistake. Trusting the devil to get her out of the heat and to her appointment where she was running late.

The perfect storm.

I'm on 3,020 out of 3,298 and I'm checking for Male between 25-35, Illinois, Wisconsin and "Antarctica" (where people say they are located when they don't really want to say). I landed on one or two that were interesting but the pictures didn't match. One thing to note: he could still somewhat access the group without being a member of it. I'm going to finish anyway. I'm glad we are both doing it just in case I miss any of interest so, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What if he didn't post? Just lurked?

So who was he bragging to about kid napping her and did that person turn him in? Also did she know him from school and that's why she got in the car with him? Familiarity? Sorry if these questions have been asked. Thread is flying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't have to turn him in, he was being surveiled by FBI and they recorded it.

So glad this is over. An absolute tragedy for miss zhang and her family. LE we’re onto him the entire time it seems, I think those billboards in Chicago, Indy, and STL we’re all a ploy and tying to trick him into thinking they were looking elsewhere.

Incredible work.
Yes. I got that impression as well. For a physicist he's no rocket scientist...

The FBI already has a lot of info leading up to her abduction and some information directly following. He may confess in the next days as a plea. Or maybe a family member or friend will convince him to.
He may confess simply to relive his fantasy and show how brilliant he was just like some other infamous monsters. A guy like this has a huge ego. Jmo.

I'm assuming that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And she was smaller than him and trusting of him being a fellow student. Abduction 101, step one check; step two, check.

As a foreign exchange student, I probably would have gone with him too (looks normal, parking sticker on car, maybe showed his ID).
I'm not saying he chose her specifically by name or stalking. I'm saying he has way too much interest in female Asians by his own postings and playlists, it must be considered part of his fantasy to me. Moo.

I hate to post this. It's just so grim. But I want to make sure everyone knows the obstacles facing police as they attempt to bring closure for Yingying's family.

The likelihood of finding Yingying's body in the summer time is very, very small. Consider this photo of an area just southwest of Champaign-Urbana.This is a true country road. There are hundreds of miles of this kind of rural road all over Central Illinois.

Soybean and corn fields line these roads, and the fields extend for miles in every direction. Sprinkled through the land are farmhouses. There is very little traffic along these roads. There are road commissioners whose job is to maintain these roads. Mostly, they mow a few times each summer along the sides of these roads and shovel snow (during the winter, of course). It's usually a local farmer who does this job. In many cases, he may convince the owner of the farmland to cut the grass.

Between fields, there are usually narrow grass lanes that allow farmers to navigate around the edges of the fields. These rlanes are used mainly during harvest season. Occasionally, people who live in the area will drive four-wheelers and such down the grassy lanes.

At 3 a.m., there would be nobody anywhere around these roads. A car could stop and park on the side of the road, and the driver could walk 10-20 feet through the rows and leave something. Most likely, nobody would find a body left out in the corn until after the harvest. And these crops won't come out of the field until October

It would take several days and thousands of people conducting coordinated searches of every field in a 25-mile radius to search the fields. And, as you might know from following other cases, they still might overlook Yingying's body.

My hope is that this man will confess and help police to locate her body.

If she's not in the fields, I suspect that he may have used chemicals to dispose of her. He is familiar with chemicals and, due to his work, he may have access to them and knowledge of how to use them safely.
cornfield.jpg

to be a PHD in condensed matter physics, he sure was a dum-dum to commit this crime in broad daylight and talk about it to " someone" on the internet I presume.

I think it is quite possible that Yingying knew her abductor. Since he is a graduate teaching assistant there may have been an orientation program for all the new students and some of the TA's may have been highlighted. If this kidnapper was a TA in physics, it is even possible that he would have been Yingying's instructor (a sickening thought). If this hypothetical idea is true, it makes sense that she would have trusted him and taken a ride with him. Someone up thread mentioned that this abductor was featured in a university web-page, which makes it even more likely that he could have been featured at a "meet our TA's" or other such event.

Cops must have pulled related fb pics BC I don't see any of the ones described here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487