Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But really, what kind of grown <modsnip> man watches anime?

I posted that video but that is for the backseat passengers. Yingying was in the front seat.
My 2001 caravan had child locks that included front passenger seat as does my 2017 Hyundai Tuscon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

:balloons: Welcome to Websleuths million21 :balloons:

Happy to be here! I started by following the Libby & Abby case religiously, I was sure that the amount of attention, evidence and nature of the crime would result in justice. I research the case every few days for updates (being in the UK, if there was a break it would not receive attention here), so it was all the more important to me that Yingying's case gained traction given the facts of a stranger-kidnapping. Impressed with everyone's dedication and insight when it came to this case.

I'm wondering why your posts seem to be a defense of anime in relation to the murder of Yingying. Of course because someone is into a certain fantasy does not mean there's anything wrong with it. When it crosses over into kidnapping & murder of a beautiful lady, then it becomes a case of fantasy meeting reality. Since YingYing was a cautious woman, I believe she was familiar with BC & felt safe enough to get into the car with him. This is about Yingying, not an indictment of anime.
I think it's because a poster or two said that the baby metal and other videos were creepy. Alot of people are into anime/manga and the whole realm. I do believe it is what Dr Strange love is getting at. The genre is considered art by many.

But really, what kind of grown *advertiser censored* man watches anime?
I'm a 54 year old middle class mother if 2 and I have watched anime from time to time. Princess mononke and Spirited away are 2 of my most favorite films of all time. <modsnip>

There's a recently discontinued manga claled Sukedachi 9. It's about a group of government enforcer types that dole out punishment to people like Brendt, using the same tactics the offender used.

I wish they exist in real life.

Is this how they caught him?Screen shot 2017-07-01 at 8.29.25 AM.png

FBI said it was damage to the passenger front hubcap.

Anime isn't kid cartoons. Just because something is animated doesn't mean it's for children. The head banging of that one video freaked me out because I work with people who do that in a self harm way versus an appreciation for music way, but overall I thought it looked like a little Goth girl band and was kinda cute. Anyway, this guy is creepy because he's a creep. My favorite music video has one kid flipping off another kid. That doesn't mean I'm cool with kids doing that, but it fits the narrative of the video (Black Keys "Tighten Up" in case anyone gets bored and feels like checking it out).

Anyway, where is Yingying? What did this creep do with her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I'm a 54 year old middle class mother if 2 and I have watched anime from time to time. Princess mononke and Spirited away are 2 of my most favorite films of all time. <modsnip>

My 14 and 21yld sons are very much into anime. Youngest even sucked me into watching Death Note and every episode of Naruto.

You may sleuth anyone you want on your own, but please do not post about anyone's social media except the perp's. Do not reference his family members' social media or any comments about them.

At this time, only Brendt Christensen has been arrested and charged for kidnapping Yingying. As far as we know right now, his family members are not involved in this crime.

Thank you!

My 14 and 21yld sons are very much into anime. Youngest even sucked me into watching Death Note and every episode of Naruto.
I find the animation breathtaking. So much better than the CGI films Disney now vomits out. But not meaning to derail. I do think he may have had a fantasy that included Asian women and abduction all rolled into one, I just took exception to some coments regarding just who should or should not be into anime or K-pop or baby metal etc.

Rest and comfort to YingYing's family and friends in Illinois and the US, in her homeland, and across the globe.

So tragic!

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]University of Illinois Chancellor Robert Jones said this morning in a mass mail to campus that a memorial planned for missing UI scholar Yingying Zhang has been postponed.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-01/memorial-ui-scholar-postponed.html

I hope it's a good sign, asking for this space.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Oh...first thing that makes me wonder is if they have located her body and didn't want to have the memorial service while her family was tied up with LE and making arrangements to have her returned to China :( :( :(

When I tried to figure out how it went down in daylight, I believed the abductor got on the interstate and out into a rural area. I should have considered if he was bold enough to do this in daytime he would be bold enough to take her where he lived. I just don't understand how he got her to his apartment. Was this another ruse? He told her his apartment complex was similar? He told her he <modsnip> would show her around? However it happened this guy is brazen.

My heart is broken for her and her family because she presumed dead. i hate to link this website but its very in detail.mentioning the killer/abducter had searches and was on forums for how to abduct people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cused-kidnapping-missing-Chinese-student.html

They stated there were 18 4dr Astra's in the county. That is more than I would have expected and that is still a manageable number to track down. I still can't imagine how he did this in daylight and she never left his car or ran off. This guy is a predator of the worst type.

View attachment 119252
She PANICKED early on!!!!
IMO she tried to get out of the car before he forced her into his apartment.

Yeah, I think that his story is true up to a point. I would bet that the pick-up happened exactly as he said...she looked distressed...he offered her a ride... then she panicked when she realized that they weren't going where she asked him to take her :( :( :(

When I tried to figure out how it went down in daylight, I believed the abductor got on the interstate and out into a rural area. I should have considered if he was bold enough to do this in daytime he would be bold enough to take her where he lived. I just don't understand how he got her to his apartment. Was this another ruse? He told her his apartment complex was similar? He told her he <modsnip> would show her around? However it happened this guy is brazen.

They are charging him with kidnapping if I'm remembering right? I don't think she entered the apartment under a ruse or pretense willingly or it would be false imprisonment instead. Any legal? Gitana1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member