Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound like.an idiot, but are we sure this female is actually "with" BC at the walk? Kind of looks like some ppl may be holding hands, you know, in that solidarity way? How long after the photo allegedly showing BC in the upper right corner was this photo taken? I searched the earlier crowd photo and didnt see this female anywhere. Not that she couldnt have met him there 3 minutes later, but just saying. As far as her looking unhappy, jmo but any one of us walking down the street might have that facial expression at any given split second.

If you search images of this event, you'll see him alone on the stairs, her approaching, them together on the stairs. They later walk hand in hand with the group. Within tos, I can't confirm she is "with" him, but I think a good look through various pictures will help.

I think you both are right, guy looks that could be the female's father.

This is a tangled web...a complicated relationship.
Can we refer to his POF profile? I can't recall.

If you search images of this event, you'll see him alone on the stairs, her approaching, them together on the stairs. They later walk hand in hand with the group. Within tos, I can't confirm she is "with" him, but I think a good look through various pictures will help.

Thank you...

DocBrew, I agree. We've seen stranger things on this site, haven't we?

Occam's Razor says he's our guy, but we need to let everything play out. There is always that <1% chance that he did drop her somewhere and she was picked up by someone else.

Yes, I do. Remember the "other occupant" in the criminal complaint? The one that consented to the search and seizure. MAYBE this is her.

Question: for those familiar with criminal complaints: if the "other occupant" was his wife, would they have referred to the other occupant as his wife?

Pof? You mean OKC or he had both?? And it's (the OKC) been cited in MSM so..I think so?

I think that's what it was, thanks! If permissible, a check of the type of relationship he's in pursuit of may be interesting.

Occam's Razor says he's our guy, but we need to let everything play out. There is always that <1% chance that he did drop her somewhere and she was picked

But, he confessed to kidnapping her.

On thread #2, someone estimated Christensen to have been online until right before his arrest, based on the information ("Last Online") from his Steam profile.

Could he have "confessed" to someone he had been voice-chatting with over Steam? Perhaps he thought no one would be able to figure out who they were talking to, so he let it slip?

If he was using a relatively long-range wireless headset in particular, it probably wouldn't have been that difficult for the FBI to eavesdrop on the conversation, without having to bug the whole apartment or having someone wear a wire.

I am not a super-active gamer, but I do know that gamers use Discord or Mumble for voice chat. I don't know how wiretapping laws would relate to something like that. Not sure if a subpoena could be issued, or how the police/FBI would even know his handle on those platforms.

Yeah, I saw it. Creepy af.

IMO, it should be kept in mind when pondering who he is pictured with and who the other occupant is. They may not be one and the same.

That said, I'm of the belief that he acted alone, but bragged to someone he thought would be into the abduction and probable murder. He was wrong. Jmo for now.

I think that's what it was, thanks! If permissible, a check of the type of relationship he's in pursuit of may be interesting.

For someone who appears to have been likely to have been fantasizing if not planning this scenario, he sure left a big, almost fishily sloppy trail of online content...I am also surprised that she has not taken fb down and that the status update was public.

I am not a super-active gamer, but I do know that gamers use Discord or Mumble for voice chat. I don't know how wiretapping laws would relate to something like that. Not sure if a subpoena could be issued, or how the police/FBI would even know his handle on those platforms.

I'd love to know this too.

IMO, it should be kept in mind when pondering who he is pictured with and who the other occupant is. They may not be one and the same.

That said, I'm of the belief that he acted alone, but bragged to someone he thought would be into the abduction and probable murder. He was wrong. Jmo for now.

I am 98% sure he acted alone, but I think he confessed under duress to the other occupant...who likely does not want to be dragged into the muck with him.. just my gut. Also maybe the most obvious and therefore likely?

Occam's Razor says he's our guy, but we need to let everything play out. There is always that <1% chance that he did drop her somewhere and she was picked

...and then dropping her off. That's what he told police. He told someone else, which police heard on surveillance, that he brought her back to the apartment.

That's not what I read in the complaint. They say they have him under surveillance talking to someone (re: not a sworn officer) *claiming* that he picked her up and took her back to his place, but unless LE can offer physical evidence that she was either at his home or in his car against her will, then his "confession" can be explained away by a good lawyer.

This is my earlier post that I think citigirl was referencing:

While I understand why everyone is making a huge deal about his bizarre fetlife MO and how that may perhaps imply motive and/or intent, we should keep in mind that it is a fantasy site and that any innuendo and/or allegations stemming from that can be twisted and contorted by any good defense attorney. For example, it could be easily argued that he was targeted because of his "fetish". In that same vein, the taped "confession" could be argued similarly - a kid with a fetish and a vivid imagination just spinning a local news story to make him look "cool" or whatever. Could even be argued that it was a "hypothetical". The ONLY physical evidence thus far that they seem to have tying the perp directly to Yingying is his car, and if he maintains the story that he picked her up and dropped her off, it isn't as open and shut as we hope. Particularly if they find no physical evidence of her being at his home, or - against her will - in his car (blood, signs of an assault, etc).

I hope they find her body. That should help tremendously with their case against him.

JMO.

For someone who appears to have been likely to have been fantasizing if not planning this scenario, he sure left a big, almost fishily sloppy trail of online content...I am also surprised that she has not taken fb down and that the status update was public.

Perhaps he is the only one that can access his fb. I hope he's uncomfortable tonight... YES, his digital footprint is ridiculous, and testament to his age group, no offense intended. It's so transparent, it makes me suspicious. If this is what he was showing, what was he hiding?!

That's not what I read in the complaint. They say they have him under surveillance talking to someone (re: not a sworn officer) *claiming* that he picked her up and took her back to his place, but unless LE can offer physical evidence that she was either at his home or in his car against her will, then his "confession" can be explained away by a good lawyer.

This is my earlier post that I think citigirl was referencing:

Thanks for the clarification. But if he had truly just dropped her off, what are the odds that YZ would then almost immediately encounter a second person with a strong interest in kidnapping? Astronomical. I personally think that the "other evidence and facts" or however it was worded in the affadavit that led LE to believe her dead, which has not been made public yet, is probably irrefutable. Definitely JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota