Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawn Rhodes‏Verified account @rhodes_dawn [video=twitter;881872349334822913]https://twitter.com/rhodes_dawn/status/881872349334822913[/video]More

Morning. Reporting from federal court in Urbana for hearing of Brendt Christensen, accused of kidnapping U. of I. scholar Yingying Zhang

I don't think that the woman he is holding hands with at the march for Yingying is his wife. There is a picture of BC and his wife in one of the articles, and while her face is pixilated out, you can see that she has very dark hair. The woman at the march with him looks like she has lighter hair. I wish that the articles would think to pixelate her face out as well. I guess people that know her would recognize her, but I'm sure its difficult to have pictures out there indicating you have what looks to be a close relationship with a man who has been arrested for the abduction of, and likely murdered, a woman.

Link to article with picture of BC and his wife:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/brendt-christensen-yingying-zhang-brent-facebook-photos-suspect/

If the woman who went to the march with him is not his wife and had only recently started dating him or was in a casual relationship, I can't image what she is feeling. I'm projecting how I would feel, but I'd be freaking out and hyperventilating if I was an innocent bystander who had only recently found myself affiliated with this person. I'd literally be sick knowing I went to that march with him.

We know nothing about her or how they know each, so I'm not trying to say anything actually about her. Just projecting a bit.

Anyone tweeting?? It's past 10am there!

TIA!

Dawn Rhodes has posted a bunch of photos outside of courthouse. I can't get my posts to not post the duplicate text so if anyone wants to help out, thanks!

Dawn Rhodes‏Verified account @rhodes_dawn [video=twitter;881872861513830401]https://twitter.com/rhodes_dawn/status/881872861513830401[/video]More

Replying to @rhodes_dawn
A group of current and former U. of I. students are gathering outside the courthouse in a show of support for the Zhang family.

It is only 9am here in Urbana, though I drove by the courthouse on the way to work and it was already a media frenzy.

https://twitter.com/rhodes_dawn
DD0LlV3WsAAisuH.jpg:large

For someone who appears to have been likely to have been fantasizing if not planning this scenario, he sure left a big, almost fishily sloppy trail of online content...I am also surprised that she has not taken fb down and that the status update was public.

What status update are you speaking of?

Matou - I'd help with posting other tweeters, but it seems Dawn Rhodes is the only one tweeting about this - at least that's all I can find....

:dunno:

If the woman who went to the march with him is not his wife and had only recently started dating him or was in a casual relationship, I can't image what she is feeling. I'm projecting how I would feel, but I'd be freaking out and hyperventilating if I was an innocent bystander who had only recently found myself affiliated with this person. I'd literally be sick knowing I went to that march with him.

We know nothing about her or how they know each, so I'm not trying to say anything actually about her. Just projecting a bit.

My friend dated, and I casually knew, a man who has been accused of murdering at least two women. It was a horrifying experience for me, much more so for her.

Just jumping off this post.

I just noticed photo of the "wife" in the heavy.com story is also on BCs Facebook page. It was posted there in 2013. (Not sure if I can link that here.)

So it's at least five years old.

I don't think that the woman he is holding hands with at the march for Yingying is his wife. There is a picture of BC and his wife in one of the articles, and while her face is pixilated out, you can see that she has very dark hair. The woman at the march with him looks like she has lighter hair. I wish that the articles would think to pixelate her face out as well. I guess people that know her would recognize her, but I'm sure its difficult to have pictures out there indicating you have what looks to be a close relationship with a man who has been arrested for the abduction of, and likely murdered, a woman.

Link to article with picture of BC and his wife:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/brendt-christensen-yingying-zhang-brent-facebook-photos-suspect/

Matou - I'd help with posting other tweeters, but it seems Dawn Rhodes is the only one tweeting about this - at least that's all I can find....

:dunno:

OK Dawn is great, from the Chicago Tribune. I predict there will be many reporters live tweeting so I can post the tweets as text to save for space and loading but will need help with all of stuff coming out at once.

I'm so happy Yingying has such a group there representing her. It must be horrible not knowing where she is.

I'm inclined to agree, i don't think there's much difference between the two individuals in the photos, I think they could easily be the same woman. (PS how much talk about her is allowed at this point? Really don't want to break rules or start dragging parties that aren't responsible into this nightmare)

That said, of course open relationships and marriage breakdowns are a thing. However, at this moment in time, with so much more up in the air, I'm personally not too interested about who he was at the march with.

Thank you to Matou for posting the current tweets, to those who will posting the tweets of other reporters, and to the mods for keeping Yingying's thread open. Justice for Yingying!

Here, a family's daughter has disappeared in a land far away from home. While waiting to find her, showing support for her, hoping news breaks, they host a vigil-type walk. Can you imagine the horror, betrayal and further victimization they must be feeling right now knowing the very person who stole this young lady from them was walking among them?

He may have rubbed shoulders with them, spoke to them, made eye contact with them, or whatever. Or maybe not. But he was there. He infiltrated them and brazenly made a statement to them that he felt he was untouchable. He proved he is perverted and dangerous, and not remorseful. No doubt he made them all feel unsafe even more. What an absolute monster. I am not surprised future public events have now been canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klints tabitha