Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if these stores have cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember 3 or more ppl claimed that they saw YingYing Zhang in Salem earlier, They claimed the young lady dressed exactly like the pic of flyers and carried the same bag,on the morning of 16 Jun 2017, the girl even showed them the photo of her family. One of them claimed that she had camera /footage and contacted fbi willing to show to fbi, but they never contact them back.

Theses msgs were getting very famous among chinese news / social medias. Yingyings family is not giving up hope so they met one of them and the salem pd, seems to me that she deleted the post already , apparently they've mistaken her for someone else.

Brendt is obviously either more stupid or more intelligent that I can give him credit for, I just wish I knew which one it was. It would really help in deciding how the crime played out. Was it the work of a mastermind, or a total buffon? Signs aren't pointing one way or the other! :(

Boneyard Creek Restoration was a big project a few years back.
c2276eed4d94d68c8af2a4e1d882201b.jpg
333d61539fb980cd4e4e6fc7d8b569ee.jpg
1ef1fb19d06832fa1b41dec4848b190f.jpg
d506d4f8eb5c6cac7928ae7f967c704b.jpg
0731845cfab6029a21f837b60c03bd8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow. I too was there in the very late 70's and early 80's and remember Boneyard Creek, along with a character who lived along there, but that is another story, for another time, from another time. Thanks for the pics.

I am not smart enough yet to know how to copy text in responses.

Owl4, I agree with you that BC looks pissed off as hell im his mugshot. (Even though we know he said he never gets angry...as if!)

I have young teen twins, and the best description of his countenance is what my kids looked like as toddlers right before a massive temper tantrum. I really think that he thought he had outsmarted the FBI and PDs.

This is crude, but......I really really hope that he had a very thorough body cavity search while being booked, and I hope he gets many more of them.....all for the sake of security, of course.

bbm - That's exactly what I thought too! Stubborn and angry like a toddler who doesn't get to play with a toy. The arrest sure scraped away that false smile from just a day earlier (at the march).

I get that, but otoh, if he had the place to himself, it would seem the obvious location? Where else could he have that private space to do whatever sick things he wanted to do? A hotel? An empty apartment he knew of?
And why say he did if he didn't? Why not say "...I took her [out in the country/woods/ cement factory, etc.] " in his I-am-sure-enjoyable recounting caught on tape?

Separately, would his apartment be close enough to another one that sounds of a struggle could be heard? If he did take her there it seems like her being drugged and out of it would ruin his [sick af, I'm not pretending I think those fantasies are normal or "alternative"] enjoyment.

bbm - I could be a tactic. Maybe he hoped that if he said he took her to his apartment the lack of forensic evidence at his apartment (no blood or evidence of a clean up or anything) would get FBI off of him. "Yes she was here, but see, nothing bad happened, she left alive and well." jmo

Why am I pointing out the CEMENT FACTORY? For one simple reason, if left in an open field, scavenging birds would already be obvious to any farmer!
This is what I know about cement:Composition. Portland cement consists essentially of compounds of lime (calcium oxide, CaO) mixed with silica (silicon dioxide, SiO 2) and alumina (aluminum oxide, Al 2O 3). The lime is obtained from a calcareous (lime-containing) raw material, and the other oxides are derived from an argillaceous (clayey) material.
This is what I know about limestone: example in outdoor toilets, powdered lime or limestone should be added regularly, to suppress the smell.
Lime - in this case both CaO and Ca(OH)2 can be used - is a biocide. So it will prevent the growth of microorganisms and will inhibit the decomposition process for a while. It will also neutralize and immobilize acidic components formed in the decomposition process. This will reduce the odor of decomposition. For this purpose lime is also used in the treatment of sewage and of animal & human feces
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lime_(material)
This is what we know about BC as a Teaching Asst: First semester physics courses 101 given to "Premed" students confirmed by this man at 44 seconds into this interview by LC.
http://www.news-gazette.com/video/2017-07-01/ui-prof-former-grad-student-utter-shock.html
Ergo, he knows something about physics and physical bodies.
I would sure like to her from any students who took that course....just thinking out loud. G'night,
good thoughts, except my understanding is that the cement factory is NOT in operation... entire area/bldg. is only used for warehouse purposes (though maybe there was still cement material & equipment around? also, if he dumped body in water he could use a couple of cement blocks, perhaps available there, to weight body down).

From the news I saw LE investigated Yingying's phone pinging from cell towers. What about BC's phone? These days people are likely to have their phone with them all the time. Would looking up pinging for his phone gives us an idea how far the car went around abduction time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my exact question.

Through cell phone towers they can trace his movements on every day from the time of the kidnapping so should make searching for Yingying somewhat more structured?

Re: whether he took YZ back to his apt., I’ve always doubted it (for the many reasons others have given), but on-other-hand it’s one of the few bits of info LE has released from their audiotaping — why would they even release that to the public unless they had some good forensic evidence it was true?

Re: whether he took YZ back to his apt., I’ve always doubted it (for the many reasons others have given), but on-other-hand it’s one of the few bits of info LE has released from their audiotaping — why would they even release that to the public unless they had some good forensic evidence it was true?

1. Did LE say he took her to his apt (presumably based on their own evidence) .... or did they say that he *said* that he took her to his apt?

2. Unless he threatened her with a knife or a gun, I cannot imagine how he got her into his apt in broad daylight - unless of course it was very quiet because it was the middle of the day and nobody noticed them entering.

My feeling is he did take her back to his apartment - partly because I think that is where he felt comfortable and in control, and also because this information was released to the public. There would be so much on the recordings of him there would be no reason for the details about the apartment to be released unless they believe it to be true. I think it is also to encourage witnesses to recall anything unusual they may have seen around the area.

1. Did LE say he took her to his apt (presumably based on their own evidence) .... or did they say that he *said* that he took her to his apt?

2. Unless he threatened her with a knife or a gun, I cannot imagine how he got her into his apt in broad daylight - unless of course it was very quiet because it was the middle of the day and nobody noticed them entering.

1. Correct, they only cited BC'S statement.

To have a reason to arrest him?

I wonder if the defense strategy will be that it was all a fantasy.
That HE didn't actually abduct her, it was just a fantasy...
That he told it to someone who shares similar fantasies...
Maybe made it up to impress them.
Unless they get the recordings suppressed they will have to explain them somehow after all.

Yes that's what I think too. He wasn't serious, he was fantasizing, he was joking, it was all a misunderstanding ... something along those lines. jmo

Question for Loremipsum, can you recall if BC turned up to his regular early morning work out at the gym on Saturday, June 10, the day after he abducted YY? You said he worked out every day (iirc), so you might have noticed if he didn't come one day? But if he did, do you remember anything different in his demeanor? I am aware that this is a month back and of course you might simply not remember. TIA! :)

University of Illinois increasing security on campus following kidnapping

Police say a camera installed above a bus stop was instrumental in capturing video of student Yingying Zhang getting into suspect Brendt Christensen's black car. Without it, the FBI wouldn't have had the information that ultimately led to Christensen's arrest.

But because that camera was outdated, providing a foggy image, investigators say the search for the car took longer than it had to. School officials say they're working to change that.

"We already are buying more security cameras and replacing some of the older ones," a school official explained Thursday. "This camera caught the car, but when we tried to enhance the image to see the license plate number the resolution wasn't high enough to do that."

http://wqad.com/2017/07/06/universi...sing-security-on-campus-following-kidnapping/

I wonder if the defense strategy will be that it was all a fantasy.
That HE didn't actually abduct her, it was just a fantasy...
That he told it to someone who shares similar fantasies...
Maybe made it up to impress them.
Unless they get the recordings suppressed they will have to explain them somehow after all.

It will be an uphill climb if the prosecution has good forensics or other footage of the two of them. I hope they find her soon, because no doubt there are additional pieces of evidence that will come to light once they locate her body.

bbm - I could be a tactic. Maybe he hoped that if he said he took her to his apartment the lack of forensic evidence at his apartment (no blood or evidence of a clean up or anything) would get FBI off of him. "Yes she was here, but see, nothing bad happened, she left alive and well." jmo

That's a good point, but if he knew they were listening, why admit kidnap and plead not guilty?

I was a little surprised to learn that one of BC's lawyers, Tom Bruno, is the current Deputy Mayor of Champaign.

http://champaignil.gov/councilmember/tom-bruno/

If this is true....what??!!??
I cannot imagine that is legal, and if it is, is NOT OK imho.
How in the world could anyone do either job at the same time and do them well?
Seems like a conflict of issue somehow.
And not very wise from the mayoral standpoint. The voting public does not think highly of defense lawyers in a high profile case involving the abduction and disappearance of a young woman.

That's a good point, but if he knew they were listening, why admit kidnap and plead not guilty?
He wouldn't have to admit kidnapping. He could say it was consensual.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member