Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What area of Wisconsin is he from again? I spent a lot of time in Wisconsin when I was young. I'd like to see how close he grew up to farmland. (NY guess is pretty close, based on my knowledge of Wisconsin.)

I think we do things based on what we know as well as where we are. So although he was living in the city, he may have been more comfortable disposing of the body in the country for various reasons. First, it's obviously less populated and close - 15 minutes and there are vast fields of farmland. Second, if he grew up near farmland, just in play as a child he may have been aware of all the great places to hide. (I grew up on Main Street but we played in corn fields nearby, including barns when we could get by with it.) Third, if his drive back to Wisconsin took him past fields and barns, he would be very aware of what was available on that repeated route (and I mean closer to Champaign than WI). He may have even daydreamed about doing stuff like this while driving, and thought, well that might be a good place to go...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
What's the evidence he drove back to Wisconsin? When was that? How often did he go back there? He was from Stevens Point originally I believe. It is all in the previous threads anyway. He was at Madison uni for some time I believe and abroad for some time too.

I'm following the Sherin Mathew thread and looking at all the ways they are trying to narrow down that search. Are the campus police still in charge of this investigation? I'm wondering if they really have the resources for and grasp on what it takes to narrow a search as well as other LE might have. I know Richardson PD is getting lots of outside help because they do not have certain equipment and resources. One of the ways they are narrowing that search is by pulling the black box information from the vehicle and even pulling air filters from it. They are also using drones to search.

Calzone is local and may know . I believe it is a Federal case now and above the local level but not sure.

What's the evidence he drove back to Wisconsin? When was that? How often did he go back there? He was from Stevens Point originally I believe. It is all in the previous threads anyway. He was at Madison uni for some time I believe and abroad for some time too.
I did not say he drove back to Wisconsin to dump her. I thought he was from Wisconsin and I was asking where specifically. Because wherever his family is, he likely drove back there from time to time and would know what's along that route leaving town well.

I did not say he drove back to Wisconsin to dump her. I thought he was from Wisconsin and I was asking where specifically. Because wherever his family is, he likely drove back there from time to time and would know what's along that route leaving town well.

And never mind. I found my answer here.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346141

<modsnip>
Theres a massive amount of information and lots of hard work in the first few threads..

<modsnip>
Theres a massive amount of information and lots of hard work in the first few threads..
I did. I read them all last week, which is why I seemed to remember he was from Wisconsin. <modsnip>

I did. I read them all last week, which is why I seemed to remember he was from Wisconsin. <modsnip>

I answered you above. He is from Stevens Point WI originally then went to Madison uni WI then abroad for a year then Champaign/Urbana.

I thought the Chinese community also did searches didn't they? Being local you would know about that. Obviously if there were clues, that's where one would search. She was last known to be at his apartment so that's the only clue that I can see.
What do you think of the possibility he has killed before?

I believe you are correct that the Chinese community may have organized some searches but that wasn't with LE.

LE obviously believes that she was at his apartment and they also have clues to suggest that a search of that area, or any specific area locally, is not warranted. If there is a body to recover, they have no clue where to start looking for it.

Since we’re all into speculation at this point I’ll throw out another thought only occurred to me when I was searching something else and stumbled upon this (not necessarily for the faint-of-heart though):
Animal rendering plants are commonly used by animal farms (of which there are many in central Illinois) to dispose of animal parts/remnants/carcasses, which are turned into other usable animal by-products for sale, by methods I wouldn't describe. I could only find 3 such facilities in Illinois (not near Champaign), although another was planned for Rantoul, IL. (very close to Champaign) but can’t tell that it’s ever been built?

I don’t know how/if a private individual could possibly get a ‘package’ for rendering to one of these plants, but at this point I don’t rule anything out, and it would certainly explain why there is no body to search for, and why terms like “heinous” and “depraved” are part of the latest indictment.

I'm sure a lot of searching was done of surveillance video to try to follow his route after he got her in the car. And then, if he took her to his home, where he went in his car afterwards. Has it' been discussed, whether there are cameras around the apartments?

I believe you are correct that the Chinese community may have organized some searches but that wasn't with LE.

LE obviously believes that she was at his apartment and they also have clues to suggest that a search of that area, or any specific area locally, is not warranted. If there is a body to recover, they have no clue where to start looking for it.

Possibility of cameras around the apartments are highly likely IMO. I don't agree that lack of LE searches indicates LE has clues suggesting searches aren't warranted. As he knew
he had been caught on cameras abducting YY perhaps he was more careful not to be caught on cameras when disposing of the evidence. I don't know why they haven't searched and it may be based on what he has said on tape at the vigil. Perhaps he said " where she is she will never be found" or such like.

If you head west out of town on Springfield from stonegate apts you pass kaufman park on the right and el toro restaurant on the left and then you are basically in cornfields for about 10 miles except for a few block stretch that is a tiny town called Broadlands. If LE has video from el toro of his car leaving town say late Sunday night and returning a few hours later in the early morning hours of Monday, that may be why they believe her dead. If you head east on Springfield from stone gate,( or turn back onto any of the main roads that head east to west through town from Duncan) there are many businesses with probable video, the LACK of his car being sighted there could bolster this theory. I never mentioned it before (don't know if it's allowed), but as a local I know a few business owners who personally told me that LE contacted them within the first week of her disappearance and took their video from the date of her disappearance through to Monday....Business owners from ALL different thoroughfares through the town.

I personally live in a small town about 10 miles north of Urbana now and drive the backroads around here to get to different areas of chambana for work and errands. I for sure noticed low flying planes and such over the fields for a few weeks following her disappearance, not sure if they were related but...

I DO NOT think he did it before. I think he probably was very forceful sexually with young women around him who may not have reported it. But the way he was so proud of what he had done, he just had to confide "under surveillance" to someone about his exploits. If he had done it before, he would have boasted about that as well and it would've come out by now.

I cannot wait until this trial to see what evidence LE is holding close and see YY and her family get justice.

Possibility of cameras around the apartments are highly likely IMO. I don't agree that lack of LE searches indicates LE has clues suggesting searches aren't warranted. As he knew
he had been caught on cameras abducting YY perhaps he was more careful not to be caught on cameras when disposing of the evidence. I don't know why they haven't searched and it may be based on what he has said on tape at the vigil. Perhaps he said " where she is she will never be found" or such like.

On what do you base your opinion that it is highly likely that there are cameras around the apartments? With the exception of the gas station across the street, it is my opinion as a resident of Champaign and someone who drives past that apartment complex at least twice a day, that it is highly unlikely that there are cameras around the apartment complex. And, unless pointed in the wrong direction, the cameras at the gas station are focused on the gas station and not the apartment complex across the street.

If you head west out of town on Springfield from stonegate apts you pass kaufman park on the right and el toro restaurant on the left and then you are basically in cornfields for about 10 miles except for a few block stretch that is a tiny town called Broadlands. If LE has video from el toro of his car leaving town say late Sunday night and returning a few hours later in the early morning hours of Monday, that may be why they believe her dead. If you head east on Springfield from stone gate,( or turn back onto any of the main roads that head east to west through town from Duncan) there are many businesses with probable video, the LACK of his car being sighted there could bolster this theory. I never mentioned it before (don't know if it's allowed), but as a local I know a few business owners who personally told me that LE contacted them within the first week of her disappearance and took their video from the date of her disappearance through to Monday....Business owners from ALL different thoroughfares through the town.

I personally live in a small town about 10 miles north of Urbana now and drive the backroads around here to get to different areas of chambana for work and errands. I for sure noticed low flying planes and such over the fields for a few weeks following her disappearance, not sure if they were related but...

I DO NOT think he did it before. I think he probably was very forceful sexually with young women around him who may not have reported it. But the way he was so proud of what he had done, he just had to confide "under surveillance" to someone about his exploits. If he had done it before, he would have boasted about that as well and it would've come out by now.

I cannot wait until this trial to see what evidence LE is holding close and see YY and her family get justice.
I'm going to guess that those low flying planes were just as likely crop dusters because that activity is increasing during the summer in Illinois. If they were primarily flying over fields, this would have been the time for it.

On what do you base your opinion that it is highly likely that there are cameras around the apartments? With the exception of the gas station across the street, it is my opinion as a resident of Champaign and someone who drives past that apartment complex at least twice a day, that it is highly unlikely that there are cameras around the apartment complex. And, unless pointed in the wrong direction, the cameras at the gas station are focused on the gas station and not the apartment complex across the street.
A good knowledge of the case, quite possibly..

One might be surprised at what video cameras at gas stations can capture, e.g. [video=youtube;W6Z4PhjYIII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Z4PhjYIII[/video]

And I will continue to ask this question until I receive an answer.
are yOU suggesting people should not try to locate missing people if they go missing in this particular location or anywhere at all?
I will ask and I will ask again and again and again.

Indeed. We have replied time and time again that there is a science to organizing searches. If we knew where she was, she would not be missing. I understand that there are instances in which the police can narrow the scope of a search based on tips and such but that's not a requirement. Science has already figured out a pattern for where sickos like BC dispose of bodies. People are trained in this stuff.

Its based on my expectation of such a supposed luxury apartment complex and also the website stating "security system". Whats your opinion its highly unlikely based upon? Is it that you haven't seen any cameras on your journey past? I could be wrong and security system could mean burglar alarms, but that's why it is only an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member