Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. We have replied time and time again that there is a science to organizing searches. If we knew where she was, she would not be missing. I understand that there are instances in which the police can narrow the scope of a search based on tips and such but that's not a requirement. Science has already figured out a pattern for where sickos like BC dispose of bodies. People are trained in this stuff.
I would be interested to learn what that science and pattern might be in this case, if you can share with us? I'm sorry if you have already done this earlier in the threads and I have missed it.

I lived in Champaign for 9 years and visit regularly and the truth is miles of cornfields, densely wooded forests, deserts, and all manner of wild and farm spaces are routinely searched for missing persons. Just because a neighborhood is surrounded by wilderness or farmland doesn't mean the police throw their hands in the air and wait for the body to surface one day. In fact, missing person's cases IN THE MIDWEST, often have conrfields in their vecinity. If the police had enough evidence to not bother with searches, they would also have enough evidence to charge with some degree of murder. You can't have it both ways. Police incompetence is a possibility here, we just don't know.

[h=3]Missing Teen's Body Found In Cornfield[/h]http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?s=5622763&clienttype=printable
[h=1]Desperate Search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride[/h]https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/desperate-search-ohio-woman-sierah-joughin-who-vanished-while-bike-n614406
[h=3]
[/h][h=1]Missing Sanilac County woman found in cornfield[/h]http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/news/local/2015/07/27/authorities-continue-search-sanilac-county-woman/30725177/?showmenu=true

[h=1]Missing northern Minnesota woman found dead in cornfield[/h]http://www.twincities.com/2015/10/08/missing-northern-minnesota-woman-found-dead-in-cornfield/

I wish I did. In another thread there was a news story reporting that an FBI profiler had been brought in to assist in the case but I never found information on what the profiler surmised. If anyone has it, please share.

If you head west out of town on Springfield from stonegate apts you pass kaufman park on the right and el toro restaurant on the left and then you are basically in cornfields for about 10 miles except for a few block stretch that is a tiny town called Broadlands. If LE has video from el toro of his car leaving town say late Sunday night and returning a few hours later in the early morning hours of Monday, that may be why they believe her dead. If you head east on Springfield from stone gate,( or turn back onto any of the main roads that head east to west through town from Duncan) there are many businesses with probable video, the LACK of his car being sighted there could bolster this theory. I never mentioned it before (don't know if it's allowed), but as a local I know a few business owners who personally told me that LE contacted them within the first week of her disappearance and took their video from the date of her disappearance through to Monday....Business owners from ALL different thoroughfares through the town.

I personally live in a small town about 10 miles north of Urbana now and drive the backroads around here to get to different areas of chambana for work and errands. I for sure noticed low flying planes and such over the fields for a few weeks following her disappearance, not sure if they were related but...

I DO NOT think he did it before. I think he probably was very forceful sexually with young women around him who may not have reported it. But the way he was so proud of what he had done, he just had to confide "under surveillance" to someone about his exploits. If he had done it before, he would have boasted about that as well and it would've come out by now.

I cannot wait until this trial to see what evidence LE is holding close and see YY and her family get justice.
That is very interesting what you say about the businesses. Thank you for sharing that. That probably included footage from gas stations too I would imagine. It's very encouraging how LE have put the case together from the video of her getting in the car to his final indictment.

I lived in Champaign for 9 years and visit regularly and the truth is miles of cornfields, densely wooded forests, deserts, and all manner of wild and farm spaces are routinely searched for missing persons. Just because a neighborhood is surrounded by wilderness or farmland doesn't mean the police throw their hands in the air and wait for the body to surface one day. In fact, missing person's cases IN THE MIDWEST, often have conrfields in their vecinity. If the police had enough evidence to not bother with searches, they would also have enough evidence to charge with some degree of murder. You can't have it both ways. Police incompetence is a possibility here, we just don't know.

Missing Teen's Body Found In Cornfield

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?s=5622763&clienttype=printable
Desperate Search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/de...ierah-joughin-who-vanished-while-bike-n614406

Missing Sanilac County woman found in cornfield

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story...-sanilac-county-woman/30725177/?showmenu=true

Missing northern Minnesota woman found dead in cornfield

http://www.twincities.com/2015/10/08/missing-northern-minnesota-woman-found-dead-in-cornfield/

Well I certainly will consume no products containing Il corn in the future!

Seriously, you have a point.. but when FBI are involved to any extent almost all public info recase is severely curbed.
They were in from the outset as far as I remember..

From what we have seen, it does look as though her family were also kept in the dark..
its too weird..

What area of Wisconsin is he from again? I spent a lot of time in Wisconsin when I was young. I'd like to see how close he grew up to farmland. (NY guess is pretty close, based on my knowledge of Wisconsin.)

I think we do things based on what we know as well as where we are. So although he was living in the city, he may have been more comfortable disposing of the body in the country for various reasons. First, it's obviously less populated and close - 15 minutes and there are vast fields of farmland. Second, if he grew up near farmland, just in play as a child he may have been aware of all the great places to hide. (I grew up on Main Street but we played in corn fields nearby, including barns when we could get by with it.) Third, if his drive back to Wisconsin took him past fields and barns, he would be very aware of what was available on that repeated route (and I mean closer to Champaign than WI). He may have even daydreamed about doing stuff like this while driving, and thought, well that might be a good place to go...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Your paragraph marked "Third" suggests he may have scoped a possible disposal location during his drives back to Wisconsin. Is there anywhere you think could be likely, as you mention familiarity yourself with Illinois and Wisconsin, so are perhaps familiar with the route somewhat?

If you head west out of town on Springfield from stonegate apts you pass kaufman park on the right and el toro restaurant on the left and then you are basically in cornfields for about 10 miles except for a few block stretch that is a tiny town called Broadlands.

You're referring to Bondville, not Broadlands.. Broadlands is in a different direction altogether..

Your paragraph marked "Third" suggests he may have scoped a possible disposal location during his drives back to Wisconsin. Is there anywhere you think could be likely, as you mention familiarity yourself with Illinois and Wisconsin, so are perhaps familiar with the route somewhat?
Well, I have not been driving my old route regularly for some time, but I am familiar with I-74 out of Champaign Urbana. Looking at the map, if he was somewhat regularly going back to Wisconsin, he would probably take 74 west to Bloomington to then head north from there. Between Champaign and Bloomington is a lot of nothing with a few small towns like Mahomet, Farmer City, and Leroy.

IIRC, when you get off at the Farmer City exit, it's one of those deals where there is a single Mobile station and nothing else but farmland. It's very sparsely populated. I cannot remember well enough to know about disused looking barns on that route, but this is one of the stretches of 74 that can be quite desolate, especially during night driving. In a couple of the towns along the interstate, the gas stations close by 10 pm, which could be a problem when I was coming home late. Mahomet or Mansfield exits were like that as well (I can't remember which one).

Anyway, Farmer City is only 30 minutes out, Mahomet and Mansfield being closer. So that means a lot of desolate space just in that 30 minutes.

I would only suspect this route for dumping a body if he did make regular drives that direction and was familiar with the desolation on that route.

I'm going to guess that those low flying planes were just as likely crop dusters because that activity is increasing during the summer in Illinois. If they were primarily flying over fields, this would have been the time for it.

I live in far East Urbana near the fields. I recall both low flying planes and helicopters that seemed out of place around June/July as well..

I live in far East Urbana near the fields. I recall both low flying planes and helicopters that seemed out of place around June/July as well..
Helicopters definitely do not crop dust, so those could have been searching.

Just to give an idea of when you might see crop dusters, July 14th was one of the many dates they were flying so low over my house that I turned them in to the FAA. I'm not saying they weren't searching there with planes, but I also think it's useful to know when there may be another explanation for the planes.

And while you might think they finish this in one day, that's not correct. It continued here for several days. You should not be able to see the spray to identify them unless they are way too close to you.

Helicopters definitely do not crop dust, so those could have been searching.

Helicopters are used for crop dusting.

[video=youtube;67A9PZLCtHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67A9PZLCtHY[/video]

Helicopters are used for crop dusting.

[video=youtube;67A9PZLCtHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67A9PZLCtHY[/video]
I've never seen it in Illinois yet. As I understand it, they are more expensive to use and carry much less. However, I guess they have to be used on fields near air space. But most of those fields are probably still sprayed by ground equipment.

ETA With an airport nearby, it's possible.

On what do you base your opinion that it is highly likely that there are cameras around the apartments? With the exception of the gas station across the street, it is my opinion as a resident of Champaign and someone who drives past that apartment complex at least twice a day, that it is highly unlikely that there are cameras around the apartment complex. And, unless pointed in the wrong direction, the cameras at the gas station are focused on the gas station and not the apartment complex across the street.

Its based on my expectation of such a supposed luxury apartment complex and also the website stating "security system". Whats your opinion its highly unlikely based upon? Is it that you haven't seen any cameras on your journey past? I could be wrong and security system could mean burglar alarms, but that's why it is only an opinion.
Was wondering why you think it "highly unlikely" there are cameras around Stonegate Village? I answered your question but can't see that you came back to me on mine. I am also wondering how LE knew he took YY back to the apartment without cameras being there. If there are cameras, he would also presumably have been seen leaving the apartment too, after her death. MOO

Since we seem to be in a lull, I’ll just recap a few things:

1) After BC’s arrest (end of June) we found out police had him making verbal statements on secret tapes — the only tidbit divulged though was to say he admitted taking YZ back to his apt. I assume they wouldn’t have told that one bit (of all the things they heard) unless they had high confidence it was true, which probably means it is backed up by forensic and quite possibly video cellphone evidence (verbal statements alone by him wouldn’t be that powerful IMO).

2) Normally, searches for such victims begin (if no other clues available) where the victim was last known to be (in this case BC’s apt.) and work in concentric circles outwards… ponds, lakes, woods, buildings nearby. Sure once you get a couple miles out, LE might shrug and say searching is futile right now, but even such preliminary, initial searches were never done nor encouraged — so again that means to me they knew there simply was no body to be looked-for (once more from his statements, forensics, and cellphone), even though they likely know when & how she died.

3) I can only think of 4-5 ways to completely destroy a human body, and a couple of those seem highly implausible. I don’t care to discuss those ways, but simply to conclude that, without some new piece of evidence coming forth, I think talk from afar (here), about where to search is likely useless. And I guess I’m skeptical that the public will learn any new information until nearer the trial date in Feb. (but again maybe a lawyer here knows more about how information might be released going forward). Maybe, now that this is a potential death-penalty case, it will be plea-bargained and resolved well before Feb.??? What a sad, sad case, that is probably incomprehensible to foreigners unfamiliar with our judicial system.

I have followed this case less closely than the missing child case of Sherin Mathews. And that case has raised questions for me about this one.

In the SM case, we know what evidence was seized from the house. Do we have a list of evidence seized from his apartment?

A few things seized from the parents of SM had to do with their vehicle, which may have been used to transport her. Much of this evidence was intended to narrow the search for her body. It included an air filter and electronics from the car, which I'm just going to refer to as the black box info, although it included multiple things.

I got curious about this information from a car's "black box," as I have an older model, very basic vehicle (it has a cassette player, it's that old). I found a list online of what vehicles contain information like this, and even mine contains some.

My question is, was there ever any indication from LE that they looked at this? I'm thinking they must have, especially with the FBI involved.

Its based on my expectation of such a supposed luxury apartment complex and also the website stating "security system". Whats your opinion its highly unlikely based upon? Is it that you haven't seen any cameras on your journey past? I could be wrong and security system could mean burglar alarms, but that's why it is only an opinion.

Other than perhaps the landlord's website that states "Our Stonegate Village gives you luxury living at an affordable price with dishwasher, central air, swimming pool, and private balconies", I don't know how you could confuse Stonegate Village Apartments with "luxury". Of course, you haven't actually seen them. If you had, you would understand that it is not a place that would have security cameras.

I can't find "security system" anywhere on the Stonegate website, please provide a link. I do find reference to "security entrance" which means there is a locked door leading to the common area in individual buildings, not cameras, not burglar alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSCOP