Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share a few things that I’ve known for awhile, but didn’t know if I should post or not. My father is a garbage man in champaign and has been for 32 years, and happens to pickup stonegate apartments.

He informed the FBI has indeed quarantined a section of the landfill where he dumps, and searching. He also said they will be able to go through and eventually find her. The chatter around the landfill was that the FBI are looking for a very large duffel bag, as a witness seen BC throwing one away in the dumpster at his complex.
Thanks so much for that.. it makes perfect sense.
what a shame they did not manage to complete the task before the zhangs returned to China..

Wanted to share a few things that I’ve known for awhile, but didn’t know if I should post or not. My father is a garbage man in champaign and has been for 32 years, and happens to pickup stonegate apartments.

He informed the FBI has indeed quarantined a section of the landfill where he dumps, and searching. He also said they will be able to go through and eventually find her. The chatter around the landfill was that the FBI are looking for a very large duffel bag, as a witness seen BC throwing one away in the dumpster at his complex.
THANKS... that's huge! and makes so much sense... am only surprised that BC would deposit such a dufflebag in his own complex dumpsters rather than drive to some other dumpster in dark of night. Landfills can take VERY long time to search, but am still surprised this has not leaked out before now, since several folks must know. Bodily remains could still be difficult to ID (if bag open/exposed), though if bag was sealed tightly it will be easy and there will be other items in it.

ETA: when I last researched landfills, I think I found there were at most 3 that all Champaign/Urbana trash went to... any chance you feel comfortable saying which one your dad serviced?

Echoing other posters' thanks. Should be interesting.

THANKS... that's huge! and makes so much sense... am only surprised that BC would deposit such a dufflebag in his own complex dumpsters rather than drive to some other dumpster in dark of night. Landfills can take VERY long time to search, but am still surprised this has not leaked out before now, since several folks must know. Bodily remains could still be difficult to ID (if bag open/exposed), though if bag was sealed tightly it will be easy and there will be other items in it.

ETA: when I last researched landfills, I think I found there were at most 3 that all Champaign/Urbana trash went to... any chance you feel comfortable saying which one your dad serviced?
Just your last point webthrush, I dont think its a fair question.. this is a public forum and as far as I know there is possibly still a reward on offer for info.. could lead to wrong people invading a dump site as well as get her father in trouble..

Just your last point webthrush, I dont think its a fair question.. this is a public forum and as far as I know there is possibly still a reward on offer for info.. could lead to wrong people invading a dump site as well as get her father in trouble..
yeah, that's why I asked it cautiously... the public wouldn't have access to the landfill, but LE might still fear it could attract gawkers to the area if the information is accurate (in which case whoever saw BC drop the dufflebag in the dumpster is probably the one eligible for some reward). I was also curious because way back when, I even did a google satellite search of one (maybe 2?) of the landfills looking for police activity, but didn't see anything.

yeah, that's why I asked it cautiously... the public wouldn't have access to the landfill, but LE might still fear it could attract gawkers to the area if the information is accurate (in which case whoever saw BC drop the dufflebag in the dumpster is probably the one eligible for some reward). I was also curious because way back when, I even did a google satellite search of one (maybe 2?) of the landfills looking for police activity, but didn't see anything.
I know you asked cautiously.. no offence intended..
Its likely though that info did not arrive until quite late.. so had been overfilled several times, is a possibility?
not sure how cadaver dogs would far out in such a situation.. with very many tipped loads covering it.. could be pretty difficult.
Do you have any memory of the collection dates, the day of the week that tip was generally emptied? I remember reading it here..
If he tipped duffle within an hour or two of collection, time of which would have been known to him as occupant, its likely he could have taken that route ok.. lazy man..
OR perhaps he just dumped her belongings in dumpster..

It's going to be covered in snow soon, and with the trial potentially in February, I sure hope they get this done soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know you asked cautiously.. no offence intended..
Its likely though that info did not arrive until quite late.. so had been overfilled several times, is a possibility?
not sure how cadaver dogs would far out in such a situation.. with very many tipped loads covering it.. could be pretty difficult.
Do you have any memory of the collection dates, the day of the week that tip was generally emptied? I remember reading it here..
If he tipped duffle within an hour or two of collection, time of which would have been known to him as occupant, its likely he could have taken that route ok.. lazy man..
OR perhaps he just dumped her belongings in dumpster..

I have a vague memory of someone saying main trash pickup for Stonegate was Wed., but in some places complexes have trash pickup twice a week, so I’m not sure.
The kidnapping (and likely murder) was on a Fri., and on Mon. police released the video of the Astra, so if he hadn’t already deposited her body, he surely would’ve panicked on Mon. and disposed of her then; maybe that accounts for the quickness of using his own dumpsters, instead of placing in a car (could've used his Camaro in place of the Astra) and driving somewhere else?

I have a vague memory of someone saying main trash pickup for Stonegate was Wed., but in some places complexes have trash pickup twice a week, so I’m not sure.
The kidnapping (and likely murder) was on a Fri., and on Mon. police released the video of the Astra, so if he hadn’t already deposited her body, he surely would’ve panicked on Mon. and disposed of her then; maybe that accounts for the quickness of using his own dumpsters, instead of placing in a car (could've used his Camaro in place of the Astra) and driving somewhere else?
Wednesday quite a distance okay..
Probably no collections the weekends..
If was a Monday morning collection and he just popped bag in dumper as they were about to collect would make more sense..
Surely they would have accessed it by now.. surely they would not just let it lie there where its in danger of attack from vermin etc.. Surely not?

This news now might bring some sense as to why the FBI has been so close lipped. So I would guess they may have the torture and/or murder on video but really need that body to make the case. If they are actively searching landfills, it might take a while, but I would think they have to have a fairly accurate idea which part that load would be in. And if need be , empty the whole dam thing !
I know this will sound silly but I was really hoping , somehow, someway, YY would be found alive. Siigh...

This news now might bring some sense as to why the FBI has been so close lipped. So I would guess they may have the torture and/or murder on video but really need that body to make the case. If they are actively searching landfills, it might take a while, but I would think they have to have a fairly accurate idea which part that load would be in. And if need be , empty the whole dam thing !
I know this will sound silly but I was really hoping , somehow, someway, YY would be found alive. Siigh...
Me too..hoping...
But, she has not been located yet..
Bag could have contained anything...

If anybody is in that area ever, would you mind having a glance at that dumpster and see whats typically in it.. think a big locker bag, unless it also contained a lot of rubbish could draw suspicion if her body was intact still..
also if he had dismembered her.. 2 days is v v little time to do that and clean up afterwards.. and there would have been a lot of blood.. he was conscious of cleaning, ref the car side.. wonder what cleaning solution he used?

This is very similar to the tip I learned about months ago that investigators had received from someone anonymously; only that the duffle bag was thrown out somewhere else, not at Stonegate.

I later learned from someone who knows someone living at Stonegate that the FBI was asking residents if they had ever seen him with a large duffel bag similar to the type the army issues to soldiers.

I have no idea when they started excavating, but I was told they would be out there for months, if necessary.

This is very similar to the tip I learned about months ago that investigators had received from someone anonymously; only that the duffle bag was thrown out somewhere else, not at Stonegate.

I later learned from someone who knows someone living at Stonegate that the FBI was asking residents if they had ever seen him with a large duffel bag similar to the type the army issues to soldiers.

I have no idea when they started excavating, but I was told they would be out there for months, if necessary.
Have they actually commenced excavations?
Heres a link to images for extra large army duffle bags

https://www.google.ie/search?q=army...GoLjXAhWIAcAKHclYCCEQ_AUICigB&biw=841&bih=388
They come in many different materials, colours shapes and sizes

Me too..hoping...
But, she has not been located yet..
Bag could have contained anything...

If anybody is in that area ever, would you mind having a glance at that dumpster and see whats typically in it.. think a big locker bag, unless it also contained a lot of rubbish could draw suspicion if her body was intact still..
also if he had dismembered her.. 2 days is v v little time to do that and clean up afterwards.. and there would have been a lot of blood.. he was conscious of cleaning, ref the car side.. wonder what cleaning solution he used?

Ammonia works very well to clean blood.

If he dismembered her, there would be some blood, yes, but not nearly as much as you might think because her heart would not be beating.

I tend to think he probably put her in the trash somewhere else. If the pickup at Stonegate was Wednesday, she would have been in there for 5 days in warm weather. That's long enough that someone might have noticed something very wrong in the dumpster..

Wednesday quite a distance okay..

If was a Monday morning collection and he just popped bag in dumper as they were about to collect would make more sense..

Depends on if his wife came home on Sunday or Monday. He'd have to have everything out and cleaned up before she got home.....

Have they actually commenced excavations?

No idea when/if they have started. They may have waited until they could corroborate the tip by finding out if Christensen purchase a large duffel bag, or if someone had ever witnessed him with one. IIRC, they would have received the tip sometime between June 17--19th.

He probably wouldn't have a large army type of duffle bag. Those are expensive. But you can get huge, standard, black duffle bags for less than 15 bucks. I have one I could probably be stuffed into. I bought it on vacation once to bring a lot more home with me than what I packed. Anyway, even if someone saw over the ledge into a tall dumpster, these bags are a dime a dozen, so no one would bother to try to salvage it. An army duffle, though, yeah, someone might try to grab it. Those can be sold at consignment shops. It would also be a lot more noticeable carrying around, though, whereas the standard cheap black duffle would not make anyone look twice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BBM
Hate that I'm working with vague memories again but way back when one of the posters talked of seeing BC (and wife) at the gym regularly I think they mentioned seeing him with a large gym dufflebag. The person even posted one photo of him at the gym and that may have included a large bag, I can't remember?
And yeah, landfills, even when you know the section to look at, can take many months to search (and is dangerous work) -- in some criminal cases bodies have never been found even when known to be in a landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member