Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are "keeping the door open" not for additional perpetrators, but for previous crimes. I would want to know if he's ever been to Evansdale, Iowa.
THIS. I know many have speculated there may be a connection to L&E, based on victimology... but now, sleuthing might bring something to light. <3

Maybe they are "keeping the door open" not for additional perpetrators, but for previous crimes. I would want to know if he's ever been to Evansdale, Iowa.
Agreed.
Not having a record does not mean he's never committed a crime before, just that he didn't get caught !
To murder two girls is a big step from, say, petty theft or not paying a speeding citation ?

I’m impressed that LE are saying the trial is in March…. Not long to wrap it all up in time wise is it? They are clearly confidant they have enough so far

Here in the U.K. a trial would be years away
Here in the U.S., every defendant is entitled to a speedy trial. Taking years to start the trial would violate his Constitutional right to due process, and he would walk. Sometimes it does take years for a trial to start, but that's usually due to delay tactics by the defense.

Yep.
Anyone else who may have been texting the girls -- as in not necessarily another teen girl or boy from school -- LE may want to speak with them !
By now they must have pulled as much as possible from their phones and socials ?

I haven't read about this yet-- did LE get both of the girls' phones ?

One victim didn't have a phone but had other devices (Kindle if I recall correctly), the other victim's phone was recovered in the vicinity of the crime scene.

Any indication where burn pit was located? I wondered if it was legal in IN, esp. within some distance of foliage/structures? I thought at first perhaps one's own trash could be being burnt, so as not to put curbside, if that's allowed in the area? I wonder if he ate at work or wore gloves often? Surely obtaining DNA would be easier than say serving a search warrant on some other infraction to isolate DNA in a new location, sans burnt pit? Via relatives, etc? All speculation of cour
so what I saw on a new report the other day showed the RA backyard. There was a shed and a tree with a small pile of wood and leaves. Very small pile under the tree...
which IDK why anyone would burn stuff under a tree. Not too smart.

I’m impressed that LE are saying the trial is in March…. Not long to wrap it all up in time wise is it? They are clearly confidant they have enough so far

It may not proceed in March. He or his attorney (one will be appointed if he can't afford one on his own) can request additional time, and they usually do in big cases like this. The death penalty wasn't mentioned, but I would still expect a continuance of that trial date. His attorney will have to digest all of the evidence, try to hire experts to refute the evidence, try to find alibi witnesses, try to point to other potential suspects, etc. And prosecutors are fond of "burying" defense counsel in paper. Like, thousands of pages. If he proceeds with a public defender, that poor person. I foresee the court appointing a special defense counsel that the government will have to pay for in some way--I can't recall if it's the county or state that has to pay.

It's possible the trial will be significantly delayed dependent on Allen's defense attorney / building a defense in the case. He can, in other words, waive his right to a speedy trial to build up a case. (not a lawyer, so please someone add to this or correct me if I'm wrong!)

Iirc, they stated that others could come into play.
LE is never going to state that they will not charge anyone else related to this crime because it's a crime to lie to LE itself. So if someone comes in and gives false testimony, they can be charged with perjury or obstruction. It is a big stick to be able to threaten friends and family of the defendant with their own charges if they do not cooperate, if they lie, if they refuse to testify.

But in the vast majority of these cases there is a sole murderer.

"One of my servers was telling me that he wouldn’t speak much; his wife would order the food and that they would split it,” said Chandler Underhill, General Manager at the Brick & Mortar Pub. “He didn’t really speak.”

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the sharing of food and not speaking was something that developed after the events in 2017. If it's true. IMO. Link
I wouldn’t read too much into that JMO. He drank beer/water/etc at the pub, presumably, and there would have been DNA to collect there.

So where is he being held? How will prison life be panning out for this guy right now?

Is he allowed visitors other than legal? I’d he likely segregated?

With time we to think I hope he changes to a guilty plea. Guess he has no incentive to at this point

LE is never going to state that they will not charge anyone else related to this crime because it's a crime to lie to LE itself. So if someone comes in and gives false testimony, they can be charged with perjury or obstruction. It is a big stick to be able to threaten friends and family of the defendant with their own charges if they do not cooperate, if they lie, if they refuse to testify.

But in the vast majority of these cases there is a sole murderer.
I can only go by what I heard in the presser. Maybe an official transcript will be posted at some point. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli