Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that any young person that fell victim to RA previously will come forward and call the tip line and tell their story. RA has preyed upon young girls for some time. Additionally, most likely not first murders. IMO, MOO
BBM I confess I took a break last night and this am so I am struggling a bit with some of the news. How do we know this?

I've not been able to see a pattern yet, but notice he wears Adidas pants a lot. Wonder if that Adidas started after the murders in lieu of wearing blue jeans? I suspect he stopped wearing the blue jacket.
Oh that’s a good call imo!!

I will add, my spouse switched from always wearing jeans (which he still has to wear at work) to athletic pants in his late 40s. Comfort thing I think :)

FOX59 is reporting that sources close to the investigation have revealed that RA came forward voluntarily to police and admitted to being on the trails that day, early in the investigation.

Edit to add - if I understand his actions correctly, he may have been trying to cover himself in case someone else reported seeing him there that day. Or he may have been trying to find out what LE knew or suspected.
Yeah, it would have served two purposes:

It provided him with a bit of cover in case he was as spotted.

It fulfilled a need to insert himself into the investigation. This isn't uncommon among killers like this, as they both enjoy it, and are curious about what law enforcement may know.

Kelsi German
@libertyg_sister

All parties are innocent until proven guilty. Please do not wish harm on anyone or convict anyone before there is a trial. At this point there has been an arrest, but the investigation is not over.

5:56 AM · Nov 1, 2022

o_O Well, that's interesting.
I think Kelsi is just tweeting what she can as she wants justice for these two young ladies.

FOX59 is reporting that sources close to the investigation have revealed that RA came forward voluntarily to police and admitted to being on the trails that day, early in the investigation.

Edit to add - if I understand his actions correctly, he may have been trying to cover himself in case someone else reported seeing him there that day. Or he may have been trying to find out what LE knew or suspected.
Can you provide the link to this report? Thanks.

I posted this a month after the murders:

This case hurts my heart. I joined Websleuths July 14, 2012, the day after Lizzie and Lyric were reported missing. I live in Iowa and it was on our local news...I googled the girls and that's how I ended up here. I had such confidence that their case would be solved at the beginning! But as the months, then years (years!) went by...nothing. And now, I have given up hope that their case will be solved. I have followed Libby and Abby's case since the beginning as well, and while I personally do not think the two are related, I can't help but look into my own crystal ball and feel like I will be in the same position in 4 years.

I hope not. If/when an arrest is made in either (both!!!) case, someone can send me a message telling me I should smash that **** crystal ball.

Leave our girls alone!!!

It took 5 years instead of 4, but I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to be wrong.

Yes, it was only from 4 hours ago:

The relevant part says:

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

And yet if another person is involved, it increases the jeopardy of being discovered exponentially in my mind. Two or more under the radar or with no evidential proof after almost 6 years would be surprising to me.

But then, I'm just a ponderer, not an expert in such things.
I think living in Indiana has its disadvantages in the case because there are more rumors than not that go with crimes. Sorting facts from fiction, plus remembering for several years which is and isn’t true is not an exact art.
Having a student in Purdue for the last several has also kept this case close, although it would have been anyway. James Chadwell had spent time on campus, supposedly, sightseeing. Many of us have doubts.

From the beginning I have heard many things, including knowing someone involved in child distress jobs, who may or may not have known a little more than people who didn’t, but only because people talk. And, people lie. And, simply, people want you to think they know more than they do.

I agree that the more involved the less likely the secret, yet there are many underground secrets even with all the “eyes” watching socially. And, I mentioned that I hadn’t thought about it until recent comments.
I sincerely hope it ends with Richard Allen. At first, I thought it had, but I, too, am no expert.

I guess it would be great if they were able to tie him to other cases and give closure to other families, but I would not be surprised if these girls were his first victims. I think it’s possible for perpetrators to harbor fantasies (and nurture and/or escalate them online) for years before acting out in real life.

It’s here, the proverbial “sources with firsthand knowledge” rears its head.

“Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.”

Yes, it was only from 4 hours ago:

The relevant part says:

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

Thanks!

Here is JH's explanation of how the first sketch came to be.

Delphi Murders CrimeCon Interview Transcript - CrimeLights

SGT. HOLEMAN: You can ask the tough questions, I’ll answer them. Again, it takes a lot of time. I’m not a sketch artist. The FBI actually–an agent from the FBI–did the sketch. And you know, I think when somebody sketches it takes like, 10 minutes [shakes head ‘no’]. It takes several weeks. But to get the information, to find the people that we believe saw that person that day near the time of the murders, that takes months. So we had to locate these people, interview them, find out who they really saw. Did they really see the guy on the bridge from the video, or did they see Mike out there helping search, or did they see somebody else out there helping with the search? So we had to identify those people, and once we felt like we identified the people that actually saw the guy on the bridge, then the sketch itself took, again, several weeks. They sketched it, looked at it, “No…that’s not correct”. I will say that she still–[Clarification note: he quickly corrects his use of ‘she’ to ‘they’]—they, there’s a couple people— still aren’t convinced that’s the proper hat, but that’s the hat that the sketch artist could come up with as close to what the witnesses were describing. And I know the Superintendent [Doug Carter] said “Don’t focus on the sketch”, and we got a lot of calls on that. I think what he meant to say was…you know, where there’s four or five of us up here right now and if we pick somebody out of room right now and identify them to a sketch artist, there would be five different sketches. They’d have the similar features, as we believe this sketch has of the guy on the bridge, but they’d be a little different. So I think that what he meant is the person that did this heinous crime may not exactly look like that sketch. That’s what the person’s information and then the sketch artist had to take that information in and then put it on paper. So it’s not always going to be perfect, but we think that’s a really good sketch, and we think it’s really close to the person that we’re looking for on the bridge.

Indeed. 'Twas a sketch, not a portrait. A remarkable result was achieved.

MOD NOTE:

PLEASE don't make me close the thread for cleanup. STOP responding to posts that violate TOS. If you do, then we have to cleanup yours, and anybody who responds to yours, too. Just report and move on.

Also, REDDIT is not allowed. I'M now cleaning multiple reddit RUMORS. STOP responding to them, stop asking for PMs, stop stop stop. Just report and move on.

Thanks,

Knitty

Yeah, it would have served two purposes:

It provided him with a bit of cover in case he was as spotted.

It fulfilled a need to insert himself into the investigation. This isn't uncommon among killers like this, as they both enjoy it, and are curious about what law enforcement may know.

Richard Chaney inserted himself in search parties here in Md looking for Elizabeth Metzler. My Dad was LE then, this happened early 70’s he scattered items of hers within 5 miles of were I lived and she was found 1 mile from me.

Deceased.

I'm listening to the latest episode of the Down the Hill podcast. I usually don't read or listen to media outside of MSM.

Are there other sources/podcasts that are approved for this case? If so, can someone list them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14