Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not find how to pm a mod a link for approval. TIA

A large amount of blood was lost by the victims at the crime scene,” the agent writes. “Because of the nature of the victim’s wounds, it is nearly certain the perpetrator of the crime would have gotten blood on his person/clothing.”

The document says authorities also found that two articles of clothing from one of the girls “…was missing from the crime scene while the rest of their clothing was recovered. It also appeared the girls’ bodies were moved and staged.”

Do we know if Abby had a phone with her that day? If so, was it ever recovered?

MSM tied KK to RA today

Russ McQuaid confirmed a search of Allen's home 2 weeks ago reportedly yielded evidence that led to his arrest. But he was also told Allen's name only resurfaced this summer about the time prosecutors in Miami County were in talks with Kegan Kline about a possible plea agreement. Kline was arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges. He was also communicating with Libby via a social media personae named Anthony Shots the night before she was murdered.

That wording is tricky. I think the wording came from phrasing told to the msm that way on purpose.

I think LE WANTS the public to think there was a connection with KK that led them to RA instead of admitting it was a lucky break and they were shocked. JmO

But the presser was pretty clear to me (reading between the lines almost) that they think RA was a lone wolf and they weren't expecting any more arrests in the murders. If there had been direct connection to a sx ring they've working on and focusing on for years, I don't think they'd miss a chance to let that be known. ImO

Last edited:
I had this theory that KAK and RA had to be connected because the chances of the girls being catfished then murdered by someone else was so low.

But then I got to thinking, how many arrests for predator behavior we’ve seen in this area DN, JBC, etc then we have RL who needed a false alibi, was in the area at the time of the murders and as of right now we don’t know that he was involved.

So it doesn’t seem like a huge stretch that RA could have acted alone.
With Libby having communicated with the a_shots account just a day prior to her murder, if there is no connection between KAK and RA, then KAK would have to be the unluckiest online catfisher - ever.

jmo

I was wondering how BG could not have been seen but by a couple of people and apparently not seen getting into a vehicle.

I wonder if he walked there from his house.

If so, he lived right along Bridge Creek which feeds into Deer Creek at the Monon Trail Bridge.

If he followed Bridge Creek from his house, he could pass under Route 25 and be basically undetected until he came up at the south end of the Monon Trail Bridge at the end of the bridge where the girls were.

He could have planned to march them down the hill to go to Bridge Creek but they ran and his plan was spoiled.

Here is a map I hammered out.

It's some work walking along a creek like that.. but there are always deer trails to make it easier.

View attachment 377425
I think it's very plausible he could have walked. One theory I have if he drove there: is he parked at the far end of the cemetery. I believe he got there mins before the girls did, hid until they got to a certain part of the bridge, abducted them, said down the hill, murdered them, moved their bodies across the creek (hoping to wash blood and anything else off), staged their bodies, and walked up towards the cemetery to get back to his vehicle.

When he got back to Indiana, he deleted several apps from his phones and put one of them in a microwave. Police were able to recover a great deal of information from his phones and other electronic devices.

I have one phone.
Is it normal to have multiple phones.
ELLEY MAE.... WOW, JUST WOW... Put the cell phone "in" the microwave? And all along I was under the impression he went into the kitchen and found it. (Under a loaf of bread or behind a cookie jar sort of scenario,) But, if he did try to nuke the cell in a microwave....like Det V said, "It just stacks and stacks." BTW, thank you for the link to the source of that info.
As I recall, KAK was really proud of how he could develop "on line menus" for restaurants...using his phone and only charged $250 for his tech skills. Who knew one could be so enterprising with just a cell phone and some tech skills? I wonder if he kept track of his customers, and edited their menus as new items were added? Hmmm. why do I keep harking back to "disseminate, share, show" whenever I waiver on his involvement?
Per ISP DCarter, "Oh they're watching." I don't think he was referring to the regular online sleuths. Would love to read what others think!
Forehead slap.... just thought about this. Maybe he sent out a warning to his contacts using that phone. Kind of like..."We've been discovered by LE." Site now shut down. Destroy your data bases...etc. Maybe they have code words to warn each other? Drop box data erased, too? Maybe smug KAK is not as smart as he thought he was?

Last edited:
They got KAK's IP from the SM company and then went to his ISP to find who the customer was. If there had been other associated IP's that the SM company provided that had logged into the A-Shots account, I assume they'd have been arrested also (perhaps they were and we simply don't know) and had their devices searched. Or it would at least have been a line of questioning in the interview.

Working in Info Sec myself, people who are in these online CSAM groups tend to be very conscious about the information they give away, you could be talking to and trading images/video etc with someone down the street but you'd both be very unlikely to reveal information that could identify where you live or who you are for the risk you're talking to law enforcement. Most of this tends to happen on the dark web, and the individuals commonly use Tor to hide their identity. KAK doesn't fit the profile for it IMO, being stupid enough to use these SM accounts using his own IP.

JMO.
I was thinking along similar lines myself this morning. I reread the 194 page interrogation of KAK and the forensic analysis of his devices. In all those pages there was something important missing. There was no involvement of Tor, a VPN, the dark web, bit torrents or peer to peer networking. KAK was using Instagram, MeetUp and SnapChat and a dropbox on the clear web to openly catfish young girls with no attempt to hide his ISP or cover his tracks. This is not the fingerprint of a member of a sophisticated CSAM ring.

This is the fingerprint of your average catfish who uses a fake profile and pictures of a hot guy/woman to talk intimately with and procure intimate pictures of people who would not give them the time of day in real life. KAK admits he catfished numerous young girls this way and had done so for years.

During the interrogation the investigator continued to hammer KAK with the fact that all the communication from the Anthony Shots account came from KAK's ISP, KAK's devices and KAK's location. There was a detailed conversation about possible friends or family members who may have had access to KAK's devices in the home, but no conversation that the Anthony Shots account had been accessed by anyone from a different ISP or device that was not KAK's.

It is not unusual for individuals arrested for CSAM to muddy the waters with the misdirection that others living in the home or friends who visited could have accessed the devices and committed the crime in the absence of their knowledge. LE led the interrogation in that direction themselves to get a jump on information KAK may try to use in his defense and it worked. KAK told him who lived where and when, who visited where and when, where KAK was and when, and so forth. The interrogation and forensics on the devices showed the presence of no one other than KAK and the young girls he was chatting with.

If KAK recently introduced RA into this equation LE should be mindful to consider everything KAK says as some kind of misdirection for his own gain and nothing he says about RA should be accepted as fact without independent verification.

Yes, real person living in Indiana this is just my opinion but pretty much identical to the ruse KK pulled with the AS persona.
...and possibly a real person living in Indiana who'd made use of the local CVS? Interesting to note the access RA might have enjoyed as a pharmacy tech to a spectrum of useful data harvested from people dropping off and picking up various prescriptions -- and photos.

I was thinking along similar lines myself this morning. I reread the 194 page interrogation of KAK and the forensic analysis of his devices. In all those pages there was something important missing. There was no involvement of Tor, a VPN, the dark web, bit torrents or peer to peer networking. KAK was using Instagram, MeetUp and SnapChat and a dropbox on the clear web to openly catfish young girls with no attempt to hide his ISP or cover his tracks. This is not the fingerprint of a member of a sophisticated CSAM ring.

This is the fingerprint of your average catfish who uses a fake profile and pictures of a hot guy/woman to talk intimately with and procure intimate pictures of people who would not give them the time of day in real life. KAK admits he catfished numerous young girls this way and had done so for years.

During the interrogation the investigator continued to hammer KAK with the fact that all the communication from the Anthony Shots account came from KAK's ISP, KAK's devices and KAK's location. There was a detailed conversation about possible friends or family members who may have had access to KAK's devices in the home, but no conversation that the Anthony Shots account had been accessed by anyone from a different ISP or device that was not KAK's.

It is not unusual for individuals arrested for CSAM to muddy the waters with the misdirection that others living in the home or friends who visited could have accessed the devices and committed the crime in the absence of their knowledge. LE led the interrogation in that direction themselves to get a jump on information KAK may try to use in his defense and it worked. KAK told him who lived where and when, who visited where and when, where KAK was and when, and so forth. The interrogation and forensics on the devices showed the presence of no one other than KAK and the young girls he was chatting with.

If KAK recently introduced RA into this equation LE should be mindful to consider everything KAK says as some kind of misdirection for his own gain and nothing he says about RA should be accepted as fact without independent verification.

Agree.
Looking like maybe RMA is a lot more sophisticated.

rbbm.
“My friends, they’ve lived here for multiple years now,” said Clint Rayn, who lives in Delphi. “Just the thought of him living so close in proximity, and they have a daughter too. I don’t know. It’s just sickening.”

Rayn told WISH-TV that it blew his mind when he first heard about the arrest. Other residents in the area who have spoken with Allen several times at the CVS said he was always friendly with customers.

Rayn said he now understands a little better why Indiana State Police are playing the case so close to the chest.

“Nobody was, literally like I am right now. Drove by his house to see where this guy lived. Someone who would kill two girls” Rayn said. “People aren’t harassing him and stuff. He didn’t have a chance to run.”

''And as the sun came up Tuesday, 22 hours later, it meant a new reality for the town that describes itself as "small town living, big town adventures." The unknown, now partly known, and the question of who, partly answered.

At the Stone House, a Main Street staple and one of the few restaurants in town, there wasn't much chatter about the announcement, but the quiet seemed to say everything: relief. The non-stop questions since teenagers Abby and Libby were found dead near a creek just outside of town would continue, but for today, just for a while, it was about understanding the new phase of a case that's drawn worldwide attention.''

''The arrest also provides a new path forward for investigators, who are still asking the public for help, and were adamant during their news conference that the investigation is far from over.''

''Allen pleaded not guilty in an initial hearing. He has a pretrial hearing scheduled for January and a trial date set for March. Efforts to find an attorney representing Allen have so far been unsuccessful.''

<snipped for focus> Efforts to find an attorney representing Allen have so far been unsuccessful.''
Looks like reporters are trying to find out if KA has an attorney yet, but they haven't been able to find out. I wonder if the attorney who is representing KA does not want his or her identity disclosed at this time. I would think he would have had to have an attorney at his arraignment when he pleaded not guilty.

I am amazed they are struggling to find somebody who will take his case. I would have thought a case like this lawyers would want the publicity of such a high profile case.

MOO
He may have an initial/temporary attorney while they work on getting him a long term attorney, and the initial attorney does not want his or her identity disclosed, and perhaps that is why the media is having trouble finding out who that is. Speculation only.

When they headed to the trails that day, what was Libby wearing exactly?
I agree. Very, very brazen. It's mind-blowing. This has bothered me from day one. And where were the girls during the search? How could they have been so close but not discovered by any searchers? How did no one see him during the murders or while moving/ staging the bodies? I just can't comprehend how this happened with people around.
police have said they were killed where they were found. But we’re they really there the whole time? Any chance he took them elsewhere and returned to kill them there later? It was dark. Very dark and Libby’s gtan once said all you could see were other flashlights everywhere that night. Any chance he was able to move them then bring them back?

If they lost a lot of blood and were posed and the area staged then I still wonder how searchers didn’t realize what they’d stumbled on when the kids were found?

I think it's probable the girls saw BG somewhere before they started crossing the bridge. They could have just felt a little uneasy by his presence. Maybe he was actually walking in the woods not on the trail? Then they make it over to the other side and are distracted taking pictures and posting, just talking having fun. They see someone in the distance crossing over and as he gets close they recognise him as the creepy guy they saw earlier. Libby starts to record him...probably to show her Dad when he picks them up? This is why we're late, had to wait to cross back?
Libby and Abby must have been very observant. I sometimes wonder whether simply seeing a man walking around on the trail or in the woods would cause them to be uneasy. It was a place where people did exactly that.

Did they actually talk to the killer before he then approached them and pulled out a weapon? Most introductions start with a name, even if it is a fake one. It does not appear the killer talked to the girls before he approached them.

Maybe it had something to do with bridge guy's appearance? I thought bridge guy might have a very unique and distinct face. The current suspect does have the type of cheek bone facial features that are similar to the man on the bridge. There does not seem to be anything else unique about his face.

But even today I when I look at the video of the man on the bridge I see someone with a large torso, short legs, wearing a blue windbreaker jacket along with a floppy ear swiss army type hat on their head. They look like based on where a possible gun is located in their windbreaker jacket that they may be left-handed. It goes to show that in every case, people see things differently.

There’s a lot of misinformation flying around these threads that really needs to be addressed.

When we say the bodies were moved we are not talking about moving them to a secondary location.

To be clear, Abby and Libby were found at the location of their murders.

LE believes their bodies were moved to facilitate posing/staging by the Killer. Think repositioned, rearranged, adjusted, maybe dragged a bit.

This information is clearly stated in the RL Search Warrant.

Secondly, KAK did NOT put a phone IN the microwave. He claimed he forgot about that particular phone and found it on TOP of the microwave. He subsequently handed it over to LE but it had been reset I believe.

This information comes from the KAK Interrogation Document.

If I am wrong on any of this please set me straight. Thnx

I am amazed they are struggling to find somebody who will take his case. I would have thought a case like this lawyers would want the publicity of such a high profile case.

MOO
I think it means the media can't find out who his attorney is, not that there is a struggle to find someone willing to represent him. IMO, he's likely to have an attorney appointed by the court and those public defenders can't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz