Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
contained in an officers vehicle or being questioned and detained with an officer like a normal raid makes sense to me. Compared to being in a personal vehicle that contains personal effects. There could be hidden weapons, suicide pills etc,etc.

But if he wasn’t under Arrest then they couldn’t question him?

I don’t think they had anything on him until they got test results back from the house imo

Another one bites the dust. Just listening to gray Hughes and immediately stop watching when he says that Tony kline bashed his step kids head in the toilet and bit the mom. As this is not what is said in kegan interview at all. On page 175, DC talks about this in relation to a recent case.....

Link... Murder Sheet Kegan Kline Redacted Statement.pdf

it starts with him telling kegan about it at the bottom of page 175....

"We had this case awhile back and umm this guy had, this fricking little kid was uh in the bathroom and uh overflowed the toilet. So he yells for help and uh the dad gets pissed off, comes at the kid, mom intervenes. The dad punches the mother. You know she runs away, he chases her down, hits her, bites her in the stomach, runs back inside, slams the kids head into the toilet, fractures his orbital socket puts him upside down and starts dunking his head in the overflowed toilet."

Kegan remarked "Jesus Christ" following this story from the officer. Then he is asked what he thinks should happen to the man who committed that crime. Kegan says (paraphrasing) he should be hung.

Yet gray Hughes brought this story up as if it was about TK and the bite means TK gets some sexual pleasure from this. Wow. Wouldn't have expected this from him.
Sometimes parts of his podcasts get off topic.
I don't think that would have happened in such a small town. They would ask where he lived and worked and they could check his fingerprints if they had any doubts. I think he was cleared because they checked him out and found no criminal history , he worked at the local pharmacy and was a family man.

If he tried to use an alias none of that info would have checked out.
I agree but its in the context of the check, yes its a small town, but there are 3000 people so blending in maybe or the stolen ID hasn't been reported stolen at that time? More than likely you are correct in your assumption. But when someone wants to evade police they will do naything. So maybe this perp found many unique ways. It appears he did he was right there so rhere has to be some reason he went so long without being even a POI. As I said before this is a very serious case so the perp evaded somehow not just by not being in an LE database.

I am bringing this forward from ISP. This has the BG photo, video, and audio. For some reason the video clip appears a little clearer now than when it was first released. I am sure it is probably the same, and it is most likely just me. I believe the girls were out of school that day because they hadn't used any snow days that year. I will have to say that part is just MOO because I have been trying to find original articles from around 2/14/17 but it's early and I haven't had my favorite wake me up yet :)

I also believe there will be a change of venue. The only question is will the court go to that venue, or will they transport jurors to Carroll County. Wonder how many courtrooms Carroll County has.
I lived in another “small town” in Indiana (9,000). Their courtroom could be considered an open office area with tables and chairs. Couldn’t fit more than 30 people. Small towns deal primarily with misdemeanors, not felony charges.

Another one bites the dust. Just listening to gray Hughes and immediately stop watching when he says that Tony kline bashed his step kids head in the toilet and bit the mom. As this is not what is said in kegan interview at all. On page 175, DC talks about this in relation to a recent case.....

Link... Murder Sheet Kegan Kline Redacted Statement.pdf

it starts with him telling kegan about it at the bottom of page 175....

"We had this case awhile back and umm this guy had, this fricking little kid was uh in the bathroom and uh overflowed the toilet. So he yells for help and uh the dad gets pissed off, comes at the kid, mom intervenes. The dad punches the mother. You know she runs away, he chases her down, hits her, bites her in the stomach, runs back inside, slams the kids head into the toilet, fractures his orbital socket puts him upside down and starts dunking his head in the overflowed toilet."

Kegan remarked "Jesus Christ" following this story from the officer. Then he is asked what he thinks should happen to the man who committed that crime. Kegan says (paraphrasing) he should be hung.

Yet gray Hughes brought this story up as if it was about TK and the bite means TK gets some sexual pleasure from this. Wow. Wouldn't have expected this from him.

This story & others about TK were told in detail in interview with the victim, Tk’s former stepchild

I think the confusion about "felony murder" is coming up because people keep providing examples of how felony murder can be used to prosecute a conspiracy. It can be! But that's not always how it is used.

In this case, Doug Carter said they believed they arrested the person who murdered Abby and Libby. He didn't say they arrested someone who may have been involved in an underlying felony conspiracy.

Based on what was released, I believe LE thinks RA is BG and RA actually physically murdered Abby and Libby. I think they are charging felony murder because they believe the evidence is overwhelming to prove at least the elements for 35-42-1-1(2) so they went with it. They want him in jail with no bond! Whether other people may be tangentially involved is an open question and we will see if additional indictments come down. But I think LE arrested the person they believe they can prove actually physically killed the girls. This case is too big to play games.

(2) is as much MURDER as (1). It just has different elements.

I realize that all of these factors come into play. I still have also another question since dawn usually starts before 5am and dusk begins after 7pm or 8pm that would cut the search time to actually 8 or 9 hours before finding them. Since they didn't know the location of the girls bodies yet did they have LE patrolling the area? I realize its a large area. But couldn't someone move them there during those hours. I mean this is so bold what happened to Libby and Abby what's to say the move and posing didn't happen later? I suppose if its dark then the perp/s couldn't see that would be obvious. I just keep coming back to the fact that no one saw anything. It really is difficult to get over that one. Another thing is if Libby's phone was in her pocket then how did the perp/s not notice it? I mean it was very violent so her phone didn't get damaged or fall out. I wonder if Libby dropped her phone before the location so it could be found? Why didn't her phone ping there if it was concealed somewhere in Libby's clothes? I'm sure Libby wouldn't have turned her phone off so where exactly did it ping? Is reception spotty in the area?
In Delphi, Indiana in February the sun rose at 7:40 am and set at 6:20 pm: Sunrise and sunset times in Delphi, Indiana - February 2017

So I think they had less light to search by than you estimate (if that's what you were getting at). Having said that, though the public was told to go home, there were teams searching all night in the vicinity of the trails. Were they scouring RL's property? Perhaps not, since as I mentioned before the suspicion of LE was that the girls fell off the bridge, fell down a steep slope, fell in the creek, etc after that late night info about the phone ping. I don't think they had LE "patrolling" for someone dumping victims since that scenario was not in their minds as a possibility.

We only know from LE that Libby's phone was in the vicinity of the crime scene, we don't know that it was specifically in her pocket. And reception is reportedly spotty in the area. But even so, and people who are better at explaining the way phone pings work than I am can tackle this one, with the number of cell tower sites Delphi had at that time, a ping was not going to return an exact location for the device but instead give a much wider area (could even be many miles) to search in.

I am bringing this forward from ISP. This has the BG photo, video, and audio. For some reason the video clip appears a little clearer now than when it was first released. I am sure it is probably the same, and it is most likely just me. I believe the girls were out of school that day because they hadn't used any snow days that year. I will have to say that part is just MOO because I have been trying to find original articles from around 2/14/17 but it's early and I haven't had my favorite wake me up yet :)

I don't know much about criminal law, but I just thought that they were calling it Felony Murder in case they can't actually prove that he was the one who pulled the trigger, held the knife or whatever was used. As long as they can prove that he was at least involved in kidnapping them, he would also be legally responsible for their deaths. MOO

I think the confusion about "felony murder" is coming up because people keep providing examples of how felony murder can be used to prosecute a conspiracy. It can be! But that's not always how it is used.

In this case, Doug Carter said they believed they arrested the person who murdered Abby and Libby. He didn't say they arrested someone who may have been involved in an underlying felony conspiracy.

Based on what was released, I believe LE thinks RA is BG and RA actually physically murdered Abby and Libby. I think they are charging felony murder because they believe the evidence is overwhelming to prove at least the elements for 35-42-1-1(2) so they went with it. They want him in jail with no bond! Whether other people may be tangentially involved is an open question and we will see if additional indictments come down. But I think LE arrested the person they believe they can prove actually physically killed the girls. This case is too big to play games.

(2) is as much MURDER as (1). It just has different elements.

This makes sense to me, and cuts off possible defences relating to intent.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #154.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1