Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that RA and KAK both found themselves in that area that day? It seems like there has to be more than a "gave the password" to others connection. If there was chatter between these monsters, then, it may be that one of them was supposed to meet up and the other was there to get a vicarious thrill. I wonder if RA was the vicarious thrill guy who failed to control his impulses in interacting and trying to lure them which led to killing and possibly assaulting them sexually. It doesn't feel like this is going to be a simple point A to murder story to me, especially given that evidence like books and materials were taken from that house all this time after. I am going to guess that there are pictures/photos (remember he works at CVS --he is supposed to be on the team that looks out for *advertiser censored* photos) and other materials that have been gotten through differing sources. I don't know if it is a ring or a resource sharing group of pervs but I can't see this being one man with no other connections.

I’m pretty sure she did have it in selfie mode which is why it was such poor quality. I remember this being discussed a few years ago, it seems the experts had said if she’d used the back facing camera it would have been better quality and gotten a clearer picture. But seems she was trying to be discreet and didn’t feel safe letting him know she was recording.

The pic wasn’t a selfie, it was a still frame from the video she took.

BBM
“…The key evidence in the case is a video that was taken by Libby, likely in the moments before her death.

Although the full context of what took place on that video has never been released, Libby German has been heralded a “hero” for having the presence of mind to begin recording.

The full video and audio have never been shared, but investigators say it was taken during "suspected criminal activity."

Investigators have released two grainy images from that video that shows a man we’re to believe was behind the girls on that bridge, a short clip of that man walking, an audio recording of a man — presumably the same one — saying “Guys. Down the hill” and two sketches from possible witnesses in the area the day the girls were murdered…..”

Last edited:
I think he's wrong about the AA being withheld from the defense, but If he is correct, I've seen that happen before too.

In the Kelsey Berreth murder case, the AA was initially withheld from his team, as they were worried about the potential for other suspects, and also feared the accused would go after witnesses.
Refresh my memory...in the Suzanne Morphew case, was the AA withheld from the defense or just the public? IIRC it was withheld for months, or longer, correct?

Honestly, I'm just glad we have a suspect now. Police fumbling is so common in these kinds of cases that I was convinced this would never be solved.
The ISP didnt tell the public a lot of information while making bold claims and I for a long time assumed incompetence. Now, I guess it's because they just didn't want any anonymous tips from a legion of ignorant redditors that just waste time as a result of giving too much details.

The ISP didnt tell the public a lot of information while making bold claims and I for a long time assumed incompetence. Now, I guess it's because they just didn't want any anonymous tips from a legion of ignorant redditors that just waste time as a result of giving too much details.
Fair enough. I appreciate your input.

Maybe all KAK was able to give LE was a username. KAK and RA didn't necessarily have to know each other personally, or even each other's real names. KAK seemed to catfish locally, and he was getting girls' addresses. Maybe he was link sharing with other local users. Just a random thought. I still think some kind of stalking could have been possible.

What are the odds that RA and KAK both found themselves in that area that day? It seems like there has to be more than a "gave the password" to others connection. If there was chatter between these monsters, then, it may be that one of them was supposed to meet up and the other was there to get a vicarious thrill. I wonder if RA was the vicarious thrill guy who failed to control his impulses in interacting and trying to lure them which led to killing and possibly assaulting them sexually. It doesn't feel like this is going to be a simple point A to murder story to me, especially given that evidence like books and materials were taken from that house all this time after. I am going to guess that there are pictures/photos (remember he works at CVS --he is supposed to be on the team that looks out for *advertiser censored* photos) and other materials that have been gotten through differing sources. I don't know if it is a ring or a resource sharing group of pervs but I can't see this being one man with no other connections.
Wait. Where is it confirmed KAK was “in that area that day?”

I've followed true crime for decades, and have always read that the pattern between spouses of (suddenly revealed) murderers and the spouses of someone who had an affair, are very similar. Also, very similar to the stages/levels of grief that people experience with the loss of a close loved one, as well as what some call "survivor's guilt".

So basically, shock, anger, sorrow, denial, guilt ("how could I not know?!") but not always in that order, and sometimes all the stages come and go several times. Since most people assume they know their spouse quite well, it's deeply unsettling when they find out he (or she) was living this other, unspeakable life, doing these other, unspeakable things. Their lives, and what they thought was their reality is completely shattered. I've watched interviews with some people in this situation and the things they say (while utterly heartbreaking) always seem to confirm this sort of pattern. To say these folks are victims as well, is really quite accurate.

jmo
That’s interesting.

Bargaining is sometimes considered another stage coming after denial. I can see how that might factor in too.

Websleuths has an active KK thread for those interested in Kegan Kline. Lots of details.
Here is the link:

Last edited:
This reminds me of an incident that happened when I was a teenager. I worked concessions at a National Park and got to know a lot of the Park Rangers. During a my two years working there for a Summer job there were a number of arson incidents going on during that time inside the park. During a Winter break I had a friend visiting me from school and I took him on a tour of the park. We ran into one of the Rangers during our drive that I knew and stopped to have a chat. During that chat I told him that I heard some jerk ( I used a different word) was running around the park and setting fires. He nodded his head and made some throw aside comment. I didn't think anything of it and we went on our way.

The next Summer I heard he had shot himself at the park not too long after our encounter and it turned out that HE was the arsonist!!! He was disgruntled with the Park Service and had set the fires. He laid it all out in his suicide note. Dude seemed like a nice guy and I had almost weekly contact with him during the Summer. Thinking back we were in an isolated part of the park when we stopped and spoke. He could have easily taken us if he wanted too after I made the comment.

You just NEVER know who is who and what they are capable of. I learned a big lesson from that! It's best to keep your opinions to yourself sometimes.
Can you imagine what went on in RA's household between the investigators digging in his backyard and the time of the arrest?

Can you imagine what went on in RA's household between the investigators digging in his backyard and the time of the arrest?
That report today indicated that his arrest was due at least in part, to evidence discovered during that search.

Whatever that evidence was, he would know that law enforcement had it. I think, and hope, that his final days of freedom were filled with thoughts of his impending doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal