Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, very behind, :( , I’m sure this has been discussed, but just wanted to say I wonder if all this could potentially also tie into any illegal prescription narcotics stuff/ring, specifically percosets, hydrocodone, Xanax, Valium, morphine, maybe stimulants, tranquilizers, benzos, fentanyl patches, etc. I’m sure that’s all being investigated, but I wouldn’t surprised if any involvement in that comes out too.

Last edited:
MissMalowe

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful response.

I understand your interest and realize I reached past the immediate topic and down the rabbit hole a bit.

Let me please answer to this and put it into proper context for you.
I see this looks to you like I went against my own statement but it’s not that simple.

My friend was murdered in her very early 20s. It was horrific and traumatic and there were no answers for decades so many prayers went into this and then I petitioned to police to check into the case and the most incredible and competent detectives in a well-funded department were able to run well preserved DNA from the crime scene through CODIS and there was a hit.
It was a miracle and an answer to prayer and the result of the most amazing work by true professionals.
But I will tell you that I honestly and thoroughly advocated for my friend. I told the detective about how many years so many of us had suffered without answers.
I asked the detective what needed to be done and I listened and then I asked the detective to please prioritize this case and I followed up.

This was all quite a few years ago when it was much more expensive and less commonplace so it was all very miraculous to put a face on our monster with a DNA “hit”.
Detectives assured me that upon arrest the perp was not remorseful, not cooperative and he pleaded non guilty despite all the evidence against him. He had no empathy toward the victim, and was only self-consumed.

After many more months there was a trial.

One day, after many days (weeks even) of uninterruptedly attending the criminal trial and with no prior warning, I was told by either my friend’s family or someone from the DAs office that I may want to leave the courtroom for a few hours as I may find some pictorial evidence disturbing. I was surprised to see all of my friend’s family members were leaving but I made an immediate decision to stay because I felt extremely vested in the case and I felt that if all my friend’s family members were leaving then who would be there that was an advocate for my friend among a roomful of strangers.
I had no earthly idea that full nude photos of my deceased friend would be shown on a big screen.
I didn’t get that memo!

I will reiterate my humble opinion that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN POLICE DETECTIVES, FBI AGENTS, THE DA AND STAFF, THE JUDGE, THE JURY, THE DEFENDANT AND HIS COUNSEL should be privy to photos like this.
You or I wouldn’t want our naked body on full display of strangers who happen to show up in a courtroom someday. A victim should be protected from private photos being shown in the public confines of an open courtroom with a larger than life BIG SCREEN hanging from the wall.
It is simply wrong, indecent and unnecessary. It is a gross invasion of privacy and being a victim should not mean that you are re-victimized by being put on public display.
It is quite literally being stripped of your dignity.
Imho there should be a line firmly drawn.

There was absolutely no reason that I needed to see that or that the members of the press that were present needed to see that or that the voyeurs who made their way into the courtroom that day needed to see that.

It is a matter of decency, decorum, tastefulness and ethics.
THE SYSTEM LET ME DOWN AND IT LET MY FRIEND DOWN and it was shameful.
I was told that often these images are kept private in trials.
I don’t know if this is the judge making this decision or the DA- I’m not trained in the law- but KUDOS to the powers that be that choose to protect our victims in this way.

It is something that has grated on me for years and there must be a way to change the laws to better preserve the dignity of a victim and of course those living- the family and friends of a victim- should be protected from this violation of privacy as well.
It is an indescribable feeling of violation and ickiness that most of us (thankfully) will never have to suffer.

I bring this up because I feel it pertains directly to Abby & Libby’s case.
Praying that their dignity and their privacy will be conscientiously preserved.
I totally agree with you its awful, however, sadly the photos speak words unfortunately. Sadly those are the words of the victim IMO. Juries,judges, prosecutors, lawyers who are in the courtroom viewing the photos will empathize with the victim so its extremely important for that reason, obviously not that these people don't already, but the visual unfortunately is very powerful to get the victim's side out there to convict the perp if there's any doubt it just builds on the evidence presented already. It is a horrible experience I'm sure, sadly and I feel for those who are brave enough to stay (friends and family.) It must be excruciating. So very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn’t have said it better. Thank you so much. The Indiana establishment needs to stop clinging on to this in the way they have.
They can redact info that is pertinant to the investigation since it is very serious that the judge fears for his safety and my question is why is that so. This is an official we are talking about the fact that he fears for his and his family's safety is VERY concerning IMO. I feel perhaps this case may be related to a bigger picture than what is being presented on the surface and perhaps the authorities know this and don't want to alarm the public.

Bringing forward reference links from November 3 2022 for those of us trying to keep up/catching up, since I happen to have them open in Media Thread #2

Last edited:
Unexpected response to reporter’s questions about Ron Logan at 1:35, imo.

In other words he doesn’t reject it, when he has an opp to do so, and let the memory of a dead man rest.

I realize they won’t “clear” anyone publicly, but just thought since he’s dead, they might let that be known that they’ve moved on or whatever, out of respect for his memory.

Last edited:
I think this is one of those rare cases where the article is wrong. Whoever wrote it probably is not that familiar with the case and leaped to a wrong conclusion based on the RL warrant.

Here is Leazenby answering a direct question about if the girls were killed somewhere else:

Question. Has it been determined the girls were killed where they were found?

Answer. Based on information known, yes.

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet
Q In your professional opinion, would you describe the deaths of the six females as “planned”?

A. No. Rather, “victims of circumstance or opportunity.” Additionally, ISP is the lead with the Flora investigation. Our agency is not actively involved with that investigation.
I find the italsizes part concerning. Opportunity? That is never good because it can mean so many things Random for one.

Othram gave name to one more Jane Doe.

It suddenly hit me that in 1994, RA was 22. Maybe one should look not at the recent murders, but for women murdered/disappeared in Indiana much earlier? (Found under the bridge...maybe not this one,, but a similar case)

Post 414 last thread. Wow if someone yells or other noise can be heard for miles. That's why I was asking Did Abby and Libby not scream? Perhaps a gun was not used then. Maybe a knife? IDK these are the questions that make me question some aspects of this case. Was it really one person. Did the perp hae help? I realize the population is only 3000 people and some people have not been to the area while living in the town so perhaps not many people were out there that day it was a work weekday. The perp/s was/were very bold.

IDK things can be redacted and Logan could be a coincedence that the judge recused himself. I don't think it has to do with a conspiracy I think it is a valid reason to recuse oneself as an official. I understand the judge refrenced sealing it and the public being upset, but if it can be redacted then what's the fear at least its not sealed. Is the public upset because the suspect lived amongst them and could have been a danger to them?

May I ask a quick question? I've only been following this case sporadically, but I was under the impression that everything happened where the girls were found. However, this article from 10/31/22 states:

"... Abby and Libby are believed to have been killed in another location, before their murderer then moved their bodies to where they were found, the surfaced documents show. ..."

Am I mistaken about everything happening "on site"?

Thanks! (Hopefully Yahoo is an approved source. If it's not, my sincere apologies. Is there a list of approved sources somewhere, for future reference? I looked and looked, but didn't find one.)
The article is taking the words moved and staged out of context, that's all. Moved Just means that they were not located where the act took place. This could be as little as a couple of feet. Keep in mind, when the PD is investigating a murder, they are looking at patterns. We've all seen detective shows, where they are using string to decipher which direction a bullet came from, or blood spatter, etc. They use pooling blood, drag marks etc. It only means that they were moved from where the incident happened specifically, not that they were moved from an entire other location.

They can redact info that is pertinant to the investigation since it is very serious that the judge fears for his safety and my question is why is that so. This is an official we are talking about the fact that he fears for his and his family's safety is VERY concerning IMO. I feel perhaps this case may be related to a bigger picture than what is being presented on the surface and perhaps the authorities know this and don't want to alarm the public.

The judge was bombarded with demands to release info from the PUBLIC. He was not in fear of RA, or any associates. The public outrage of the the documents being sealed. His phone, including his home phone, has probably rang off the hook around the clock since the news came out that they were not releasing any details. It's no big conspiracy, just a small town judge with a small staff, getting hammered by armchair legal experts. As much as our curiosity dictates that we are all a little nosey, people should just let the system take it's course.

One thing the judge - in his transfer and recusal order - seems to have gone out of his way to highlight is that RA is innocent until proven guilty. I found that the most intriguing part of a very long-winded order; I mean it should be obvious to the world that it is true re innocence until guilt, but it’s almost as if he wanted to - possibly and only IMO - remind the public that there may be more to this than we think.

Re RA "not cooperating...".

I would be surprised if he confessed right away.
If there is death penalty involved, he might wait for an offer to take it off.

I guess it all depends on the evidence Police have.
Maybe he hopes the evidence is weak?

If it is 100% linking him to the murders (DNA), then his pleading not guilty does not matter.

Although pleading guilty might spare the families the horrors of a trial.

I think the Prosecution is under immense pressure due to the public's attention to this horrifying case.

Moo

Last edited:
Re RA "not cooperating...".

I would be surprised if he confessed right away.
If there is death penalty involved, he might wait for an offer to take it off.

I guess it all depends on the evidence Police got.
Maybe he hopes the evidence is weak?

If it is 100% linking him to the murders (DNA), then his pleading not guilty does not matter.

I think the Prosecution is under immense pressure due to public attention to this horrifying case.

Moo
I very much hope that LE is continually reminding him of his right to remain silent and to have the presence of an attorney. We don't want anything questioned or thrown out at trial, so let him sit there and not cooperate. Jmo.

Are you maybe thinking of KAK (the CSAM case) saying he was waiting in a Jeep? That came from the Murder Sheet podcast, who said a "source" told them that this is what KAK had told LE.
Yes! I meant him. Need more coffee!
Thanks for waking me up.
So, we don’t really know if he really said that since it’s hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3