Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK things can be redacted and Logan could be a coincedence that the judge recused himself. I don't think it has to do with a conspiracy I think it is a valid reason to recuse oneself as an official. I understand the judge refrenced sealing it and the public being upset, but if it can be redacted then what's the fear at least its not sealed. Is the public upset because the suspect lived amongst them and could have been a danger to them?
What does that mean? Or what are you referring to? Logan could be a coincidence that the judge recused himself?

LE & interested non-LE could certainly be willing to receive voluntarily offered info from all the men of Delphi who wanted to help narrow down the list & get the crime solved.

In fact it was my understanding that they did this - set up a spot to take DNA from all local men who stepped up to submit it for this purpose…. does anyone else remember that? Moo

LE & non-LE could also observe which local men declined to participate in such efforts.

Moreover generally anything a person wouldn’t expect to be private is fair game for LE, no warrant reqd & no “illegal search.” This includes DNA-covered trash put out at the curb of one’s home & the sound of one’s voice when speaking in public.

Americans’ rights against intrusive search are strong, but as they say the Constitution isn’t a suicide pact
That's an awful game to play that if you don't give up your dna to authorities that you're suddenly "suspect". Imo

That could get into some serious 4th amendment issues.

LE & interested non-LE could certainly be willing to receive voluntarily offered info from all the men of Delphi who wanted to help narrow down the list & get the crime solved.

In fact it was my understanding that they did this - set up a spot to take DNA from all local men who stepped up to submit it for this purpose…. does anyone else remember that? Moo

LE & non-LE could also observe which local men declined to participate in such efforts.

Moreover generally anything a person wouldn’t expect to be private is fair game for LE, no warrant reqd & no “illegal search.” This includes DNA-covered trash put out at the curb of one’s home & the sound of one’s voice when speaking in public.

Americans’ rights against intrusive search are strong, but as they say the Constitution isn’t a suicide pact
It's not a suicide pact. Which is why the founders included a way to amend it. Not ignore it.

I’ve not heard of voluntary DNA swabs to compare with DNA from the scene.
If that happened, that would be thousands. If the goal is to catch perps there is an obviously better use of funds. Tens of thousands of rape kits sit on shelves waiting to be processed, some for months, others for years. RA’s DNA could be sitting in a kit on a shelf. This would explain why he has no record, but may have other victims.
A Google search says over 100,000 rape kits sit on shelves unprocessed due to backlog, lack of funding
That is one huge reason monsters walk among us

That's an awful game to play that if you don't give up your dna to authorities that you're suddenly "suspect". Imo

That could get into some serious 4th amendment issues.

I know what you’re saying & i hear ya, but 4th Amdmt jurisprudence is pretty well developed & the law is the law.

I didn’t mean to say anyone is “suspect” in the example I gave… just that LEO officers aren’t required to turn off their human powers of observation when interacting with the public. Otherwise there’d never be any such thing as a “hunch”!

As much as we cherish our individual rights in this country, we also have an interest in preventing crime & catching criminals

If it makes you feel any better about it….. big tech etc now have surveillance powers beyond Joseph Stalin’s wildest dreams. The owners of TikTok know more about our children than we ever will. It’s not necessarily a better or safer society if we keep LE locked in the last century…

In fact JMO I’ve come to believe that what kept this crime unsolved for so so long is LE (& the law overall)’s inability to keep up with the pace of tech’s growth & change
MOO

If that happened, that would be thousands. If the goal is to catch perps there is an obviously better use of funds. Tens of thousands of rape kits sit on shelves waiting to be processed, some for months, others for years. RA’s DNA could be sitting in a kit on a shelf. This would explain why he has no record, but may have other victims.
A Google search says over 100,000 rape kits sit on shelves unprocessed due to backlog, lack of funding

Ok Def possible I misremembered that about Delphi! …. but just to say, with a population of 3000, every male in town including those way out of the age range would yield 1500 samples

I know what you’re saying & i hear ya, but 4th Amdmt jurisprudence is pretty well developed & the law is the law.

I didn’t mean to say anyone is “suspect” in the example I gave… just that LEO officers aren’t required to turn off their human powers of observation when interacting with the public. Otherwise there’d never be any such thing as a “hunch”!

As much as we cherish our individual rights in this country, we also have an interest in preventing crime & catching criminals

If it makes you feel any better about it….. big tech etc now have surveillance powers beyond Joseph Stalin’s wildest dreams. The owners of TikTok know more about our children than we ever will. It’s not necessarily a better or safer society if we keep LE locked in the last century…

In fact JMO I’ve come to believe that what kept this crime unsolved for so so long is LE (& the law overall)’s inability to keep up with the pace of tech’s growth & change
MOO
Based on your logic it would be ok for all citizens to give DNA to the government so criminals could more easily be caught. I say No.
If LE wants my DNA then they can get a warrant. If they can’t there is a problem.
If you want to catch offenders, paying to run all the SA kits would be a great start.
A victim went to a hospital and did the undignified thing as to submit to have a SA kit run. This woman, man, or child was victimized repeatedly. By the perp, by the SA kit process, and by the system that still hasn’t run the kit.
If you want to be angry at a system- that system has earned our anger

Assume the critical evidence needed to arrest Allen came from investigation into online sex predator groups. What LE uncovered included many other perps. LE had to keep things quiet about RA until they could lure in and arrest the rest of these creeps. Otherwise, they would have scattered from their online group. Good work! There are probably still a lot of these human cockroaches in the dark corners of the internet, but at least they took a few more off the street & internet.
Yep, and Greenwood Indiana is ironically one of the places RA lived.....granted it was many years ago but still creepy.

Why did they waste anyones time with those absurd sketches when they could’ve been covering the town with LITERAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE MURDERER
You mean like with billboards and stuff? Videos of the actual killer?

You mean like with billboards and stuff? Videos of the actual killer?

No I mean just what I wrote - the BG pics hung everywhere in Delphi instead of the sketches

That drawing of Justin Timberlake aka YBG was apparently hanging in CVS - RMA must’ve laughed every time he looked at it

Can you imagine how he would’ve been squirming & sweating if instead it had been two actual photographs of him??
IMO

Eta … weird typos / autocorrect…. I’ve been here too long haha

Based on your logic it would be ok for all citizens to give DNA to the government so criminals could more easily be caught. I say No.
If LE wants my DNA then they can get a warrant. If they can’t there is a problem.
If you want to catch offenders, paying to run all the SA kits would be a great start.
A victim went to a hospital and did the undignified thing as to submit to have a SA kit run. This woman, man, or child was victimized repeatedly. By the perp, by the SA kit process, and by the system that still hasn’t run the kit.
If you want to be angry at a system- that system has earned our anger

It’s not “my logic,” it’s an explanation of the state of the law & some of the thinking behind it! HTH

The conversation between @Marie A and @MissMalowe strikes a chord with me.

First, @Marie A, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and I admire that you advocated for her. @MissMalowe's point resonates deeply with me, as well.

IMO being displayed in the nude without our permission, particularly when deceased and helpless, is a terrible last violation of the victim.

I agree that pictures such as this are integral to the case and must be confined to the jury, lawyers and judge. NO BIG SCREEN, just handouts to those who must view it as evidence.

For Abby and Libby, however they were staged or posed, however they were or were not clothed in death, I would never want that to be on a full screen for reporters et.al. to see. Who knows if it would leak out somehow and then other CSAM perverts would be able to view it somewhere? That IMO would just infinitely multiply their tragedy for the sick pleasure of others, beyond RA and any others if anyone else was involved.

I would not want my family to view those pictures if it were me, and I hope each individual in the Williams and German families can make his or her own personal decision regarding this, as I believe they have done with the rest of Libby's video footage.

I hope the rest of that footage is never made public if it indeed shows the attack on the girls.

I know it was a different circumstance for Kobe Bryant but just thinking how those pictures of him in death were shown around makes me nauseous thinking it could happen to the girls.

Jmo

Yep, and Greenwood Indiana is ironically one of the places RA lived.....granted it was many years ago but still creepy
No I mean just what I wrote - the BG pics hung everywhere in Delphi instead of the sketches

That drawing of Justin Timberlake aka YBG was apparently hanging in CVS - RMA must’ve laughed every time he looked at it

Can you imagine how he would’ve been squirming & sweating if instead it had been two actual photographs of him??
IMO

Eta … weird typos / autocorrect…. I’ve been here too long haha
There were no photographs taken of Bridge Guy.
What was taken was a video by Libby of Abby, BG was in the top corner. Libby did not take a video of BG alone. The video was split into individual images and some were chosen for still shots- Abby was cropped out. The pixels are so very low because it is a corner of a larger video image. When you watch the entire sequence you’ll see a dark object pop into one side and then out, that is Abby’s jacket as she moved in the video.
That is why you can’t blow up that BG footage or make it clearer.
I’ve always imagined it being a video that was shot not long after the still image of Abby on the bridge, but I’m not sure the sequence or the location on the bridge where the video and images were taken.
There is a YT creator that explains the process of what was done, pretty brave and insightful of Libby, and also heartbreaking

Well, I remember when there was murder in a village in my country - Police took DNA samples of all adult male villagers.

Was it illegal? IDK.

But all of them agreed to give samples.

It turned out, the murderer was not local.

Maybe you are right.

But with having voice sample (and voice is unique for each of us), and RA being local - he was simply at arm's length for LE :(

But the voice sample might turn out his downfall NOW!

That if they had DNA from the crime scene. We still don’t know.

I mean, if they had DNA from the crime scene, Parabon would be the first place to send it to, not to collect DNAs from local men. It makes sense only if there was a mess of DNAs on the crime scene, and one would want to divide them and work with the “unknown ones” left. Then one would need the DNAs from the men who found the girls, the EMT, the police, etc.

RSBM. I believe they did state that BG is the voice heard on the recording, saying both “guys” and “down the hill” and is the killer, during the April 2019 PC. HOWEVER, they may have contradicted that in later interviews. At this point, who knows.

Unrelated to your post, I’m interested in Murder Sheet discussing whether or not their previous reporting, and whatever they were told but haven’t told us, aligns with this arrest. Just a simple yes or no would suffice.
Imo, they won't because they know it doesn't. MOO, but I'd bet MS prefer people to think they played a role in nabbing this guy or at least were in the know. Because that would give them super creds.

That if they had DNA from the crime scene. We still don’t kno
I mean, if they had DNA from the crime scene, Parabon would be the first place to send it to, not to collect DNAs from local men. It makes sense only if there was a mess of DNAs on the crime scene, and one would want to divide them and work with the “unknown ones” left. Then one would need the DNAs from the men who found the girls, the EMT, the police, etc.
Yes, that is one piece of evidence LE has been vague about- DNA. When asked if there was DNA at the crime scene they have answered Yes. What we don’t know is if that DNA was not Abby or Libby’s or an animal. It would seem to me that if they had DNA that was male and all searchers could be excluded, especially if it was found on both of the girls- then likely the suspect. I’ve also wondered if pet hair or pet DNA was found, and it wasn’t from a pet of Abby or Libby and wild animals were excluded. Wow, that would be a find if the pet was linked to RA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist