Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RA reminds me of Jessie Matthew in a way (killer of Morgan Harrington & Hannah Graham) - I’m assuming he manipulated people into thinking he was a “salt of the earth nice guy”
After all, RA comped the funeral photos and acted helpful to all the CVS customers.
They circled around Jessie Matthew early on in Hannah’s investigation and discounted him because he volunteered at a Christian school, had friends vouch for him and was a “great guy.”
Had the investigators zeroed in on the “taxi driver” in Morgan’s case, Hannah may have been saved.
DNA connected Morgan’s case to a previous rape and they had a victim or witness sketch.
Honestly, it was so great knowing this because I showed my daughter the sketch when she started college in VA - I warned her that if she ever saw anyone who looked like that to run.
I showed my daughter’s roommate the same.
I kept my eye out when I was in VA visiting and I was overjoyed that she didn’t choose UVA because this perp (at the time the unknown Jessie Matthew) was most recently loose in or near Charlottesville. Tragically, Hannah was killed while my daughter was at another school but luckily they had Jessie on video walking with Hannah and were able to catch him.
Those of us who follow these heinous crimes against women know where to make sure our daughters and granddaughters don’t go if there are perps on the loose who haven’t been apprehended.
I know this sounds crazy but it’s true.
I think that sadly the investigators in Delphi will be eating crow for dismissing RA and being manipulated by RA almost six years later….
It‘s a bit of a major embarrassment.
I personally don’t think they have tied RA to any other murders.
If they had, they owed it to the public to report that so that the public was aware of the danger (as we were aware of Jessie Matthew’s previous rape- although he had not been apprehended)
They couldn’t sit on DNA evidence tying Lyric & Elizabeth’s case to Libby & Abby’s case.
That would be unconscionable.
I am perplexed though about the investigators telling the neighbor to watch their girls while the RA search warrant was being served (if indeed that’s true)- makes me think they aren’t limiting him to one double homicide??

IMO I'm satisfied that if the judge in this case felt overwhelmed, by the attention this case had drawn and due to threats to his family, then he made a wise decision to recuse himself.

When I think of other judges in cases that brought national and international attention, some of them also couldn't handle the publicity well but enjoyed being famous. IMO. For example, Judge Ito in the O.J. Simpson murder trial. I don't think he handled the courtroom well but he seemed to thrive on becoming a household name.

I think personally that it was noble of this judge to admit he didn't have the resources and didn't want to handle this case.

Jmo
Who threatened his family or him?

Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

Been there, done that..

Can you be blackout drunk and still with it enough to walk the bridge and control the girls and be slick enough it takes 5.5 years to get caught? Does it have to do with an alcoholic tolerance? Like the BAC is high enough to block memory formation/access but the person is still functioning well?

I don't think he blacked out but it's always interesting learning things on this forum!
Absolutely you can function...I don't know how long they actually last, tho

RA reminds me of Jessie Matthew in a way (killer of Morgan Harrington & Hannah Graham) - I’m assuming he manipulated people into thinking he was a “salt of the earth nice guy”
After all, RA comped the funeral photos and acted helpful to all the CVS customers.
They circled around Jessie Matthew early on in Hannah’s investigation and discounted him because he volunteered at a Christian school, had friends vouch for him and was a “great guy.”
Had the investigators zeroed in on the “taxi driver” in Morgan’s case, Hannah may have been saved.
DNA connected Morgan’s case to a previous rape and they had a victim or witness sketch.
Honestly, it was so great knowing this because I showed my daughter the sketch when she started college in VA - I warned her that if she ever saw anyone who looked like that to run.
I showed my daughter’s roommate the same.
I kept my eye out when I was in VA visiting and I was overjoyed that she didn’t choose UVA because this perp (at the time the unknown Jessie Matthew) was most recently loose in or near Charlottesville. Tragically, Hannah was killed while my daughter was at another school but luckily they had Jessie on video walking with Hannah and were able to catch him.
Those of us who follow these heinous crimes against women know where to make sure our daughters and granddaughters don’t go if there are perps on the loose who haven’t been apprehended.
I know this sounds crazy but it’s true.
I think that sadly the investigators in Delphi will be eating crow for dismissing RA and being manipulated by RA almost six years later….
It‘s a bit of a major embarrassment.
I personally don’t think they have tied RA to any other murders.
If they had, they owed it to the public to report that so that the public was aware of the danger (as we were aware of Jessie Matthew’s previous rape- although he had not been apprehended)
They couldn’t sit on DNA evidence tying Lyric & Elizabeth’s case to Libby & Abby’s case.
That would be unconscionable.
I am perplexed though about the investigators telling the neighbor to watch their girls while the RA search warrant was being served (if indeed that’s true)- makes me think they aren’t limiting him to one double homicide??
One cannot assume you just need to watch your daughters. MOO

I haven't been here for all the discussion but poking my nose in, please disregard if this has been discussed what if the LE were talking to RA as their most reliable and knowledgeable "witness" and he described this sketch of the so called BG to deflect from himself and so they posted this sketch. (kind of like the Sherri Papini sketches?)

When the pictures of Abby and Libby taken at the crime scene are shown in court, can the courtroom be emptied of all media and spectators? I think the only people who would need to see them would be jury, judge, prosecution, and defense lawyers.
MOO, as I recall during the Knoxville TN trial of the murderers of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome, the horrible crime scene photos were displayed electronically in court and spectators present saw them. The family were given the opportunity to leave court before the crime scene photos were shown. This was Tennessee, and Indiana may do it differently. I think ultimately it is left to the discretion of the judge. MOO

Is there a chance RA - if guilty - could be incompetent for execution under the Eight Amendment?

Unless this crime is what many of us have thought, which is a wider conspiracy, a “sick predator”, and thus quite likely he has other offences, as in if it was a wild psychotic one-off and he actually doesn’t remember it etc etc, perhaps there is something very wrong in this person’s head.

Just being devil’s advocate here. Personally from the photos and videos I’ve seen of him I strongly believe he has the empty affect displayed by true psychopaths (as opposed to sociopaths), and the little we do know about the crime suggests he could be that “sick predator”, but there’s all this other background fluff which leaves a small window of doubt in my mind. Plus there’s the information vacuum which is rapidly being filled by those of us outside the LE agencies involved. Who knows.

The fact he’s gone this long without a lawyer makes me think perhaps he’s gone mute. Or perhaps as others suggested he is a major addict and is detoxing. Either way this window of inaction on his part either could be indicative of - or maybe used as a way to innocuously suggest - some form of insanity.

But then, as a relatively sane person myself, I can’t imagine being in his shoes right now and thinking “damn I gotta beat the death penalty, loads to live for.”

JMO. Thinking out loud.
Respectfully, RA has managed to evade arrest from LE, FBI, ISP for 5 plus years, hiding in plain sight. I find him quite the opposite of incompetent for execution.

Who knows what this kind of depraved mind is thinking, but I can see him enjoying the cat and mouse game. His home was searched many days before he was officially arrested, he had ample opportunity to run (even though I'm sure he was under extreme surveillance) and didn't. In fact it has been reported by neighbors that RA carried on 'normally'. Who can do that? Someone who has spent the last 68 months doing exactly that.

Being a psychopath doesn't mean not competent to stand trial.

JMO

Last edited:
Not msm but interesting yt about 3 hrs ago
I saw that yesterday when the brother of the inmate uploaded it. It's just the brother informing his inmate brother of all the social media rumors floating around the last two weeks that all of us have heard already. Nothing in that call is verified by any reliable source, so I just dismissed it. My opinions only.

I saw that yesterday when the brother of the inmate uploaded it. It's just the brother informing his inmate brother of all the social media rumors floating around the last two weeks that all of us have heard already. Nothing in that call is verified by any reliable source, so I just dismissed it. My opinions only.
Yes rumor and speculation but was still interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21