Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this characterization of a hard working family man coming from?

Beyond just basically employed I don’t see where he was any standout.

Not much of a family man considering his daughter’s age and similarity to A & L.

His wife seems to have pasted a persona on him and gone with that because he obviously had a active fantasy life she wasn’t aware of if this is premeditated.

How does anyone know this is his first time?

I think he was thinking about being a pervert.

He didn’t attempt to conceal because then his staging would be ruined.

The crimes discovery was delayed. He spent considerable time with the girls.

Why not in his own backyard? He’s sneaky.

All imo
IMO, there may be some type of ring going on here. We have the IG account and don’t know every one that had access to it. Let’s add in that RA has worked in the PHOTO section at the store. I think there may be more connections here that I haven’t previously thought of.

I think it’s impossible to predict what is going on in people’s head at the time. Some murderers who have been convicted admit to it but still say they don’t know why they did it. Not every murder has a motive, just that they took advantage of the opportunity that was there at the time. JMO

I think it's a little bit simpler than that. People lie to each other and lie to themselves. I think some people that "don't know why they did what they did" know damn well why they did it. They did it because they have sick urges that they are rightfully ashamed of, and in a moment of weakness they acted on them. And the shame prevents them from admitting it to themselves and others.

Where is this characterization of a hard working family man coming from?

Beyond just basically employed I don’t see where he was any standout.

Not much of a family man considering his daughter’s age and similarity to A & L.

His wife seems to have pasted a persona on him and gone with that because he obviously had a active fantasy life she wasn’t aware of if this is premeditated.

How does anyone know this is his first time?

I think he was thinking about being a pervert.

He didn’t attempt to conceal because then his staging would be ruined.

The crimes discovery was delayed. He spent considerable time with the girls.

Why not in his own backyard? He’s sneaky.

All imo

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised at all if everything you say is true! And if he did this, everything decent about his outward persona was a lie

But as far as hardworking family man …. unless I have the facts wrong, he was an assistant mgr & a pharm tech (both earned positions) at a busy central retail location where his coworkers & customers have only said good things about him & described him as very helpful; and he’s been married to the same woman for 30 years, raised a daughter together, with no evidence (so far) of outside relationships or domestic violence AFAIK

This is the external picture that’s hard to square with what he went on to do IMO tho I do assume more facts will come out eventually to give lie to it!
JMO

I wonder about this too … it’s such a switch from employed family man to double murderer!

Plus there are details that make it even odder - it seems planned IMO ‘with malice aforethought,’ and why is a hardworking family man who suddenly decides to become a double murderer going to plan it nearly in his own backyard…. against two local children who’d immediately be missed…. and not even make any attempt to hide the bodies & delay crime’s discovery ??? Imo

Def not saying he didn’t do it - taking as true what we’ve heard so far I’m totally convinced he did it. I just honestly cannot imagine what he could’ve been thinking

Jmo
I agree 100% with everything you’re saying here, but the fact remains he got away with it for 5 years in spite of video, audio and all that you’ve listed here. There must be some level of impulsivity but with years of built-up anger that drove him? I think we all try to rationalize why criminals are so irrational, but we would never commit a horrible crime like this. So we can’t relate to why he took so many chances. Imo

I wonder about this too … it’s such a switch from employed family man to double murderer!

Plus there are details that make it even odder - it seems planned IMO ‘with malice aforethought,’ and why is a hardworking family man who suddenly decides to become a double murderer going to plan it nearly in his own backyard…. against two local children who’d immediately be missed…. and not even make any attempt to hide the bodies & delay crime’s discovery ??? Imo

Def not saying he didn’t do it - taking as true what we’ve heard so far I’m totally convinced he did it. I just honestly cannot imagine what he could’ve been thinking

Jmo
My general working theories right now about the why are:
  1. RA was loosely connected to a pedo ring and used or knew of the anthony_shots profile and had or saw explicit conversations with multiple minors including L. He was afraid this would be exposed and read the profile the night before the murders and saw L had planned to meet a_s on or near the bridge and out of fear of exposure as a pedo decided to eliminate her. A happened to be with her and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In RA's mind, he did it to protect himself as a (publicly) law-abiding member of society with a family which means he had a lot to lose.
  2. RA was doing this on the orders of or for payment by someone connected with those noted in #1. He has always struck me as being a 'simple' kind of person so it's not out of the realm of possibility he could be coerced or talked into doing this. It could've been "if we go down, you go down with us" and you can take care of this problem for everyone, etc.
  3. RA has a previously undiscovered sexual fetish for children and was going to SA them but they fought back and it went too far and he killed them, then panicked and left.
I'm not sure what else would motivate him to do such a thing other than some variant of those three.

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised at all if everything you say is true! And if he did this, everything decent about his outward persona was a lie

But as far as hardworking family man …. unless I have the facts wrong, he was an assistant mgr & a pharm tech (both earned positions) at a busy central retail location where his coworkers & customers have only said good things about him & described him as very helpful; and he’s been married to the same woman for 30 years, raised a daughter together, with no evidence (so far) of outside relationships or domestic violence AFAIK

This is the external picture that’s hard to square with what he went on to do IMO tho I do assume more facts will come out eventually to give lie to it!
JMO

Like BTK?

>For 30 years, Boy Scout troop leader and church council president Dennis Rader was secretly the BTK murderer — while looking like the perfect family man to his neighbors in Kansas.

For Nearly 30 Years, This Churchgoing Father Got Away With Torturing And Murdering His Neighbors

Or Ted Bundy?

>Bundy was particularly interesting, because he was charming and articulate. Many wondered, how could a clean-cut law student with no criminal record be responsible for dozens of murders?

>
While the facts of the case are captivating, Widiger says Bundy was not unique in being a serial murderer.

"He was, for the most part, emotionally stable. A trait common to all psychopaths is the ability to be deceptive — to lie with ease. The classic phrase in psychopathy literature is that they wear 'a mask of sanity,'" he explained. "There is probably a serial murderer some place in the United States at any given moment. They can be very difficult to catch because there is no personal connection between them and the victim."

A&S Psychology Researcher Unravels Serial Killer Ted Bundy's Mental Health | University of Kentucky College of Arts & Sciences

all imo

Yes but did you read the charge he’s alleged to have committed, which will have to be proven in court? Sounds pretty direct to me -that Richard Allen did kill another human being….while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping.

I don’t understand why murder that occurred after/during a kidnapping is being downplayed as if it’s some kind of secondary murder charge. Committing two felonies - murder and kidnapping - is more than just one felony and he‘s charged with both IMO.
Kidnapping is an aggravating circumstance to murder in Idaho making him eligible for the death penalty, in fact, if guilty, he fulfilled several other statutory aggravating circumstances.
Scroll down to number 9 for the list.
Idaho Statutes

Like ski mask peeper? I'd be interested to know if RA had Monday afternoons off.
i didn't follow this case closely before the arrest. is there somewhere i can catch up on all the details on Ski Mask peeper? I know what you are talking about generally, but am interested in what details we have.

Am I alone in thinking he didn’t plan this?

I just can not wrap my head around this being planned when it’s such a moronic crime. Why would he drive his own car and do it on his own doorstep when he was worked locally?
Me too.

To me it seems, if it was planned, he would have had every opportunity to go there unseen, maybe leave too. He was in a local public job so the risk of being identified was high with any and every witness, not to mention the risk of meeting someone you actually know. Maybe he was fantasising about it but that doesn't mean he planned to do it then and there and with these particular victims.

At this time I believe it was either opportunistic and he didn't mind taking those risks, or his mind just snapped for whatever reason (drunk, mental illness, you name it) which he maybe cant even comprehend himself.

If there was planning it was pretty bad.

Maybe KAK / Klines really are CSAM pros & it was his / their venture… just needed a nearby sucker to do the public part for pay??
just speculating MOO

IMO JMO

I don't think anyone does this type of crime, kills two young girls with a knife, for money. He was financially stable and in its not like the Kline's are high rollers. Realistically how much could they have paid him/ Couple of thousand maybe $10,000.00? RA isn't a 15 year old kid or a homeless guy he is a financial stable guy with a house and a wife. So this theory doesn't compute.

People do these types of crimes because they want to. It's about deviant sexual impulses. This isn't a for money type of crime.

JMO
Every killer who has ever killed, at one point, kills someone for the first time.

Let’s not forget for all he told the truth he lied when he needed to like ….

He didn’t see Libby and Abby and he had to of as the adult female placed him on the first platform and she turned around and then started to walk back and she saw Abby and Libby as they walked past her going to the bridge.

So why would he lie about the most important part of his story if he was truly innocent here?

Mooooooo

This is Indiana, though. Idaho is the quadruple college murder.
Kidnapping is an aggravating circumstance to murder in Idaho making him eligible for the death penalty, in fact, if guilty, he fulfilled several other statutory aggravating circumstances.
Scroll down to number 9 for the list.
Idaho Statutes

Yeah … incredibly detailed memory for a supposedly random unimportant day when he bummed around on a local trail, watched some fish from 60ft up & sat on a bench

Imo
To me, even if a person is innocent of something, just the mere fact that they were at a place at the exact time a murder went down, and you looked a lot like a picture of the perp (and likely sound like him as well)... I'd for darn sure remember just about everything about that day, even if I was innocent of the crime (which I don't believe he is). That right there would make what started out as an unimportant laid back day into one that was indelibly seared into my memory.

RA admitted to an encounter with the other juvenile girls.

Their perspective of that meeting is in the affidavit attached to this article.

He was not presenting on the trails as the helpful friendly CVS employee.

Nor does it sound like his report of happy go lucky strolling along absorbed in the stock ticker and enjoying fish looking from the height of the bridge.

He glared, didn’t return their greeting, had something covering his mouth, walking with a purpose.

Mr. RA’s dark side was out and about, I believe.

Newly released court documents tie Richard Allen's handgun to Delphi murder scene

all imo

But time marched on and nobody connected the dots, and I think his worrying days were well over after the initial couple of months. He was comfortable enough to talk about it down at the bar and pose in front of the BG Wanted Poster. That is very scary to me.
It reminds me of the perpetrator in the Jayme Closs kidnapping who told the police he thought he got away with it after two weeks because he hadn't been arrested.

I'm not a psychologist, but its my suspicion that there is probably a "thrill" element for this guy. The thrill of it be a super risky is part of what he likes. But, just off the top of my head really risky crimes seem to rarely be the offenders first. Like they need something risky when the basic isn't doing it for them anymore (like a drug addict). I know we have no evidence to suggest this but it really really seems like this isn't this guys first super serious crime (I know he has no record or anything). It just seems really atypical for some one in their mid 40s to wake up one day start with this.
I agree that BG's evil compulsions coupled with an odd complacency points to the actions of a serial killer.

However, I expected the DNA now in CODIS would result in more charges. Maybe a) there hasn't been enough time to connect RA to other cases, b) he has been incredibly lucky, or c) this is, in fact, his first violent crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413