Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavily clothed and face covered. I remember the weather on THAT day vividly. It was a welcomed sunny day that gave all of us in Indiana a taste of Spring. I drove my Jeep to deliver Donaldson’s candy to our son in Burlington that morning with my windows down and great music playing. Seriously. He had no need to cover his face.
I’m on way north indiana and yeah, I remember wearing a hoodie and jeans to work in a factory that day and I was sweltering hot all day. Anyone wearing a heavy coat and all bundled up like BG would stand out as being overdressed.

Prosecution is going to play as few cards as possible until required by law to disclose its hand during discovery. Prosecutor in no way wants to compromise this case. I agree with any gag orders placed by the court. We don't need to know at this time if anyone else is involved. I'm confident LE has plenty of evidence against RA. moo
I don’t quite understand how anyone can assume that the unspent round is all the physical evidence le has? It truly baffles me; le has played everything extremely close to the chest all along. Why on earth would they throw their whole case away now by making an arrest and preparing to go to trial with something so obviously flimsy? I suspect the bullet evidence we all are so focused on will be minimized greatly at trial. Le just revealed, again, the bare minimum to get them to the next goalpost, which is endgame now: trial or guilty plea with confession.

All moo.

A friendly reminder that from what we know right now, there was no distraction away from RA nor does he appear to be cleared in some way. From what we've been told (which is very little) primary investigators in this case did not know the existence of RA being at the bridge that day until October of this year.

I don’t quite understand how anyone can assume that the unspent round is all the physical evidence le has? It truly baffles me; le has played everything extremely close to the chest all along. Why on earth would they throw their whole case away now by making an arrest and preparing to go to trial with something so obviously flimsy? I suspect the bullet evidence we all are so focused on will be minimized greatly at trial. Le just revealed, again, the bare minimum to get them to the next goalpost, which is endgame now: trial or guilty plea with confession.

All moo.
Honestly, I think most people just don't know how the just system works in the States.

It’s not a conspiracy. iIf you choose to believe he was trying to avoid a dui even though his false alibi didn’t relate to that at all, that’s your choice. His alibi had nothing to do with his driving that day.

I am not convinced RL had anything to do with Libby & Abby’s death, but him asking for an alibi for when they were killed at 9a on 2/14 is suspicious.
He wasn't avoiding a DUI with that alibi, he was avoiding a lengthy sentence that would stem from driving without a license from chronic DUIs - big difference. Lying to police isn't as rare as many people seem to think.

I probably didn’t have commas where they belonged. On 2-14 at 9a he asked for an alibi for the time frame they were killed during, hours before their bodies were found.
RL asks for the alibi at 9:20 a.m. on the 14th, according to the affidavit. By then, he knows they are missing overnight and the search has restarted. He had to know he'd face scrutiny. Based on it being on his property, my thought is thqt RL probably knows both about the search and the deaths before others even if he is uninvolved. The thing that doesn't make sense about RL is the 2:09 phone call mentioned in Section 22 of the PCA. Libby takes a picture of Abby between the second and third platforms at 2:07. She starts the video at 2:13. The video is 43 seconds according to the Allen PCA, and BG. The bridge is 850ish feet and the videos out there seem to suggest it takes 3.5 to 4 minutes at a minimum to cross while walking. So, the math would be mighty tight unless BG was on the phone walking across the bridge

He wasn't avoiding a DUI with that alibi, he was avoiding a lengthy sentence that would stem from driving without a license from chronic DUIs - big difference. Lying to police isn't as rare as many people seem to think.
Except he didn't try to cover his butt from a lengthy sentence when he drove to the transfer station that morning before things went down. He only asked his cousin to lie for him starting between 2:00 - 2:30 when the murders went down. You'd think he'd want to cover his butt each and every time he drove without a license, yet he only did that when things went down on that particular day.

1) He only asked for an alibi before the girls were even found, and during the timeframe when the murders first went down.
1671131594995.png

2) He drove to the transfer station that morning and didn't feel he needed an alibi for driving without a license before the murders happened.
1671131794408.png

Lastly, LE thought the creation of an alibi prior to them being found indicates knowledge of that crime.

1671131653131.png

So to me, his seeking an alibi wasn't about not getting busted for driving without a license, it was about covering his butt when a murder on his property went down. I do not believe he's the killer, but I do think he knew what was going on when it was actually happening. If not, why ask your cousin to lie about a trip to another city during the exact timeframe a murder (and whatever else) transpired? And NOT ask for one for a transfer station run before the murders even took place?

https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

Yes no doubt he is also a monster but we have yet to see him be arrested in connection to this case.

That’s why he has his own separate thread on this forum.
KAK does NOT have his own separate thread, to my knowledge.

Can you please post the link as I have missed seeing it.

KAK does NOT have his own separate thread, to my knowledge.

Can you please post the link as I have missed seeing it.
He does. One of the Mods pointed us to it a while back. We've had some chatter here about that. Some prefer us to talk about KAK only on his thread, some of us (like me) prefer to talk about KAK here if it seems to have anything to do with the Delphi murders.

All moo.

Ye of much faith

I mean, lost the interview with their prime suspect, took three years to get to KAK and the shenanigans with the judge over the PCA does not inspire confidence over here

What makes you believe he knew they was going to be there?
I think the point @TL4S is making is not one of certainty but one probability. What are odds he lands at the bridge right before them, has just enough time to stare across it and make sure no one is on the other side, hide and then kidnap them on the other end of the bridge. If BG had been minutes later there would been no opportunity to scope the bridge and hide. "Guess he's just lucky" could be an option but that requires him randomly noticing no one is on the south end of the bridge and randomly concealing himself since he wasn't in front of them and was not in Libby's photo of Abby. It requires absolute luck or total recklessness for it to be otherwise. Always a possibility. But what's the probability?

To @TL4S 's other points, law enforcement has said they believe others may be involved, KAK communicated with Libby the night before while she was at the sleepover and at 8 a.m. on the 13th, KAK said he let other people access his phone, KAK pointed the finger toward Friend #1 in his LE interview and his dad in his interview with Barbara McDonald, LE said in the KAK interview that the Emily Anne account was used to lure girls into a relationship with a hypothetical older man and Anthony Shots pretended to be a teen and Libby was being catfished by Shots and it was Valentines Day.

I am going to go out on a wild limb based on the clothing taken and say that this was a sexually motivated crime. Unless you can clear the other accused sexual predators in this story, including the one who communicated with Libby at 8 a.m. and Googled the Marathon gas station in Delphi on the 13th (which is 0.8 miles from RA's house), as well as the family member he accused of sleeping with a teenage girl from his high school and of having access to his accounts, I would not rest too easy just yet.

www.abc57.com/news/richard-allen-probable-cause-affidavit-reveals-unspent-round-from-his-gun-was-found-near-victims-body&ved=2ahUKEwjvy5GBh5n8AhX2GlkFHYIlCqkQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0sM2S3XX3qhq1m_XNPp7hx

Last edited:
Is it gobsmacking to anyone else that law enforcement had leads on the two primary suspects in this case within two weeks of the murders and it took until 2020 to get to relooking at one and until 2022 to rebook at the other?

Sure, blame the FBI for RA even though you own it but what about KAK?

Ye of much faith

I mean, lost the interview with their prime suspect, took three years to get to KAK and the shenanigans with the judge over the PCA does not inspire confidence over here

MOO besides the obvious error at the CCSO and ISP level, the CO or the COs DNR police supervisor also should have followed up when neither the sheriff’s or ISP contacted them about the interview.

That aside, the forensics identification of tool marks is a different situation. Very solid evidence.

So far MOO the whole jist of the defense’s “controversy” about tool marks is that they say the sample size is too small, hence not “scientifically valid”

They probably don’t want to bring the fact that experts were identifying rounds with the guns that ejected them 99% of the time.

DA has time can have a larger sample size of Sig Sauer p226s tested before trial.

I think the point @TL4S is making is not one of certainty but one probability. What are odds he lands at the bridge right before them, has just enough time to stare across it and make sure no one is on the other side, hide and then kidnap them on the other end of the bridge. If BG had been minutes later there would been no opportunity to scope the bridge and hide. "Guess he's just lucky" could be an option but that requires him randomly noticing no one is on the south end of the bridge and randomly concealing himself since he wasn't in front of them and was not in Libby's photo of Abby. It requires absolute luck or total recklessness for it to be otherwise. Always a possibility. But what's the probability?

To @TL4S 's other points, law enforcement has said they believe others may be involved, KAK communicated with Libby the night before while she was at the sleepover and at 8 a.m. on the 13th, KAK said he let other people access his phone, KAK pointed the finger toward Friend #1 in his LE interview and his dad in his interview with Barbara McDonald, LE said in the KAK interview that the Emily Anne account was used to lure girls into a relationship with a hypothetical older man and Anthony Shots pretended to be a teen and Libby was being catfished by Shots and it was Valentines Day.

I am going to go out on a wild limb based on the clothing taken and say that this was a sexually motivated crime. Unless you can clear the other accused sexual predators in this story, including the one who communicated with Libby at 8 a.m. and Googled the Marathon gas station in Delphi on the 13th (which is 0.8 miles from RA's house), as well as the family member he accused of sleeping with a teenage girl from his high school and of having access to his accounts, I would not rest too easy just yet.

www.abc57.com/news/richard-allen-probable-cause-affidavit-reveals-unspent-round-from-his-gun-was-found-near-victims-body&ved=2ahUKEwjvy5GBh5n8AhX2GlkFHYIlCqkQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0sM2S3XX3qhq1m_XNPp7hx

Your 2nd, 3rd & 4th links (the 3 in the middle) all get this: "Oops, This Page Could Not Be Found!"

Also, it was the day before Valentine's day that they were murdered, unless you were referencing Valentine's day with the day they were found.

How do the sketches fit in with all of this?. I suspect second “young BG” sketch was provided by the witness driving, who saw persn on side of road bloody and muddy. And original sketch likely from the group of girls, as they were close enough to say eyes not blue. There does seem to have been thoughts from LE that the sketches may have been of different people (when they released new BG sketch), given the age ranges were so different. Are the sketches going to be a problem for the prosecution - defence might put forward that maybe there were two different males out there on the trails at the time, dressed similarly.
Indiana State Police clarify reasons for 2nd sketch in Delphi murders case

LE seems to have kept one thing close to the vest and that’s the casing. They had no clue who they were looking for. Not one person, in all the LE branches involved thought to put together a timeline of the day to include all the people who came forward? RA being one of them! They had him on day two and did nothing. If these were my children I would want answers. These families have spent over five years with their daughters killer right there. I would think after 1 year of nothing you would go back to the start! But no, five years later they decide to go back. It’s inexcusable. That is a lot of inept people.

Honestly, I think most people just don't know how the just system works in the States.

iMO an issue in evidential discussion is people apply ‘reasonable doubt’ to each fact rather than asking what facts have been established and what inferences can be made before applying the overall bard standard.

IMO it will be established that the bullet came from the killer yet even on Podcasts featuring defence lawyers they engage in wild speculation about other modes of transportation. Especially speculation that has no obvious route into the trial via actual evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel