Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RA said the guy scribbled some notes and didn't think it was being recorded IIRC.

This Press Release issued from RA’s defense attorneys….it states ”does not recall”. Interestingly, it’s confirmation of that same interview, as reported in the PCA, that he saw the three young girls while on the trails that day.

“Rick volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question. Rick tried to assist with the investigation and told the police that he did recall seeing three younger girls on the trail that day. His contact with the girls was brief and of little significance. Rick does not recall if this interaction with the Conservation Officer was tape-recorded but believes that the Conservation Officer scribbled notes on a notepad as Rick spoke to him…”

You have a good point about the 70,000 tips.

The worst offenders are the despicable people who call in the same tip more than once. For people like that, it's all about an ego-driven need to insert themselves into an investigation when they actually don't know anything.

All IMHO.

<modsnip> and the phone video would end up solving this case. The phone video still makes me wonder about whether the current suspect is that person.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>, and the phone video would end up solving this case. The phone video still makes me wonder about whether the current suspect is that person.
There is no doubt in my mind that people's sending in tips multiple times because they "truly believed" that they knew something is one of the major contributing factors to the five-and-a-half-year delay in solving this case.

RA looks just like the guy in the video, so it's probably him, but I would not vote to convict on that alone.

All IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no doubt in my mind that people's sending in tips multiple times because they "truly believed" that they knew something is one of the major contributing factors to the five-and-a-half-year delay in solving this case.

RA looks just like the guy in the video, so it's probably him, but I would not vote to convict on that alone.

All IMHO.

I suppose police have a lot more evidence in this case that has not been shared yet. Is the current suspect the person who committed the murders? Maybe he is. The irony for me is that everything I thought about this case had to do with how I perceived the phone video. I would not have thought the way that I did about this case without the video.

I will definitely shorten this up a bit! :)

Friday, January 13th:
*Hearing (re gag order) (@ 10am ET) IN – Abigail Joyce Williams (13) & Liberty Rose Lynn German (14) (Missing Feb. 13, 2017, found killed Feb. 14, 2017, after walking on a local hiking trail & were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the Monon High Bridge Trail, Delphi) – *Richard “Ricky”/”Rick” Matthew Allen (44 @ time of crime/50) arrested & booked (10/26/22) into the Carroll County Jail & charged & arraigned (10/28/22) with 2 counts of felony murder while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping of both victims. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Transferred to White County jail from Carroll County for security reasons. And was transferred (11/2/22) to IN. Dept. of Corrections at a more secure facility.
Andrew Baldwin & Bradley Rozzi are Allen's public appointed attorneys.
Trial set to begin on 3/20/23. (5 days thru 3/24)

Charges, case & court info from 4/19/21 thru 11/18/22 reference post #782 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-40

11/21/22 Update: Attorneys for Allen filed a request to be released without posting bond or by setting what the request calls a reasonable bail amount. The court documents in which the request was made, the attorneys for Allen say they’ve reviewed the probable cause affidavit & that neither the proof of guilt is evident nor the presumption of guilt strong. Media Intervenor's pre hearing brief seeking public access to probable cause affidavit & charging info. Hearing on 11/22/22 & Judge ordered Allen to appear in person in the courtroom. Pretrial hearing on 1/13/23 @ 9am. Trial set for March 20, 2023 @ 9am. 11/22/22: Motion Filed. Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner &d Family Members from Disseminating Information or Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication filed. Filed By: State of Indiana (gag order).
11/22/22 Update: Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland argued against unsealing the documents, claiming it would jeopardize the years-long investigation. The prosecution believes Allen is not the only suspect involved in the 2017 murders. McLeland also argued that if an unredacted affidavit was released, witnesses in the investigation could be harassed. Judge Fran Gull decided to take the motion to release court documents on the deaths of two Delphi teenagers under advisement. The judge said she will release an order at a future time during a hearing Tuesday. However, for the time being, the documents will remain sealed & a ruling will be made at a later date. A bond hearing for Allen was set for 2/17/23, after his court-appointed attorneys, Bradley Rozzi & Andrew Baldwinfiled, filed a motion asking their client to be released on his own recognizance or for the court to set a reasonable bail. The 1/13/23 hearing was canceled & will be held at the same time as the 2/17/23 hearing.
for more info see posts #798 & 799 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-40
for more info see posts #801 to 803 807 to 809, 813 & 816 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-41
for more info see post #825 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-42
for more info see posts #864, 866, 871 & 876 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-44
for more info see posts #899 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-45
for more info see post #905 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-46
for more info see post #945 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-48
for more info see post #961 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-156.643932/page-49

11/23/22: Motion for Leave to Intervene filed by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., Circle City Broadcasting I, LLC., E.W. Scripps Co., Gannett Satellite Information Indiana Newspapers, LLC., Hoosier State Press Assoc., Inc., Indiana Broadcasters Assoc., Neuhoff Media Lafayette, LLC., Nexstar Media Inc., Tegna, Inc. The Associated Press & Woof Boom Radio, LLC.
11/29/22 Update: Motion for change of venue filed by defense. 11/30/22 Update: Judge Frances Gull has denied the prosecution's motion to keep the probable cause arrest warrant affidavit sealed. Has ordered them to release the redacted affidavit that was presented in court last week.
11/30/22 Update: Probable cause affidavit is released. Probable Cause Affidavit:
file:///C:/Users/Ligita/Downloads/RMAPCA.pdf
and post #788 (page 40), 813 (page 41), 863 (page 44) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ers-richard-allen-arrested-157.645931/page-40

12/1/22: A civilian FBI employee mislabeled or misfiled tip information (from 2017 when Allen came forward) in the system, which means it didn’t show up in the correct location during a data search. As the case stalled, police went back to the very beginning of the investigation. That’s when they discovered the interview with Allen that prompted them to take a closer look.
12/2/22: The Judge has granted a request for a gag order-at least temporarily-that prevents all parties in the case from sharing any information outside of court. Court has scheduled 1/13/23 @ 10am to determine if that order remains in place. 12/8/22 Update: Allen is asking the court to approve public funding for his defense to pay for expert witnesses and the defense investigation. Allen is asking Judge Frances Gull, a special judge assigned to the case from Allen County, to hold a private hearing on his request, closed to the public & prosecution. Allen says a public hearing on his request would require his defense team to reveal to the public their theory of his defense, forcing him & his attorneys to limit the information to the public. Allen says it’s unclear exactly how much his defense investigation will cost at this point.
12/12/22 Update: The special judge approved that request for private hearings. In a filing to the court, Allen's attorneys asked for funding for the cost of experts. His attorneys point out that Allen does not have the money needed to help in his defense. Allen's attorneys also asked for the judge to order court personnel & court reporters to keep any information in the court hearings confidential.
12/30/22: Motion filed. Supplemental motion for discovery & request for Rule 404 & 405 evidence by Richard Allen.

So it’s court day today . Let’s hope for some positive news.
Yep, saw this on the local news last night. Refresher what they will discuss today.

All IMHO.
Lots of guys in the Midwest look just like bridge guy so that would not be nearly enough to convict him.

"He said he believes investigators have already built a strong case against Allen, but the jacket could prove to be the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

"With the gun and the addition of Allen placing himself at the crime scene, with multiple witnesses describing seeing a man matching his description, I think it's a fairly strong case right now," said Keenan.

"And then his wife admitted that he still had the jacket at the home.

"So I would assume that they took a bunch of clothing from his house as a result, and they're probably testing the jacket for DNA right now because someone saw a man matching his description covered in mud and blood [at the scene]," he added.

"I absolutely think there will still be DNA of value on that coat.

"You see all these old cases being solved by DNA 40 years later. This was only five years ago.

"If they find Libby or Abby's DNA on that jacket - he's done."

Yes, and what’s up with the 3 bumpy raised lines on his right jawline? Or is that just photo weirdness and wrinkled skin?
I’m thinking those lines are too small, and probably not in the right place, but they sort of remind me of gills. I’ve heard rumors that he is a catfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413