Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, supposedly it was a clerical error.
In addition, USA Gymnastics (Larry Nassar case) conducted an internal investigation concerning allegations to the FBI’s Indy office. However, it took months for the bureau to open an initial investigation. There wasn’t much urgency on their part to assist in the matter. Of course in MOO.
We should also add that ISP and Carroll County have never publicly said it was an FBI clerical error and the FBI has publicly denied it:

I may have missed something, but why isn‘r ARREST on this subject in the title ?

That’s not him lighting those off - take a look at the face when he turns around. AFAIK it looks nothing like him. IA when he turns around & speaks he doesn’t sound like BG and RA either cuz he isn’t.

RA audio is very hard to find, there were only like two snippets around - ‘wheelchairs coming up’ or similar and “cables gonna snap.” Have you heard those?

The similarity in not just voice but ‘speaking style’ (I don’t know the right words for it!) is creepy. When I used to hear the BG audio I’d think “there’s something WRONG with this guy” that I couldn’t put my finger on. RA audio gives me the same exact feeling - there’s something WRONG with this guy, idk exactly what but whatever it is, it’s the same thing wrong with BG

I’ll look for a link comparing RA & BG audio, the voice comparisons were approved to post here so I’ll try to find one

IMO

Eta: Audio comparison vid

replying to my own post lol cuz this audio comparison has always been so striking & shocking imo, I’m just always back here talking about it

Wanted to say …. for each BG & RA we only have two tiny snips of audio & even so they match so perfectly it’s nauseating. IMO “there’s a wheelchair coming up” from RA sounds so much like the “guys” that they might as well have been spoken together, like if he’d said “guys, there’s a wheelchair coming up”

And the other two clips - “cables’ll snap” is just as much a match with “down the hill” … once again so similar that they could be taken from not just the same man but from the same sentence

Eeeeeeekkk so creepy

JMO …

Also, we've been listening to GDTH, but we haven't had access to the entire recording. Very possible that it's two sentences. First sentence ending with "guys" and then DTH.

MOO he could have said something like, "you know you don't belong on the bridge, guys." "Down the hill, you'll have to take the other trail." In other words, they could've felt a little intimidated, as a opposed to afraid initially. He may have assumed a role/tone of authority and they thought they were in trouble for being on the bridge in the first place.

We don't know if Libby starting filming out of fear, curiosity, familiarity...

All we know is his actions were very deliberate, designed IMO for one ultimate result. Control.

JMO

Was he dismissed as a POI? i thought they said it was “misfiled” and then blamed the FBI.
A DNR CO is an LE officer with detective training that handles crime on park and forest lands, just like sheriffs are county, police are city and troopers are highways.
The CO should have called his/her supervisor and the sheriff or detective in charge immediately.

I hope previous DA Ives was right, that once they have the person the evidence is there to convict.
IMO: The investigation people said lots of things: this sketch, that sketch, both sketches, no catfishing, but call A_S tips to the L&A hotline, one person, many people, new direction, nope, back to the old tips again, misfiled, not misfiled, and maybe the CO really did call to follow up and they just haven't said so yet. IMO if someone with a uniform HAD said RA was a POI or had been dismissed as a POI, either one, that could still change depending on who is speaking and when. (shrug)

My feeling is that the Delphi investigation shows just why it's good for a big investigation to have ONE lead agency and ONE lead person for informing the media, so the public information stays with one viewpoint. I don't know what was being said by whom, when, why, for how long, but my own impression is that public information was confused and sometimes contradictory.

I suspect you're right about Ives; I have to believe they wouldn't have arrested RA unless they had some solid evidence on their side; they're just not telling us what it is. Personally, I don't blame the prosecution for not telling us just yet--securing justice in this case is more important than public interest--I think I've heard you saying the same thing.

IIRC, supposedly it was a clerical error.
In addition, USA Gymnastics (Larry Nassar case) conducted an internal investigation concerning allegations to the FBI’s Indy office. However, it took months for the bureau to open an initial investigation. There wasn’t much urgency on their part to assist in the matter. Of course in MOO.

MOO USA gymnastics was a corrupt disaster.

MOO But in this case the FBI is not the party at fault, MOO just an easy scapegoat.
They took over the tip line 2/23, other support was unraveled the forensics of the phone and helped with nationwide manhunt.

MOO The CO is the primary report maker, his/her supervisor is back up and … they failed.

CO, is a full
law officer with extra detective training. Thi is like a state trooper or city police interviewing someone that said they were on the bridge at the time of the crime and not directly contacting the detective in charge or the sheriff.

Also, we've been listening to GDTH, but we haven't had access to the entire recording. Very possible that it's two sentences. First sentence ending with "guys" and then DTH.

MOO he could have said something like, "you know you don't belong on the bridge, guys." "Down the hill, you'll have to take the other trail." In other words, they could've felt a little intimidated, as a opposed to afraid initially. He may have assumed a role/tone of authority and they thought they were in trouble for being on the bridge in the first place.

All we know is his actions were very deliberate, designed IMO for one ultimate result. Control.

JMO

It’s been said I think by Abby’s mum who has heard the clip.

He says …

Guys

Pause

Girls mumble something

He replies

Down the Hill

There are literally seconds between guys and
Down the hill.

LE have obviously used what they got to the best of their abilities and RA was in no mood to chat and wanted them off the trail and out of sight.Simple instructions with a gun pointed at them IMO

Last edited:

He says …

Guys

Pause

Girls mumble something

He replies

Down the Hill

Down the hill.

LE have obviously used what they got to the best of their abilities and RA was in no mood to chat and wanted them off the trail and out of sight.Simple instructions with a gun pointed at them IMO
Agree completely. I just wonder whether there was more audio that we didn't get.

We should also add that ISP and Carroll County have never publicly said it was an FBI clerical error and the FBI has publicly denied it:

Yes. It’s an “investigative source” according to this report.
Blame the FBI anonymously.
Hmm. who stands to gain by that?

He says …

Guys

Pause

Girls mumble something

He replies

Down the Hill

Down the hill.

You might to add an "imo" or source to the post, but I do think you're close to right

MOO USA gymnastics was a corrupt disaster.

MOO But in this case the FBI is not the party at fault, MOO just an easy scapegoat.
They took over the tip line 2/23, other support was unraveled the forensics of the phone and helped with nationwide manhunt.

MOO The CO is the primary report maker, his/her supervisor is back up and … they failed.

CO, is a full
law officer with extra detective training. Thi is like a state trooper or city police interviewing someone that said they were on the bridge at the time of the crime and not directly contacting the detective in charge or the sheriff.

Yeah not looking to criticize or “blame” anyone… but ITA. If AFAIK I’m the only person who’s had an important piece of info, it’s my job to make sure it gets moved on to the next person to handle it

Not sure if this has been discussed here already (probably has!) but I wonder if this particular CO retired soon after or even passed away … just so hard to imagine he never followed up on this, even when LE were asking for info about the car at CPS etc….
JMO

RA aka BG is going to be spending the rest of his miserable life in jail IMO. Yes, it's a shame that he wasn't connected earlier, especially since he supposedly self-reported being in the area. I don't think it's a coincidence that he spoke with a CO instead of LE, I think he thought that might be easier to pull off rather than taking directly to LE. Plus, I think it helped with his explanation to his family, ie "Yeah I was there but I told them that I was and cooperated fully, they've cleared me" kind of thing.

I think he actually showed signs of guilt more by NOT talking and telling everyone down at the local bar and CVS that "Yeah man, I was there and I saw those girls, etc., I had to talk to the cops. but they cleared me though". He kept silent because he was scared poopless once he saw that Libby had captured him on video.

He intentionally grew out his very short and neatly trimmed goatee and gained weight after the murders to help hide his resemblance in the video. Once a few months and a year went by and he wasn't looked at, he went on about his life as normal, probably quite confident that he had gotten away with murder.

Yes, RA had 5 years of freedom that he didn't deserve, but his days as a free man are over now. Karma always bites you in the behind eventually.

MOO

Yeah not looking to criticize or “blame” anyone… but ITA. If AFAIK I’m the only person who’s had an important piece of info, it’s my job to make sure it gets moved on to the next person to handle it

Not sure if this has been discussed here already (probably has!) but I wonder if this particular CO retired soon after or even passed away … just so hard to imagine he never followed up on this, even when LE were asking for info about the car at CPS etc….
JMO

Remember you have to look at the situation with what the CO knew at the time over the years, not what we know now.
At least four issues:

1 - The narrative from the CO has RA parking at the "old Farm Bureau building", not the CPS building. It was later that investigators assumed RA meant the CPS building.

2 - After April 2019 LE stated "The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation" - Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches

3 - After April 2019 LE stated they were looking for a younger man than the CO interviewed.

4 - Nothing in the CO narrative stated what RA was wearing, that information seems to have been obtained in the interviews in Oct 2022.

CO Narrative in : Read the redacted Richard Allen court documents tying him to the Delphi murders

I can't help but wonder how much taxpayer money was wasted running thousands of tips to ground when the case could have been solved within days.

I wonder if there will be an inquiry following the conclusion of this case into the investigation's handling, with recommendations for how data like the initial DNR tip -- if true -- should be logged, handled and analyzed.

Misfiling is misfiling, of course, but with a limited number of people seen or self-identifying as being at the bridge, a deep dive of the initial tips and sequence seems like a smart move as the case began to stall, even if that info did not immediately implicate RA, but just boldfaced him for a followup interview.

5.5 years is a very long window to destroy evidence and muddy waters, even for a perp as seemingly aimless and incompetent as RA.

I wonder if there will be an inquiry following the conclusion of this case into the investigation's handling, with recommendations for how data like the initial DNR tip -- if true -- should be logged, handled and analyzed.

Misfiling is misfiling, of course, but with a limited number of people seen or self-identifying as being at the bridge, a deep dive of the initial tips and sequence seems like a smart move as the case began to stall, even if that info did not immediately implicate RA, but just boldfaced him for a followup interview.

5.5 years is a very long window to destroy evidence and muddy waters, even for a perp as seemingly aimless and incompetent as RA.
I'd personally go further than just an enquiry and suggest people should be losing their jobs. And is it coincidental that the families are gagged from speaking now this horrific error is partially revealed?

Still find it stunning to think back to all of the press conferences and all the anguish from LE and desperate requests for the 'one tip' which would break the case when they had it all along.

One additional point. It’s not a tip is an official initial interview in double murder by a sworn law enforcement officer.

COs are full law enforcement officers, they go to he same ILEA academy with sheriff deputies and police officer, with extra detective training. They are not park rangers.
MOO this conservation officer and his or her supervisor had the duty to see their interview report through.

JMO
I would think if LE heard more of BG on the audio they'd have released it. After all, they were looking for people's help identifying someone by their voice and looks. I've heard that it's possible that it was perhaps one or both of the girls talking. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife