IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone think his weight loss is anything other than an alcohol free diet? It just looks like he lost his beer belly because he’s not drinking.

I was just about to post the same. My beer-swigging friend moved to Saudi Arabia for work and the weight loss results were just as dramatic.

Usually when an alcoholic stops drinking they gain weight. The loss of sugar from the alcohol, especially if it's just beer, result in the eating of sweets to compensate for the loss of sugar in their diet. Also the sweets will act as a stimulant replacing the 'buzz' of alcohol.

You are correct that the craving for sweets after stopping drinking can lead to weight gain.

However, that's assuming one has easy access to sweets.

It would be interesting to know how much access RA has had to sweets while in jail.

In the courtroom Thursday, onlookers learned Allen has an electronic tablet to make phone calls from his prison cell, and the calls are monitored. In those calls, the prosecution said, Allen confessed five or six times to the murders of the girls.

BBM-Hmmmm...this report states RA confessed in recorded prison calls.

Unless he was talking with his lawyers, which he obviously was not, he has no expectation of privacy in those calls.
It is plea deal time no matter what what his attorneys said today in court.

It is hard to understand why Richard Allen would admit to the crime if he is not guilty. I was wrong about him. I thought law enforcement arrested the wrong man.

I am sure the prosecution will have the people he confessed to testify at his trial. If those statements have details in them that only the killer would know, that will solidify his guilt.

Even today with Richard Allen's confession, I still look at the video from Liberty German's phone and do not think that is him. But if Richard Allen says he is the killer, then there is not much more to discuss.

You are correct that the craving for sweets after stopping drinking can lead to weight gain.

However, that's assuming one has easy access to sweets.

It would be interesting to know how much access RA has had to sweets while in jail.

He has access to commissary as reported earlier in the thread.

Allen’s wife was among the crowd gathered inside the courtroom.

“He’s my person,” she whispered to WRTV’s Kaitlyn Kendall before the hearing began.

“He’s my person,” she whispered to WRTV’s Kaitlyn Kendall before the hearing began.

That state's testimony included several mentions of “admissions” that Allen had allegedly made on at least five or six occasions regarding his involvement in the 2017 killings of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.

:(

Thank you for your posting! :) I only want to emphasize certain facts, because I'm concerned with RA's wife's stance about things before/during/after the fateful day of February 13th in 2017.

Thank goodness the court of law does not work in similar binaries.

He placed himself adjacent to the scene wearing similar clothing. This is especially damning because at that point he didn't know video of the suspect existed. If I am a juror I'm connecting those dots.

How much weight does his statements to police carry if the bullet is thrown out? Not nearly as much. That part is true.
I still cannot see Richard Allen in the video from Liberty German's phone, even with a confession.

I would have let him go because it is better to let a guilty man go free than it is to convict an innocent person.

I still cannot see Richard Allen in the video from Liberty German's phone, even with a confession.

I would have let him go because it is better to let a guilty man go free than it is to convict an innocent person.
He looks very different now, but back then I can see BG in the video as RA. Absolutely.

Regardless of the video, the evidence we know of, plus more we don’t know of will lead to Justice. Moo

More at link-just brought over more info. about housing conditions.

John Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

Allen is allowed three showers per week and three sets of clothing. He also has access to commissary, where he has bought clothing, socks and shoes, Galipeau told the judge. He also has a tablet, which accesses music, movies and phone calls and he is afforded 1 hour of recreation time, five times per week.

Galipeau says there have been no known threats to Allen or the facility since he arrived back in November and that the reports, he has received from Allen’s medical providers on staff has been in the healthy ranges the entire time he has been housed with them.

He testified that Allen started exhibiting “strange behavior” the day after he was given legal work, although he did not go into detail on the behavior or what that work was.

Gull issued a temporary restraining order for the DOC while Allen’s attorneys are meeting with him. She plans to take the arguments under advisement and will make a ruling on whether or not he will be moved out of Westville at a later date.

poster_c05c6ba513f64c34a3560d80e44d43b3.jpeg

Richard Allen Court Appearance 61523
Interestingly, murder she still podcast apparently said he smashed a tablet type device in his cell, and that it was replaced free of charge for him. I don’t know where the podcast got this info nor how reliable it is. I can advise this was said on their episode post hearing last eve.

In the courtroom Thursday, onlookers learned Allen has an electronic tablet to make phone calls from his prison cell, and the calls are monitored. In those calls, the prosecution said, Allen confessed five or six times to the murders of the girls.

BBM-Hmmmm...this report states RA confessed in recorded prison calls.
would like to know to whom he confessed

would like to know to whom he confessed
It says it was heard in recorded prison calls. So it wasn't to his attorney. It may have been family members or good friends. Who else could he have been talking to?. It had to be someone he was calling from jail. No one can call him.

So I think it might have been a friend or maybe a sibling ? I don't think it was his wife or daughter, but who knows?

It says it was heard in recorded prison calls. So it wasn't to his attorney. It may have been family members or good friends. Who else could he have been talking to?. It had to be someone he was calling from jail. No one can call him.

So I think it might have been a friend or maybe a sibling ? I don't think it was his wife or daughter, but who knows?

If he is going around confessing willy-nilly it’s a shame he still has not changed his plea. It would of been nice for the victims families not to have to go though a Trial. But I guess is a selfish SOB moo

Considering his has admitted to being on the bridge just before the girls got there and owned the same type of clothing as Bridge Guy it would be a Miracle if he isn’t Bridge guy. Also the Woman who saw him as well on the first platform.

People may not think it looks like him but it clearly is and there is little doubt imo at this stage.

MOO

Last edited:
I listened to the MS podcast which had a good run down of the court proceedings.

Things that stuck out to me

1. Defence is very focused on the detention stuff, and seems to have given up on bail. Revealing as to the relative strength of the evidence IMO. * The obvious thing to do is to get him out of prison when we are still almost 7 months from trial. I guess the defence realised there is no chance of that. Wonder if the confessions sank that boat?

2. There seems to be a good chance at least some of the confessions are on the recorded calls, with perhaps others to people in the jail. He has also written letters to the warden. These things are a disaster for the defence. Obviously they are already trying to paint this as inconsistent and a mental health issue but a jury will struggle to buy that IMO

3. A number of the claims about his conditions appear to have been overstated. Judge pushed back on some stuff. Warden was a very good witness

4. Release of some filings is great. it seems a bunch of stuff was not actually suppressed as no such application/order was made. It was withheld by mistake.

* I don't agree with these kinds of prison conditions for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98