IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day before the documents drop, the marital home is on the market. Ouch.
Interesting strategy. I hope KA takes the proceeds and heads to Hawaii with her daughter. They are traumatized victims of his evil deception. Say goodbye to her people in Indiana. Nice change of scenery should do them good.
Wave hello to: Sunshine. Rainbows. Orchid leis. Mangos. Cocktails with umbrellas. I wish the family the best life possible.
Sounds like she believed his confession. I mean, you know, even though the defense says that the confession couldn’t be trusted.

Last edited:
The carpet cut out of the trunk makes me also think they had a "hit" with luminol or blue star. I wonder if he wore shorts or another pair of pants under his jeans and then put the jeans and jacket and shoes in his trunk because they were bloody and/or muddy after the crime. He could have rinsed off his hands or arms or face in the creek.

The carpet cut out of the trunk makes me also think they had a "hit" with luminol or blue star. I wonder if he wore shorts or another pair of pants under his jeans and then put the jeans and jacket and shoes in his trunk because they were bloody and/or muddy after the crime. He could have rinsed off his hands or arms or face in the creek.

I'd wondered early on about a change of clothing. Maybe before the murders, definitely after. Makes sense.

JMO

Sounds like she believed his confession. I mean, you know, even though the defense says that the confession couldn’t be trusted.
The D says the 5 confessions cannot be trusted bc RA was sent to Westville two days after his arrest in OCT, 2022. By APR, when he confessed, he'd been driven a little bit crazy. It's not normal to wet paper and chew it. The guilt of committing the crime and what it's done to him and his family has broken RA, I suppose. Facing a lifetime of isolation and hate from fellow inmates may be too much to bear.

So be it.

Allen’s attorneys had acknowledged he made “incriminating” statements while in custody at a June 16 hearing but described them as unreliable because of mental health issues he has developed while incarcerated. He has pleaded not guilty, and a trial is scheduled for January 2024.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/richard-allen-delphi-documents_n_649cb07fe4b092a7871e4e8a

I have not been able to personally read through all these documents. But from what I can garner, there is no mention of KK’s potential involvement, or any other indication that someone else was involved. Is that correct?

I have to wonder, did RA normally carry a knife *and* a gun with him? That wouldn’t necessarily be unusual on a hunting trip, but this happened on a public trail. Does that seem excessive to anyone else? Maybe I’m looking too hard into that but it really seems like he already had something nefarious planned in advance

All JMO

Now we know the video Libby captured is 43 seconds long. I just used a stopwatch to get a sense of how long that feels. Try it - 43 seconds is quite a long time.

I wonder how close he got before the recording stopped?

Did he ever see the phone?

Idk about that. My adult son is short in stature like RA and wears a size 8. His dad is 2.5 inches taller but wears a smaller size shoe like RA.
I’m 6’2” in a size 13 so my perspective is obviously skewed. But I quickly looked up the average size of men in the U.S. and both of RAs sizes are below average. The 6.5 considerably so.

But I don’t remember hearing anything about footprints in any of the evidence thus far so all likely moot.

I have not been able to personally read through all these documents. But from what I can garner, there is no mention of KK’s potential involvement, or any other indication that someone else was involved. Is that correct?

I have to wonder, did RA normally carry a knife *and* a gun with him? That wouldn’t necessarily be unusual on a hunting trip, but this happened on a public trail. Does that seem excessive to anyone else? Maybe I’m looking too hard into that but it really seems like he already had something nefarious planned in advance

All JMO
No idea what he carried habitually.
No idea whether it was preplanned either and it could not have been unless he had known where they planned to be and the precise time that afternoon.
he could have targeted the people he'd met earlier who said 'hi'.
He didn't even reply.
He had the same gun at that stage and the same knife.
did he believe he was outnumbered?
He chose not to.

it's almost impossible to figure out who he is or how he processed from the open source material currently available.

The 'staging' might say more about his thought processes when that becomes available which I suspect will be no time soon.

Now we know the video Libby captured is 43 seconds long. I just used a stopwatch to get a sense of how long that feels. Try it - 43 seconds is quite a long time.

No idea

Considering she started recording before the point where he's within 70 feet of them, the famous 1.5 sec interval, I'd say it's a lot shorter than a lot of conspiracy types were worked up about over the years. As in many minutes, even hours, recorded.

Hate to be snarky, but yes 43 sec. is long all things considered. Just glad our brave sole Libby caught it on video and audio, it puts the perp at the CS at a specific time, in certain garb.

JMO

Considering she started recording before the point where he's within 70 feet of them, the famous 1.5 sec interval, I'd say it's a lot shorter than a lot of conspiracy types were worked up about over the years. As in many minutes, even hours, recorded.

Hate to be snarky, but yes 43 sec. is long all things considered. Just glad our brave sole Libby caught it on video and audio, it puts the perp at the CS at a specific time, in certain garb.

JMO
He's a lot shorter too.
I noticed his jeans sizes.
32/29

I have not read the documents yet and have only read news articles and those here on WS. Early on there was talk regarding LE digging in the back yard or fire pit. Is anything mentioned in the doc drop in reference to that?

So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievable

So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievable

There was no follow-up. This is what pisses me off. Could have been solved in a matter of days.

Interesting thought... but if she were working with the Prosecution, wouldn't we expect to see more phone calls, attempts to keep him talking?

But really what more could they need?

The sealed files must be rife.

Right down to DNA, hair fibers, transfers, souvenirs I'll bet.

Jmo
If she’s working with LE why would she have ended the call in which he confessed to her, and abruptly at that? Why would she then attend a mtg with RA’s lawyer and RA at the place where he’s being held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14