IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is super strange he just left the phone behind so I can only assume he didn’t realize he was being filmed or recorded.

Otherwise you take the phone and dump it in a river. Then he likely gets away with this crime imo
No he doesn’t. Because he goes and tells a CO he was on the bridge. He doesn’t go to cops. He goes to a CO. His ploy to be responsible by reporting himself and then forgotten entirely almost worked too.

I realize it's Monday morning quarterback-ing, but I would have. People who abduct and kill young people in this manner are nearly always local to the area. They operate in areas where they feel comfortable. The location of the abduction and murder alone should have raised a red flag to look at locals. RA fit so many boxes on the profile.

It's difficult, but every community leader and LE in these situations needs to be aware of the stats regarding child abduction and murder. In rural areas like Delphi, LE has to look at everyone from any town within a 50 or 60 mile radius.
Well yes, any of us would have suspected him. But a basic CO? Little to no experience with investigation at all? Of what age? Probably not.

I have a really hard time trying to understand a criminal's mind. It makes no sense to me at all that he would go to great lengths to avoid capture but then keep all the stuff that would incriminate him. He certainly had enough of the items LE took that he could afford to get rid of the couple that would send him away forever.
We don’t know that he kept anything that could put him away forever. He may have kept things that didn’t have anything of interest to LE.

While the sources vary on a lot of these issues, the MS podcast was behind much of them. IMO, they do have a source close to the investigation, and quite a few of the things they have reported on have been later supported. And, to their credit, they DO always add the caveat that KAK is a liar and cannot be trusted. So while we have some information on KAK, we can't really call any of it fact, even the stuff from his 2020 interview with LE.

However, BP and KG have both confirmed that L was communicating with a_shots, and recent enough before they went missing for KG to reach out to him to see if he had heard from them. And the ISP put out the a_shots ask, NMcL said the Ks were part of the investigation during the Oct. PC, and at least one news source confirmed the Wabash search was related to Delphi. Another news source confirmed to MS that her LE source told her KAK was not the killer, but knew who it was, or was involved. And NMcL did say at the Nov. hearing that they had "good reason to believe" others were involved.

So, where are we today, with RA's confessions and no other arrests? IDK. The one thing I truly hope, is that at some point NMcL explains to the families and community, whether or not they believe RA acted alone, because the families and community deserve to know if anyone else involved is still walking free. JMO.
I’d believe a pedo ring was working together here. I could see RA abducting the kids with a plan to bring them to the cemetery where someone else would take them away to somewhere else. It’s too coincidental that Kk was in touch with LG before they kids were found dead. Or at least the a_shots profile was in touch with her (who was using it at the time, no idea).

I would believe that the kids posted or told someone online where they were heading. Maybe invited other friends along. I would believe RA was notified somehow and was there with a purpose just like the witnesses said.

I’d also believe that he may not have been the actual killer. I would buy that this went south somehow and the kids ended dead. Doesn’t mean he killed them. <modsnip: removed unnecessary, graphic speculation>

Last edited by a moderator:
It is super strange he just left the phone behind so I can only assume he didn’t realize he was being filmed or recorded.

Otherwise you take the phone and dump it in a river. Then he likely gets away with this crime imo

Remind me: was the phone left behind? Or was the content uploaded to the cloud and discovered there?

Remind me: was the phone left behind? Or was the content uploaded to the cloud and discovered there?

The phone was said early on to have been found “near” the crime scene. Now we learn in the docs released it was located underneath Libby’s body. No mention of uploads to cloud at all, no source for cloud ever being involved.

A little research on "fabric straps" was interesting. That "load securing" caught my eye. I wonder if the supply trucks to the drug store used that. I see ads for heavy cotton webbing for arts and crafts, too.

Is it something that was left at the scene and they are looking for a match?

What is the strap fabric called?
Webbing - Wikipedia

Webbing is a strong fabric woven as a flat strip or tube of varying width and fibres, often used in place of rope. It is a versatile component used in climbing, slacklining, furniture manufacturing, automobile safety, auto racing, towing, parachuting, military apparel, load securing, and many other fields.

The tactical belt I use is identical to that, it's a nylon web material.

Random...
He had to be totally paranoid to a point since the Murders. Finding out about the Vid on the phone Libby took and not knowing how much was on it had to freak him out. Had too.
I don't see how the average guy does this crime and not a single person around them notice any changes in them?? That is chilling too me.
Another thing..it looked like he wore layers that day, why not take his bloody, wet and muddy clothes off before he walked to the car? Maybe he just wasn't thinking.
You would think someone in his circle of close family or friends would have said..Wow! you kinda look like BG or his wife seeing the similar clothes.

Didn't they find clothing articles in the water? Or did I dream it.

In 2017 the CO collected RA's cell phone MEID and MEIDHEX. My hunch is that the location data pulled from the towers at the scene, combined with his cell phone information somehow lead LE to clear RA initially. If you think back...LE was getting the mobile ID off of everyone's phone that was in the area...it sounds like even from the searchers that came out to help that night. One of the US Marshals working this case specializes in mobile phone tracking...I really think that has something to do with it...and potentially also why LE feels confident they can put him on the bridge and charge felony murder...but maybe was not confident enough to put him at the crime scene and charge him with intentional murder.

JMO

I've worked in cell tower components manufacturing in the past, specifically traveling wave tubes and associated electrical stuff related to radio waves and communications between personal electronic devices, and between towers.

Some variables come into play regarding detection of, say, phones, and their distances, etc. In 2017, what tech detected phones within, say, 2000 feet of MHB is anyone's guess, regarding age/era. My guess would be phone locations within 2000 feet of the bridge would have been narrowed down to 100-200 feet, and that varies as the phone locations are being tracked from multiple towers. I say 100-200 feet only because I don't know the age of the towers ca. early 2017, and the density of towers affects the accuracy of a phone's location. So in Lafayette for example, just using towers there and no other assisting devices, a phone could probably be be tracked to within 20-50 feet of its location. In a rural area like where the murders happened along Deer Creek, in 2017 they would have been lucky if location info was good to within say 200 feet, and even then it could be subjective. They could have had RA's phone location, assuming he was carrying a phone that afternoon on the trail, however its exact location would have been very subjective.

I go back to Libby's phone pinging at around 5:30 the afternoon of the murders. The phone pinged, but its location was not known.

JMO

Last edited:
I’d believe a pedo ring was working together here. I could see RA abducting the kids with a plan to bring them to the cemetery where someone else would take them away to somewhere else. It’s too coincidental that Kk was in touch with LG before they kids were found dead. Or at least the a_shots profile was in touch with her (who was using it at the time, no idea).

I would believe that the kids posted or told someone online where they were heading. Maybe invited other friends along. I would believe RA was notified somehow and was there with a purpose just like the witnesses said.

I’d also believe that he may not have been the actual killer. I would buy that this went south somehow and the kids ended dead. Doesn’t mean he killed them. <modsnip: removed unnecessary, graphic speculation>
Yeah, with all the unknowns and strange coincidences here, it's impossible to guess. My personal feeling is there is not going to be a direct link between KAK and RA, and I've never really believed in a pedo ring, but I have not discounted a SM connection, where KAK might know something about the crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be one of his "mistakes". The last successful ping of the phone was 5:30pm. So either the phone battery died or it was somehow turned off at that time. Perhaps the killer was still at the scene of the crime at that time, and damaged the phone such that he thought it would be useless (and the phone turned off in the process of being damaged)...but he was wrong.

JMO

Last edited:
A little research on "fabric straps" was interesting. That "load securing" caught my eye. I wonder if the supply trucks to the drug store used that. I see ads for heavy cotton webbing for arts and crafts, too.

Is it something that was left at the scene and they are looking for a match?

What is the strap fabric called?
Webbing - Wikipedia

Webbing is a strong fabric woven as a flat strip or tube of varying width and fibres, often used in place of rope. It is a versatile component used in climbing, slacklining, furniture manufacturing, automobile safety, auto racing, towing, parachuting, military apparel, load securing, and many other fields.

load securing...uh huh

I don't have the document link at the moment, but it was linked upthread. It was underwear and one sock which were not recovered from the CS. And yes, from the original PCA, it did sound like the missing items were from one victim.

These fabric straps are just odd. At first I read it as scraps, which I thought could be pieces from something (like underwear or sock), but it specifically stays "straps." So my mind goes to things like cord wraps, or nylon webbing. But who knows?
Yes! Cotton or nylon webbing or such an item are likely the fabric straps. If that is what's being referred to, then perhaps RA used the straps to tie or bind the girls together. It is sold in various colors and patterns. It is very strong and durable.
a blue fabric strap, and a bluegreen fabric strap
https://www.bing.com/shop?q=fabric+straps&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=D2D77264A5E44A0E8837056EA12E5B0A

Just so awful to consider those two girls alone in the woods with him and no one saw or heard a thing.

He was sloppy and stupid, sloppy and arrogant...even placing himself on the bridge that day...even dancing next to his own wanted poster at the bar..keeping the gun and no doubt other items involved in these crimes..he left the phone at the scene..he had signatures that we will one day hear about. He had interactions with the family of the victims at CVS...he thought he had it in the bag..mOO

I've worked in cell tower components manufacturing in the past, specifically traveling wave tubes and associated electrical stuff related to radio waves and communications between personal electronic devices, and between towers.

Some variables come into play regarding detection of, say, phones, and their distances, etc. In 2017, what tech detected phones within, say, 2000 feet of MHB is anyone's guess, regarding age/era. My guess would be phone locations within 2000 feet of the bridge would have been narrowed down to 100-200 feet, and that varies as the phone locations are being tracked from multiple towers. I say 100-200 feet only because I don't know the age of the towers ca. early 2017, and the density of towers affects the accuracy of a phone's location. So in Lafayette for example, just using towers there and no other assisting devices, a phone could probably be be tracked to within 20-50 feet of its location. In a rural area like where the murders happened along Deer Creek, in 2017 they would have been lucky if location info was good to within say 200 feet, and even then it could be subjective. They could have had RA's phone location, assuming he was carrying a phone that afternoon on the trail, however its exact location would have been very subjective.

I go back to LE pinging Libby's phone at around 5:30 the afternoon of the murders. The phone pinged, but its location was not known.

JMO
Perhaps combined with, hypothetically, google geofence warrant data though they felt like they could rule in/out devices and their owners?

JMO

I think LE needs to go back and

That could be one of his "mistakes". The last successful ping of the phone was 5:30pm. So either the phone battery died or it was somehow turned off at that time. Perhaps the killer was still at the scene of the crime at that time, and damaged the phone such that he thought it would be useless (and the phone turned off in the process of being damaged)...but he was wrong.

JMO
Except a witness saw a man bloody and muddy in the area heading away from the crime scene at just before 4pm. So I don’t think the killer was still there by then - unless there was more than one person involved or the person the witness saw wasn’t involved at all.

I have yet to find the search list/warrant.

It's called Objection Filed 6-27-2023 13.34.25 248103915 FFC47C07-5DAF-414E-9879-66EEBA100263.pdf

The documents have been OCR'd so they are searchable in the folder where you downloaded them. I just searched my folder for headbands and it came right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14