IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as selfish as it is I went it broadcasted live so I hope he gets his wish.

The children in this case it seems are now legal adults as well so that’s not a issue either because that would of been the concern I guess.

Moo

He's a total narc so probably
Let's hope by "narc" you mean he will narc on others and their involvement and not narcissist, which is a term thrown around waaaayyyyy too much without any factual knowledge of any psychological diagnosis he may or may not have.

Not every "bad" person is a narcissist, but it's a very popular word these days (unfortunately).

According to this article, RA wants news cameras and public broadcastings...

DELPHI, Ind. — Richard Allen, the accused killer of Libby German and Abby Williams, wants news cameras and public broadcastings of his pretrial and trial, according to a motion filed Wednesday.

RBBM

Interesting.

JMVHO.

Somehow in reality I don't think he would testify, he is chicken and he knows he's guilty..he should plead guilty and ask for the mercy of the court. Of course if I'm the judge he's going to death row, I don't care about the antiquated system of the DP in our country or if it's right or wrong..in this case I am totally indifferent to cruel and unusual punishment etc.. and I have no sympathy for him what so ever and will do the bidding of the victims families...he needs to make a full confession. mOO

That was shocking to me as well. Maybe the Defense is looking for their 15 minutes of fame? Maybe they think RA will come across as more sympathetic on camera. (Maybe RA will be sitting there chewing up a writing tablet?)

I hope all graphic images and testimony are blocked from public view even if I agree to having cameras in court as a general rule.

MOO

Are you thinking it means cameras as in photographs? Because the reference in the motion is to “broadcast cameras” as in broadcasting live video, just as if one is in attendance in the courtroom but for the benefit of home viewers including audio of testimony (otherwise we’d all be trying to lip read, please no, can you imagine?)

I’m mixed. I still remember the trial of Casey Anthony - it seemed to me to be an emotionalized form of entertainment for many, followed by NG’s shrilling about something or other. For those reasons I found the entire ordeal rather a sad display of humanity in general. JMO

Last edited:
I have seen very few actual motions so I'm not sure if RA really requested cameras in court or if it was just wording. I'm pretty sure that he and his attorneys agreed on the issue, though.

If the trial is public, then there should be cameras in the courtroom and should also be live streamed, imo.

Are you thinking it means cameras as in photographs? Because the reference in the motion is to “broadcast cameras” as in broadcasting live video, just as if one is in attendance in the courtroom but for the benefit of home viewers including audio of testimony (otherwise we’d all be trying to lip read, please no, can you imagine?)

I’m mixed. I still remember the trial of Casey Anthony - it seemed to me to be an emotionalized form of entertainment for many, followed by NG’s shrilling about something or other. For those reasons I found the entire ordeal rather a sad display of humanity in general. JMO
No, I'm thinking one still mounted camera from the back of the Court (which was suggested as an option by the Judge in Moscow, ID case) with audio and visual. I don't think there is ever a good reason to show graphic death scene or autopsy images in open court.

In the Murdaugh case, they showed what few they produced under cover. The coroner used a white board with an anatomical body for reference.

Agreed the Casey Anthony case was a. circus, NG really made an even more famous name off that case. The conduct of most of those involved was despicable from CA herself, her Mom, Jose Baez, the Bounty Hunter, to the blood thirsty public. It seems like people forgot the only true victim there....Caylee herself who never saw justice IMO.

MOO

Yup it was absolutely disgusting, so glad he got what he deserved.
I couldn't watch that trial, and don't follow child murder cases anymore. It's too painful to see such true innocence destroyed at the hands of evil. It breaks my heart and I cannot imagine what it does to the families of these young babies. :(

JMO

Seriously curious as to why you think this if you care to elaborate. :)
I agree but not sure if it’s for the same reason.

I am hesitant to think this will go to trial because I don’t think RA wants all the details of the crime released… I don’t think he wants his family to know everything and might just want to spare them. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel