IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Odinite from Logansport, whose son reportedly dated Williams, allegedly posted images to social media that mimicked the crime scene.

Another man from Rushville allegedly confessed to his sister about the killings. Two more men — one also from Rushville and another from Delphi — are also possibly involved, Allen's attorneys claim.

Who has the warrant handy? Didn't LE collect a book from the house? Title, anyone?
In total, over 75 items were taken by police during two separate searches of Allen’s home on Oct. 13. The first search, which began at 7:09 p.m., yielded the following:

• A black Sig Sauer P226 .40 caliber handgun
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in a wooden keepsake box
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in the Sig Sauer
  • A magazine filled with nine .40 caliber cartridges
  • A magazine filled with eight .40 caliber cartridges
  • A paper-wrapped wooden weave box containing:
    • 2 “Audiovox” devices,
    • 2 silver Motorola flip phones,
    • 4 car chargers, and
    • 3 wall outlet chargers
  • 7 various sheathed knives
  • 8 various folding knives
  • 4 various multi-tools
  • A miniature katana with a red tassel
  • 3 pairs of boots
  • 12 various quarter-zip or full-zip sweatshirts
  • 3 coats
  • 4 various stocking caps and hats
  • 10 pairs of gloves
  • Various fabric straps
  • 2 HP Laptops
  • Multiple headbands
  • Cardboard phone box
  • Empty ammo box
  • 3 flash drives, 1 labeled “Rick”
  • 2 hard drives
  • An iPod
  • 12 cell phones
  • 2 pagers
  • Several miscellaneous chargers and phone accessories
  • A GPS system
  • A motorcycle cover
  • An Aquafina water bottle

The search warrants continued the following day on Oct. 14, 2022, when ISP troopers searched a Ford Focus at ISP District 14’s post in West Lafayette. The search, which docs show occurred around 2 p.m., yielded three items:

• A cutting of carpeted area under a spare tire in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the driver’s lap belt and the driver’s shoulder belt in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the passenger side carpeted floorboards
ETA: Second day SW

What the heck is Odinite cult??
jmo

Google has the definition. The cult is most commonly associated to white supremacy, which would make no sense to sacrifice of two white girls if one wants to believe it was involved.

It seems RA defence has scrubbed the internet looking for every single wild allegation and attention-getting theory ever put forth and packed it in this one motion, which I can’t help but notice has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of a SW. Feels much like a resemblance to a strawman.

Google has the definition. The cult is most commonly associated to white supremacy, which would make no sense to sacrifice of two white girls if one wants to believe it was involved.

It seems RA defence has scrubbed the internet looking for every single wild allegation and attention-getting theory ever put forth and packed it in this one motion, which I can’t help but notice has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of a SW. Feels much like a resemblance to a strawman.
If the Defense have pushed a narrative with no backup, can they be held liable? This seems so outrageous to me it's offensive.

I personally think RA is engaged in plea negotiations and has been since his "meltdown, paper eating episode" after the big Discovery dump by LE.

I also wondered if his wife tipped him in after his confession? Family member? Anything is possible I guess.

MOO

Whoa. Yuck. That's a twist I didn't expect, and that goes for if it's true or a wild attempt for defense.

jmo

The Odinist idea was one of many floating around for the almost six years before RA’s arrest. There were dozens of wild and not so wild theories we couldn’t discuss here but we all knew about them.
What the defense doesn’t include here is why LE dropped this line of investigation and why they didn’t arrest any of these Odinists. We don’t know the answer to that, but I’m sure the defense does. They are just stirring the pot.
I guess this is their new strategy, to hold up every investigative path LE took as proof that RA is not the guy.
Some thoughts:
1) why is a bullet from RA’s gun at the crime scene
2) explain why no other men were seen by witnesses on or near the trails at the time of the kidnapping and murders
3) explain why RA couldn’t have staged the crime scene in this manner whether he was an Odinist or not
4) by the defense’s own admission, RA confessed multiple times to his wife and mother

I was looking for something in the doc dump and came across RA atty filing = Def Motion to Quash McL's Apr. 20 Subpoena (May 3, 2023). In it he says the prosecutor is requesting records which are irrelevant as there are no pending matters pertaining to RA's competency to stand trial nor has RA raised the defense of insanity. (pg 257) That's in the Fox59 link but I can't remember if that one is allowed or not due to naming juveniles.
It the best of my knowledge it's not allowed if it's naming juveniles, including the PCA (need to use the redacted one). We need to use sources that don't name them, even though they are no longer juveniles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga