IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a nut. I am sus about anyone who wants to ignore this info.
This is the great thing about WS. We can all share how we see things, and learn from each other…or politely agree to have differing views.

I always learn a lot from all of you.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Well, I am not saying they are not involved. I don't think they'd do it for ritual killings, though. If RA is the killer, taking six years to capture a man living 1 mile away from the CS is a shame for LE. If Odinists are involved, there should be a reason for them...and much better than ritualistic pagan killings. Perhaps the reason exists and is too obvious to miss, but then, not seeing things under your nose, clearing obvious pois too soon (out of fear, maybe?) is shameful for LE of Indiana. DC has own police, FBI, everyone helping...and is still afraid of them?

The way RA looks on photos from jail is a shame for ISP, too.

And if some of DC's own people, those who pray with him before the meetings, are members of a pagan cult, or people working in penitentiary system are...well, this is just such a bitter irony!
Why do the Odinists need more reasoning than RA? We don’t know the motive for any of it yet, this new information actually presents more possible motive than anything we’ve had prior to it

It is ironic that these days Gray Hughes is doggedly comparing the voice of RA with the MHB recording. You see, I remember how at the very beginning, that voice was defined by the LE as the “voice of the devil”. That set the tone for the whole investigation, and now, LE got exactly what they were asking for. The devil? Are there any satanists around? No,but we have Odinists. So Odinists it will be. And now, LE’s own unprofessionalism backfires, because if you allude it was the devil who killed the girls, you set the stage for the followers of some pagan cults, what else can happen?

Personally, I don’t believe in ritualistic killings and the runes. I do believe that a person having a personal investment in one of the girls could stage it as “Odinist cult victims”. So, maybe the defenders are not that wrong in their accusation, and it is even possible that several people were involved. But I do think the murders were targeted. I don’t believe it was “sacrifice a girl” scenario, but “remove the hazard and oh, let’s throw some runes on it” seems quite plausible to me.
MOO RA most lliky did it alone.
Possibly he had ugly association CASM.
But just as a dissatisfied drinking middle aged man, he could have done this crime semi-impulsively.
MOO he crossed the Rubicon on the bridge with "Guys" and realizing that followed up with somewhat drunken murder. Then sobering and seeing what he did, tried some rudimentary staging.

RA’s lawyers are using the Dick Harpootlian Method of Defense. Alex Murdaugh’s attorney. Half truths and sensational conjecture aimed straight at the public. Sadly, they can get away with that behavior in legal documents. A license to lie.
Everything in that motion about Odinism itself is probably true. Pages and pages about this strange group bordering on satanism. “Read this!”, they say to us. “See how evil they are! It’s unbelievable.”
Then they tell us the police looked into these very people. Of course it’s them! They are so evil! Oh, LE decided early they were not involved. AH! They failed to properly investigate them! But did they? I’ll wait on the prosecution‘s response.
The defense attorneys lost all credibility with that fantasy motion they wrote in the spring.
And as others have said, shame on them for not sealing this entire document.

For a long time I have suspected the crime scene was intended to be photographed/video'ed. That would be a good reason to commit the crime in the daylight.

While I don't know a dang thing about ritual murders by racist cults, I would think that daylight wouldn't be the first choice.

jmo

welp, on the lighter side, I guess we can all stop worrying about whether KAK was involved or not. If he was he'd have been a much easier and less out there sell as the ODDI for the defense than ritual sacrifice and Odinism.

RA’s lawyers are using the Dick Harpootlian Method of Defense. Alex Murdaugh’s attorney. Half truths and sensational conjecture aimed straight at the public. Sadly, they can get away with that behavior in legal documents. A license to lie.
Everything in that motion about Odinism itself is probably true. Pages and pages about this strange group bordering on satanism. “Read this!”, they say to us. “See how evil they are! It’s unbelievable.”
Then they tell us the police looked into these very people. Of course it’s them! They are so evil! Oh, LE decided early they were not involved. AH! They failed to properly investigate them! But did they? I’ll wait on the prosecution‘s response.
The defense attorneys lost all credibility with that fantasy motion they wrote in the spring.
And as others have said, shame on them for not sealing this entire document.
^^^^^^^
THIS!

For a long time I have suspected the crime scene was intended to be photographed/video'ed. That would be a good reason to commit the crime in the daylight.

While I don't know a dang thing about ritual murders by racist cults, I would think that daylight wouldn't be the first choice.

jmo
Same, I have no doubt that it was photo'd or vid'd. I only hope and pray that the State has found something on RA's devices.

MOO

jmo
yes!!!! I believe it was photographed. It had to be remembered. What was “staged” at the crime scene was very important to the killer. It had to be kept somehow.

For the longest time I bought into KAK. TBH This makes more sense kinda. There are half truths and some real truths and then there is BS. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Last edited:
For anyone who has followed this case for any length of time the relationship between Abby and BH’s son is not new information. This BH did it has had its supporters for years. What I find so odd about the defense saying BH did it is that at least the original BH did it motive made a lot more sense than “mixed race dating”.

It’s like the defense read the theories but got bored so they went with an alternate ending.

Also, why did the defense include BHs alibi in the document? Wouldn’t it have made more sense to just omit that all together?

Let's not forget that RA confessed at least 5 different times to his wife and Mother on the jailhouse phone. Those calls will have been transcribed.

I wonder if he knew information that only the killer would know or how much detail he gave.
He saw the Discovery. He really couldn’t hide it anymore. He knew he was done. He confessed in a period of weakness.

He knows he’s done

MOO

Remember when the Defence presented their “case” to have RA moved out of Westville?

It was proven to be all lies. What they said was occurring was not. Judge Gull put that to bed real quick.

These lawyers like the drama. They like to spin a story with mistruths. Oh yes they do.

This is a HUGE Hail Mary.

They need that search warrant thrown out. Wonder why? Oh My Goodness…there must be some really bad stuff LE found! Bad enough to bury RA deep. Real deep. No wonder RA started eating pages of the Discovery Material. He couldn’t leave that sitting around for someone to read. Oh no…that would not be good at all. He was hiding evidence!!! Hiding the truth of what he’d done.

The spin masters are working real hard. I just wonder how they get away with with outing the names of witnesses, calling out LE Officials as liars, releasing sensitive information about the crime scene and finally, IN WRITING, PUBLICLY NAMING 4 individuals as being involved in the murders of Abby and Libby? Are there going to be consequences for this?

While we all stumble through this mess of a document, where mistruths and fantasy are spun on every page, I dearly hope that Judge Gull will bring sense and decorum back to the proceedings.

IMO this is a travesty. Abby and Libby deserve better. The families deserve better. These two lawyers are a disgrace.

MOO JMO IMHO and all that Jazz

Defense attorneys fighting an uphill battle will often "try their case" in the news media. These days that includes social media, too. The arguments and evidence leaked out are always one-sided. It's why, in high profile cases, the judges issue a gag order until the trial.

BTW, I'm really surprised the judge allowed the unredacted document to be released. One would think they would redact the names of innocent witnesses, etc.

BTW, in case it hasn't been posted, here's profiler Pat Brown discussing the defense filing

Same, I have no doubt that it was photo'd or vid'd. I only hope and pray that the State has found something on RA's devices.

MOO
As of 8/8 and 8/10, it appears they have not. Liggett and Holeman apparently both confirmed in their depositions that nothing recovered from his phone, computers or electronics links him to the crime. And no DNA or fingerprints link him either. p. 129.

Of course, this is the defense's memo, so they may be leaving out other things that do link him. But they wouldn't outright lie about what was said in the depositions (especially since the transcripts are attached to the memo), so it seems like the electronics haven't yielded much at this point.

MOO
I think the search yielded lots of evidence. I’m thinking Abby & Libby’s blood on shoes, clothes, car, etc and that’s why they’re trying so hard to get the search thrown out.

Well, I am not saying they are not involved. I don't think they'd do it for ritual killings, though. If RA is the killer, taking six years to capture a man living 1 mile away from the CS is a shame for LE. If Odinists are involved, there should be a reason for them...and much better than ritualistic pagan killings. Perhaps the reason exists and is too obvious to miss, but then, not seeing things under your nose, clearing obvious pois too soon (out of fear, maybe?) is shameful for LE of Indiana. DC has own police, FBI, everyone helping...and is still afraid of them?

The way RA looks on photos from jail is a shame for ISP, too.

And if some of DC's own people, those who pray with him before the meetings, are members of a pagan cult, or people working in penitentiary system are...well, this is just such a bitter irony!

There's nothing in "Odinist" beliefs, practices, etc. that promotes the sexual assault and murder of young girls. White supremacists who follow Odinism, as offensive as they are, are not linked to sexual assault and murder of young girls. People who kidnap and murder young girls like Abby & Libby are twisted, violent sexual predators.

I think the search yielded lots of evidence. I’m thinking Abby & Libby’s blood on shoes, clothes, car, etc and that’s why they’re trying so hard to get the search thrown out.

In every major murder trial I've followed in the last several years, the defense always tries to get evidence, SW's, etc. thrown out. They also ask the judge to declare a mistrial. Its standard operating procedure, it doesn't really indicate anything about how strong the state's case is.

In some states with capital punishment, DP qualified defense attorneys are required to or it's strongly recommended that they file these motions. Some states actually have list of motions they're required to file.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that RA confessed at least 5 different times to his wife and Mother on the jailhouse phone. Those calls will have been transcribed.

I wonder if he knew information that only the killer would know or how much detail he gave.

Yep but they will claim he only did it to due to the cult guards threatening him or some other rubbish.

Yep but they will claim he only did it to due to the cult guards threatening him or some other rubbish.
I'm not understanding why guards would threaten him into confessing when his case already looked bad. They could just let it ride out while RA deteriorated and the case against him played out in court.

jmo

Random thought I had:

I’ve been wondering why RA came forward to begin with and why he admitted to being there. I wonder if HE recognized one of the 3 witnesses and thought they recognized him so he tried to get ahead of being placed at the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member