IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The document raises some points to the investigation that ask big questions and shed some concerning light over it. The parts that are supported with exhibits and evidence have changed my perspective on it quite a bit

I prefer to wait until the trial, when we can hear and see all the evidence and testimony. The defense is allowed to be very selective in the evidence they present and it seems they have been. They're leaving out a great deal of evidence that the prosecution has, including DNA, data from cell phones, GPS, computer records/searches, all the evidence gathered at RA's home, surveillance audio and video, etc. They've released a small amount to the public, but there's a lot more.

Of course the defense isn't going to mention any incriminating evidence against RA in their report, unless they can turn it to his benefit. That's their job. But its necessary for juries to hear all the evidence, from both sides.

IMO, wouldn't it be possible to determine the height of BG in the video? If it is determined that BG was 5 ft 4 inches (RA's height) then I would think the matter of his guilt would be confirmed. But I think I recall LE saying that the murderer was 5 ft 8. 4 inches in height difference is quite a lot.

Also, has LE got RA on tape saying "Down the hill"? Analysis of his voice and the voice of BG on Libby's video should be strong evidence that RA either is or is not BG. JMO
neither is...the teen witnesss already stated he was short but were not taken seriously..they did consider suspects of all sizes including a 6ft..something i always found absurd
the video itself will be of no use as its very grainy and this was always stated..the audio was cleaned so idk how it stands inspection

his clothes and being at the location and admiting to seeing witnesses is more important ..

neither is...the teen witnesss already stated he was short but were not taken seriously..they did consider suspects of all sizes including a 6ft..something i always found absurd
the video itself will be of no use as its very grainy and this was always stated..the audio was cleaned so idk how it stands inspection

his clothes and being at the location and admiting to seeing witnesses is more important ..
I think the video will be of use if they can synch his phone to the bridge at the same time Libby was recording him. I do think the video will be used to place him on the bridge and with the girls.

jmo

One other thing that makes me believe one person did this and NOT 4/5 people in a cult is the mobile phone being left behind.

Anybody who has grown up with the Internet from a young age and the surge in tv shows about Crime wouldn’t be foolish enough to leave behind the mobile. You simply wouldn’t take such a stupid gamble by leaving it behind if there was a cult of men of all different ages who would know the importance of such matters.

Moo

I think the video will be of use if they can synch his phone to the bridge at the same time Libby was recording him. I do think the video will be used to place him on the bridge and with the girls.

jmo

I recall they have his car on video or security cam driving into and out of the area, too. I wonder if they also got any GPS readings or synching his phone when its in the car?

I recall they have his car on video or security cam driving into and out of the area, too. I wonder if they also got any GPS readings or synching his phone when its in the car? I wonder if he had On Star or something similar?
I think they can nail him on being at the right place at the right time to commit the crime. We don't know all the evidence LE has, but this portion seems solid.

jmo

If it was about Abby then why was Libby subjected to more of the brunt force of the attack?

I still come back to RA’s Daughters uncanny resemblance to Libby and then you read the crime scene and it reads like Libby was the target IMO
I still think libby is def the target ..and abby was collateral damage if she really refused to escape..and we also heard that libby fought ..thats why her bloody hands.. we cant take the defence word for how they were killed also ...
the way she redressed and killed might suggest ( i cant say remorse but something like when you are dealing with a child )

SBM for focus this was interesting and I tend to agree with her.

Just watching it now and it does remind me of the amount of people who suspected RL and made his life a absolute misery.

Then KK came along and the amount of people obsessed with him being involved and on and on it went even through there was zero proof.

Now all these people have gone silent and now latched on to the defense’s new tactics. Who I might add have not used KK as a excuse.

It feels like a large selection can not stand being proven wrong and are willing to believe anything other than RA did it just because their pet theory has not planned out. I hope BH won’t be another victim who’s life gets ruined by social media.

MOO - IMO :)

Last edited:
The document has not convinced me that Odinites committed the murders, although it does seem like at least some LE officers thought it was worth looking into further. It's something to consider. JMO

I'm not convinced that A was ever undressed and then redressed, or that the sticks were laid out as runes, or that the blood on the tree was an actual "F," but I'll remain open to anything until the trial. We really don't know enough of the evidence at this point. JMO

The P's timeline, with the three girls who saw the man walking toward the bridge, and RA saying he saw the girls, negates the D's timeline that he left at 1:30. But why would the D say that when they know phone records would tell something different? I think a lot of folks are bothered by that detail. JMO

BUT...the real crux of that entire 136 page document, for me personally, and the thing I want cleared up, is just exactly what each witness saw, which sketch and vehicle matched who and what they saw, why the change in direction in April 2019, if there could be other suspects, and if LE did any kind of fudging with witness statements to fit their RA narrative. Even if RA is guilty, something like that should never have happened. Witness statements being unreliable is not a good enough answer for me, either. JMO

Last edited:
So many, many times here on this blog, someone writes in the way this is put;--it's clear, and such a sensible, helpful observation. This aids untangling countless details that haven't yet brought our views into focus on the troubling crime scene.
That just tells me the 'runes' aka sticks were not so easily recognized as part of the staging.

SBM for focus this was interesting and I tend to agree with her.

She did a pretty good analysis of the defense claims about the crime scene, but she says since we haven't seen any of LE's photos or depictions, you can't judge based on the defense team's drawings. She also doesn't see a Odinist, white supremacist fitting the profile.

The stick drawings are mostly their interpretation. Chances are, they were branches with foliage attached. Any kind of twig can look like some figure with three lines or something.

ETA: She also makes a good point that all the items the defense claims were part of a ritual - blood painted on the tree, special branches in special shapes placed in rune shapes - were not brought to the murder scene. If a killer was planning to stage a pagan ritual, you'd think they would have brought special items to do this. Instead, the only items brought to the scene were a gun and a knife - the same things most serial killers bring.

Last edited:
One other thing that makes me believe one person did this and NOT 4/5 people in a cult is the mobile phone being left behind.

Anybody who has grown up with the Internet from a young age and the surge in tv shows about Crime wouldn’t be foolish enough to leave behind the mobile. You simply wouldn’t take such a stupid gamble by leaving it behind if there was a cult of men of all different ages who would know the importance of such matters.

Moo
I wish we knew more about any DNA from the CS. If it truly didn't match RA, then who does it match? Or was there no killer DNA to be found? I'd guess there to be more forensic evidence, like DNA, if there were multiple people there. JMO.

Please Ignore if you don’t want to read about the crime scene

So Libby had been painted by her own blood. Also then not covered up so taken away all her dignity in death.
Also Libby’s blood was all over the crime scene so feels like they played with her blood or body ( or both). Did I read it correctly that Libby was almost decapitated by her neck wound as well ( I don’t want to go back and read it again)

To me everything I read pointed to Libby being subjected to the worse of the attack and then ended it by taking all away all her dignity in death.

IMO

Thank you for the warning. Each one of their deaths is horrible. In that way, they are equal.

Ignore the following if you're sensitive:

The doc insinuates that Abby was hung from a tree and slowly bled out. If true, we have a child hanging from a tree in the woods with a minor injury that allowed her death to be slooooow all the while she's aware of what's happening around her.

I won't recount the various stages of blood loss except: When blood loss nears 30 to 40 percentTrusted Source of total blood volume, your body will have a traumatic reaction. Your blood pressure will drop down even further, and your heart rate will further increase.

sick ppl ...and those with homicidal or sexual or twisted fantasies like those in cults and so on ..would be interested in being seen as have commited things like that ..howmany wanted to be the zodiac real bad..
so confessing to close ppl about famous crimes isnt really an indication of anything ..unless they were tied really to the crime
aka KAK himself almost implicated himself in this.. and searched how long dna lasts

One other thing thats stuck me tonight is thinking about this elaborate plot.

I question if this was a Cult and there was multiple people involved with various men of different ages and sizes why would you send the fat , short and middle aged man across to lure the girls? .

I mean who was in this planning committee that thought “ Hold on here let’s send him across to capture them”?!

IMO

I have never thought RA acted alone and it makes total sense to me if he was hired or bribed to obtain the girls and lead them to where the crime scene would be. I absolutely believe he accept that “job”.

And the cult isn’t a figment of imagination….now whether or not they had any involvement in crime is up for debate, who knows, but it’s not up for debate that this cult is a real thing in that area.

Speaking as someone who grew up in a midwestern small town that had a creepy cult that was an open secret in our town (you knew not to leave your pets out etc) and the fact that our small cute town had a lot of hidden crime, I can fully believe that a cult would be involved in the Delphi murders. Some people think it sounds ridiculous but that’s because they haven’t experienced living around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member