IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement that Allen's defense team would not represent him comes hours after another defense attorney submitted a filing on his behalf, arguing he should be allowed to represent Allen.
Longtime defense lawyer David Hennessy filed a memorandum Thursday morning on behalf of defense attorney Baldwin, arguing he should be able to remain counsel to Allen following a reported evidence leak at the hands of a staff member.

I think RA will be pleading guilty sooner rather than later when new attorneys look at things.
The ex-defense attorneys were the only ones preventing that in my opinion. They chose to play games instead of doing what was best for their client.
I think they purposely threw that 'Hail Mary' Memorandum and it backfired in spectacular fashion. I wonder if we will ever know if they get sanctioned over that?

I just feel heartbroken for the family and it again shows you how the system doesn’t give two craps about the victims.

The Family’s lose their teenage daughters in the most brutal way possible and the accused and his team can literally play the System for years without any regard for the deceased family’s well being. It’s sickening watching this all implode time and time again.

So much for Justice .. moo

Agree.
They could have quit last week, not wait till the last minute.
Maybe now we can take down the circus tent and RA can get proper representation, and Libby and Abby can have their day in court…though delayed…free of manufactured drama.

So what happens with the Franks report for example ?

Will that ridiculous line of defense be thrown with out when new lawyers come on board? But then if his new defense team go a new route then that report is out there that everybody has seen and read so how do you undo that damage?

mooo
You cannot undo the damage. There is no way RA gets a fair trial with this all floating around out there. They've made a huge mess of this and honestly should be disbarred.

You cannot undo the damage. There is no way RA gets a fair trial with this all floating around out there. They've made a huge mess of this and honestly should be disbarred.

Still... justice has to be served and RA will (eventually) get his day in court if he wants it.

I just hate it for the families that years have been added for this ordeal to continue.

Think I’ll wait before passing judgement. A lot to take in. I’d certainly like to see the departing attorneys interviewed and asked for comment as to why they took this dramatic action to withdraw (and why they left it right up to the wire with their client and the victims families in the courtroom).

No, I believe it is sealed.
Thank you. Have you ever seen this one? I'm really curious what the judge's reason was.

11/03/2022Order Issued
Order of Recusal and Certification to the Indiana Supreme Court for Selection of a Special Judge Outside of Carroll County entered, per form. (copy to Indiana Supreme Court)
Judicial Officer: Diener, Benjamin A.
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Allen, Richard M.
Order Signed: 11/03/2022

I will add - something odd has happened here. Take a step back and consider how it is that an attorney has resigned from defending without it going through court procedure…

Judge Gull looked unprepared and a little taken aback, but she said something with significance I don’t yet fully understand when she said ‘this was outside of their control..’. Who is ‘their’ in this instance?

There’s more to this.

When it came out that the crime scene evidence leak came from connections to the defense, I pondered if it was a ploy to get taken off the case. That the evidence against RA was just so damning that they couldn't defend him. The fact that they've now quit makes me lean back to believing RA is indeed the right guy.

First the memo, then the leak, I think you're right. I think this all started with RA started confessing to his wife & mom.

I think the defense should have walked away when RA confessed and now I really wonder why they didn't.

MOO He can get a fair trial. The jury will listen to and weigh what is presented in court.

I think juiries understand the court of media is all over the place and has entirely different motivations than seeking justice.

Think I’ll wait before passing judgement. A lot to take in. I’d certainly like to see the departing attorneys interviewed and asked for comment as to why they took this dramatic action to withdraw (and why they left it right up to the wire with their client and the victims families in the courtroom).

Just a guess…because they are unprofessional.

I will add - something odd has happened here. Take a step back and consider how it is that an attorney has resigned from defending without it going through court procedure…

Judge Gull looked unprepared and a little taken aback, but she said something with significance I don’t yet fully understand when she said ‘this was outside of their control..’. Who is ‘their’ in this instance?

There’s more to this.
Possibly the head of the public defender's office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus