File Stamp:
01/18/2024
01/18/2024Motion for Leave to Amend Filed
Motion for Leave to File Amended Charges.pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
01/18/2024

I understood (thought I heard one of the SCOIN Judges specifically ask that question) that the trial Judge would hold a hearing on their conduct if the ExD are reinstated. I could be mistaken.

MOO
That's what my mind calculated his, that justice, questions and reactions to have been the outcome...a do over with a hearing into the old D's competency.

I think it might be a move for the DP. I really am surprised by the timing of this, but maybe the State is trying to show they feel they have a strong case. IDK
IMO death penalty is simply not an option in Indiana at present. Too expensive, too difficult to find drug companies willing to fill a Rx for the necessary drugs, hasn't been a pursued punishment in too long, etc....

See: https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/c...xpensive-unreliable-and-withering-on-the-vine

If they are reinstated it sets a horrible precedent. It’s telling defense attorneys they have a green light to ignore court orders, pass sensitive crime scene photos and discovery around at their next family barbecue, and lie to judges.
If the true concern of the justices is to get this trial back on the rails, get rid of both the attorneys and the judge.

What an incredible mess.
If only the exD followed the rules and had never leaked information, we would be ( maybe) witnessing justice unfold.

So,if it All unfolds the way you present, does everything start again from scratch???

I think it might be a move for the DP. I really am surprised by the timing of this, but maybe the State is trying to show they feel they have a strong case. IDK
What I think this does is firmly plant that the DA and LE are stating that RA isn't in any way peripheral to this. How often have I seen it thrown around on here that they charged felony murder because he kidnapped them but they couldn't prove he did the actual killing and there was possibly some shadowy cabal of other perpetrators? This change to the charges places both acts squarely at RA's feet. I think that's important.

MOO

My question is how this affects the ex-D, if reinstated, and their alleged plan to file for a speedy trial.
RA's lawyer said they were prepared to file a speedy trial request and be ready to go in 60-70 days. Let's see if they can deliver the check their mouth has written if they get reinstated. The State's Motion said it didn't affect the theory of their case substantially.

MOO

What an incredible mess.
If only the exD followed the rules and had never leaked information, we would be ( maybe) witnessing justice unfold.

So,if it All unfolds the way you present, does everything start again from scratch???
If they toss the ExD and Judge G, they would keep the Defense that Judge G appointed I believe. They've been working on the case a couple of months now. If the SCOIN finds cause to remove Judge G, they would have to start with a new Judge. Wow, I'm sorry I keep saying that, but this is one humdinger of a case for sure.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

Beautiful photo of the Courthouse, Indianapolis, IN.

Posting late X posts via @NewsyBarbara

It’s a pivotal day in the case against #RichardAllen #Delphi - as attorneys argue before the Supreme Court at 11amET. Whatever happens will dramatically affect his case. Watch live on @CourtTV 1/3

Allen wants old defense team back, judge replaced, and a speedy trial w/i 70 days. He’s charged with the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, who were abducted and killed in 2017. 2/2

7:52 AM · Jan 18, 2024

There’s no word when a decision could come from the court, but it’s expected that it could be days or weeks not months as is often the case. Right now his trial is set for October in Carroll County.

7:53 AM · Jan 18, 2024

Shay's take on today's Supreme Court hearing in the #Delphi case. Do you agree?

@NewsyBarbara

The defense team #RichardAllen wants is here. Bradley Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin.

K9 on patrol outside court. About 10 ppl in public line. Lots of media.

1705606087203.png

Bradley Rozzi talking with Cara Wieneke ahead of hearing. Cara filed this original action. Mark Leeman will argue it.

Attorneys have entered followed by law enforcement and families.

10:49 AM · Jan 18, 2024

Bradley Rozzi and Mark Leeman embrace after court. I asked both Rozzi and Baldwin for comment both declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine